Harry Kane

Is this true? We played an inverted fullback all the time last season, with Dias and Stones forming a back three with whichever fullback had stayed behind, and he seemed comfortable. Don't see any reason why Zinny couldn't invert and Dias would become a LCB. It's not like he'd become a full LB and start having to bomb up and down the wings.
We didn’t play an inverted full back all the time last season. Many times they played traditionally and we could get away with that because we had a more workmanlike midfield with Bernardo in it to help out the DM with his legs. At the start of our turnaround last season, Cancelo was the inverted full back from the right and Walker had a long spell where he was struggling to play, with Zinchenko playing on the left of a back 3 in possession. Then once Walker broke into the team again and became undroppable, often it was Cancelo at left back and he would not always invert. If Laporte was the LCB he played inside more, but there were games where Laporte didn’t play and Cancelo actually stayed on the left instead of coming inside. I really don’t like Dias being out in those areas where you’d normally expect a LB to be.

That's alright, but the defensive awareness to his game needs a lot of work. Along with being a bit more quick/decisive in his passing. He's meant to be our Busquets shielding an Iniesta and Xavi, but he's hardly done that so far.
We've only won the league, 2 carabao cups, made 2 FA cup semi finals, gone on a massive record breaking win streak with unprecedentedly good defensive performances, and made a CL final with him in the side so far since he got here. We need more!

i think haaland could be offer bonuses if he reaches goal targets and £400,000 is not far of what kane would be picking up

Ok, I think you're probably incorrect on that given that City and Chelsea have both backed off but agree to disagree.

Only worry with that is Rodri. I know he has his supporters but I think right now he's a weak link, too slow and can't do what Fernandinho does; but then who can.

Though I still think over the season that team wins the league.
Kante does it for Chelsea,and possibly Bissouma or Ndidi could do something approaching what Dinho has given us over the years.While they may not have his technical ability,in terms of mobility and recovery they are both big upgrades on Rodri - the attributes that let him and us down.

Do you mean that he needs to improve from being the top progressive passer in the Premier League?

But there are so many times when he he has the option to pass it forwards but he passes it sideways or backwards. He is far too cautious with the ball. It drives me potty watching some games. Hahaha. In most games, his first thought seems to always be 'take the lowest risk' approach. I don't expect him to be KDB with the ball but he is not anywhere near the same quality as Fernandindho in his ability to launch an attack with a pass. He was better last year but a drop-off towards the end. Reflected by the fact that Pep was not always picking him for all of the big games.

Caveat: I am more of a happy-clapper than one of those fans who always finds a reason to criticise a player.

2nd team would look like this

Steffen
Cancelo, Eric, Ake, Mendy
Ferny
Bernardo Gundo
Mahrez Jesus Torres

That side would finish top six
Haha was gonna say Eric left till I realised what you did there. Nice.

Don't have an account? Register now and see fewer ads!

Back
  AdBlock Detected
Bluemoon relies on advertising to pay our hosting fees. Please support the site by disabling your ad blocking software to help keep the forum sustainable. Thanks.