Harry Kane

Fuck me, that's not a kind caricature of Harry.

If we sign him he can rent that chin out to The Chill Factore as an extra slope whenever he's out injured.

We've already had a 'Welcome To Manchester' poster so it's been long done and dusted.

Grealish has the number 10 but to appease Kane we could give him a big 'Welcome To The Chin Factor' poster at J10, M60: )

I am not against signing a player to not get a resale value at the end. The resale value is, however, an important economic condition because it gives a club the chance to sell an asset for substantial funds and potentially replace that asset efficiently.

Moreover, the lack of resale value means City take on all the risk here, there is no room for error or that 125m+ is a total bust. It's the difference between the Griezmann/Hazard and Felix deals; Atletico have an out because other clubs would take the chance on Felix but no club would take the chance on Griezmann or Hazard for example.

The other key issue is the number of years of service you would get. Kane is 28, it isn't inconceivable that he could slow down on the wrong side of 30 or even earlier.

I posited this question before, how much would a 22 year old Kane be worth? Of course it would be a hypothetical situation, but if a 28 year old Kane is 125m, a 22 year old Kane would be 250/275m+?
Mate, we haven't time for hypotheticals. With Kane we know we're getting a PL proven world class striker. Injuries or a loss of form could hit anyone, so based on that metric, you'd never sign any players because of the inherent risks associated.

Over a 5 year period, Kane could cost us £35-£40m per season in amortised fees & wages, but if he keeps us at the top of the PL come the final day of the season, helps to bring the CL back to the Etihad, & helps to bring a domestic cup or 4 too, he will have more than repaid what we paid for him.

Most business assets depreciate, so buying a proven world class player in his prime will mean paying top dollar, but also mean we get his most productive years from him too.

We've enough prospects who we've bought for peanuts, realised they probably won't make the grade at the Etihad & have sold them on for a tidy profit. Those we're still unsure about, we insert a buy back & sell on clause to cover our backs just in case. As Pep said last week, unless we'd have done this, we wouldn't have brought in the £60m needed to get Grealish.

We've bought Grealish & want Kane to help us win trophies, not with a view to selling on for a profit. That's a big difference to a club chasing success, & a club with survival at the forefront of their thinking. Buy em cheap, develop em & sell em on for a big profit. That is not Manchester City Football Club at this present time mate.

1. Log onto Steam
2. Uninstall FM2017
3. Buy FM2021
4. Install FM2021
5. Install and Load FM2021 Pre-game Editor
6. Add 200m transfer kitty to City
7. Save
8. Load up FM2021 and start new game as City
9. Actually, go back to FM2021 Pre-game Editor
10. Delete Daniel fucking Levy
11. Save
12. Load up FM2021 and start new game as City
13. Offer new Spurs Director of Football 75m+25m for Harry Edward Kane
Actually I’ve already got harry fucking kane in fm2017 lol but i didnt think to deleting daniel fucking levy thx

It depends on the player. Kane has already scored 165 PL goals for Spurs, those are goals that we'll never get. There's only a limited amount of goals he could score for us at this age and that's hoping he doesn't have a sudden drop off like Sanchez, Hazard, Griezmann who all moved clubs at a similar age.

I just don't believe his fair value is 125m+ given all the risk, age, longevity issues involved. If I were to believe that Kane is worth 125m now, I would also have to believe that a 22 year old Kane is perhaps worth 275m which I certainly do not.
I don't understand your 22 year old Kane theory. 125 million pound for a top 2 striker on the planet who's English (So price will be higher anyway), has PL experience, is Pep's first choice striker, is on his knees to come to us and will very easily help us to retain our title and quite possibly help us to win our first ever Champions League title. He's everything we need.

Mate, we haven't time for hypotheticals. With Kane we know we're getting a PL proven world class striker. Injuries or a loss of form could hit anyone, so based on that metric, you'd never sign any players because of the inherent risks associated.

Over a 5 year period, Kane could cost us £35-£40m per season in amortised fees & wages, but if he keeps us at the top of the PL come the final day of the season, helps to bring the CL back to the Etihad, & helps to bring a domestic cup or 4 too, he will have more than repaid what we paid for him.

Most business assets depreciate, so buying a proven world class player in his prime will mean paying top dollar, but also mean we get his most productive years from him too.

We've enough prospects who we've bought for peanuts, realised they probably won't make the grade at the Etihad & have sold them on for a tidy profit. Those we're still unsure about, we insert a buy back & sell on clause to cover our backs just in case. As Pep said last week, unless we'd have done this, we wouldn't have brought in the £60m needed to get Grealish.

We've bought Grealish & want Kane to help us win trophies, not with a view to selling on for a profit. That's a big difference to a club chasing success, & a club with survival at the forefront of their thinking. Buy em cheap, develop em & sell em on for a big profit. That is not Manchester City Football Club at this present time mate.
I think you're misunderstanding my central argument; Kane may be worth 125m+ to City but that is because City are content enough to pay beyond his fair value. I don't believe Kane is worth 125m, the reason I mentioned the hypothetical example was to illustrate that valuing Kane at 125m at 28 would inadvertently and inherently value Kane at somewhere between 250m-300m a few years ago which I also don't believe his value to be.

I like the idea of having resale value, not because we ever want to sell the player but because it gives us an out if things don't go to plan. Felix has relatively underperformed at Atletico but they have an out. Kane is total risk. We bought the likes of Silva and Aguero who had tons of resale value without ever having the intention to sell them and it put us in an incredibly strong position.

You're right about any player getting injuries or losing form but a 28 year old for 125m means the margin for error is far smaller than other cases. Less clubs willing to take them on, longer recovery times, inability to adapt their games to new injuries etc.

I get why City want Kane in a market that isn't particularly plentiful but I hope, if we do sign him, it's a one off type signing.

I don't understand your 22 year old Kane theory. 125 million pound for a top 2 striker on the planet who's English (So price will be higher anyway), has PL experience, is Pep's first choice striker, is on his knees to come to us and will very easily help us to retain our title and quite possibly help us to win our first ever Champions League title. He's everything we need.

My 22 year old Kane theory is to with the quality of service he could provide. If we were to assume that Kane has 6 years left at the top, I would argue that the Kane at 22-28 would probably provide better service than a 28-34 year old version. Now, having a better stretch/service of Kane's career between 22-28 and then the potential to sell him on for 125m (which we're arguing is his value) or renewing his contract and keeping a 125m valued Kane, would mean that Kane would be worth more than 250m if you wanted to purchase the 22 year old version.

1. Log onto Steam
2. Uninstall FM2017
3. Buy FM2021
4. Install FM2021
5. Install and Load FM2021 Pre-game Editor
6. Add 200m transfer kitty to City
7. Save
8. Load up FM2021 and start new game as City
9. Actually, go back to FM2021 Pre-game Editor
10. Delete Daniel fucking Levy
11. Save
12. Load up FM2021 and start new game as City
13. Offer new Spurs Director of Football 75m+25m for Harry Edward Kane
I tried that and Spurs brought in Aurelio De Laurentiis and now instead of buying Kane for 75+25m I ended up paying 200m + Foden for Oliver Skipp.

Cheers mate..

Don't have an account? Register now and see fewer ads!

Back
  AdBlock Detected
Bluemoon relies on advertising to pay our hosting fees. Please support the site by disabling your ad blocking software to help keep the forum sustainable. Thanks.