Harry Kane

Fair play from spurs though surely? They value a player at £X, if City want to pay then great if not then the player doesn’t move. They don’t owe Kane or City anything.
We must now be looking at alternatives. It's clear that we do not want to go to the £150m mark and Levy will not move.

There’s a feeling at the club this will get done closer to £120m mark + add on’s. As we’ve made it clear we won’t go near Spurs’ £160m valuation Levy is resigned to the fact he’s going to have to lower his expectations or face having a key player around who is adamant he wants to leave. Gut feeling is it won’t be done this week an I wouldn’t be surprised to see Bernardo go to Atletico Madrid first but confident this will get done before the end of the window.

I think SPurs have genuine interest in selling Kane because otherwise they would just come out and say he's not moving and there is no deal. It must be hampering their own business. Imagine Spurs contact a club, they seller will ask twice the fee because they think Spurs have £130m in the pipeline.

But Levy is not someone who is transparent and he genuinely might enjoy the chance to rip City off and play the big man. I think it's 50/50 and is probably going to go down to the last few days of the window.
Again it depends on what you mean by genuine interest. From the small noises, they actually don’t want to sell but if a huge bid of 150m/160m comes in then they reconsider. Spurs are not going to say anything official, the same way city don’t say anything official about transfers.

There’s a feeling at the club this will get done closer to £120m mark + add on’s. As we’ve made it clear we won’t go near Spurs’ £160m valuation Levy is resigned to the fact he’s going to have to lower his expectations or face having a key player around who is adamant he wants to leave. Gut feeling is it won’t be done this week an I wouldn’t be surprised to see Bernardo go to Atletico Madrid first but confident this will get done before the end of the window.

You'd think Tottenham would want Kane gone before we play Arsenal?

Just for the banter of Kane scoring against them

So the deal's on its arse then?

I heard from someone on Sunday it looked wrapped up too, almost whacked 5 ton on it, the bookies only approved £160 though. Might've saved my skin that.

They've already spent nearly £50m on Romero and so wouldn't spend large amounts on a backup striker - if they buy a forward for £60m then it's to replace

They've actually done a loan with obligation I believe, so little or no outlay on him whatsoever. I think I saw somewhere so far this summer they're actually in a positive net spend.

We need to start looking at other alternatives. I don't see Harry Kane deal happening any more

Also if this doesn't happen this week then it won't happen cause its very risky to drag it on to the last day of the window. We will end up without any striker

Ferran and Jesus are not strikers per se so we will struggle this year without an out to out striker

i was thinking last night about all this crap ?

if KDB was asking to leave and manchester city wanted £200million you think the club would stop him moving
also do you think we get the money we want ?

every football club are a selling club at the right price. modern day footballers are in full control
you have little to no choice in keeping a player. even the price of keeping a unhappy player no matter how professional they say he is.

spurs/levy are so wrong in what they are doing and it will only end up with hate from Kane
the true value in kane is his contract and nothing else. forget the value to the club that is in the past.
you can not pay for past records and goals score. because you would be asking for guarantees or your money back

i think manchester city have been more than fair with the offers for a 28 year old. its pure greed now by levy and spurs ? stop and think spurs why does kane want to leave ? maybe spurs are not the club everybody think they are and no ambition or wanting to win silverware. spurs and levy happy just turning over and being a premier league club
We wouldn't accept £20 million just so Kev could leave on good terms with the club. Kane is Spurs best player and most bankable asset and they have agreed him under a long term contract. No reason for them to let him go for under their valuation to City or any other club. Levy has the backing of the Spurs fans and their win over us on Sunday has given him a strong hand - if they continue with a run of good form under Nuno then Levy won't be worried about having a disgruntled striker on his hands. Once 31 August has passed and if we haven't signed him then Kane will fall into line at Spurs and forget about any ambition to play for us.

Wonder where atletico are suddenly getting their money from. Signing vlahovic and Bernardo isn’t gonna be cheap. Thanks for update mate

Don't have an account? Register now and see fewer ads!

Back
  AdBlock Detected
Bluemoon relies on advertising to pay our hosting fees. Please support the site by disabling your ad blocking software to help keep the forum sustainable. Thanks.