Harry Kane

Which is why I expect this will eventually get done & we'll probably pay over the odds to get him. It sounds like the club are trying to sell Bernardo to fund this deal so until his future is sorted the deal will stall.
If that was the case, why did we do the Grealish deal first?

Grealish had his release clause and we could do that deal at any time.

To me a striker was a far more important deal for us to complete first.

If after completing the Kane deal and we had the funds, sign Grealish.

I think the Grealish clause had a time limit. It had to be triggered by a certain date, if it wasn’t then I reckon Villa would be pulling a Levy on us.

Reactions: cbl
I will be learning "We Didn't Start The Fire" on guitar today in honour of this thread and the things I read this morning before Ric decided to nuke all the evidence.

It is amazing how so many people who are on my ignore list seemingly spend so much time writing about me on Bluemoon. I guess I leave an impression even with those people I go out of my way to avoid ;)
Video of you playing guitar, with Harry Kane sat next to you singing backing vocals, or it didn't happen.

I think the Grealish clause had a time limit. It had to be triggered by a certain date, if it wasn’t then I reckon Villa would be pulling a Levy on us.
Sorry but I don't believe that, the clause would have lasted the length of his contract.

If it did have a time limit, fair enough, I was not aware of that.

And if Kane and his reps had the same foresight , we would not be in this crazy situation.

Yeah it expired a few days after we signed him - from what Sam Lee said, Villa tried stalling accepting City's bid to after the date, as City ostensibly shouldn't have been aware of the clause. Grealish and his camp mentioned legal action if they didn't accept the bid, due to the release clause.

I think they assumed the injuries to Kev/Foden was worse and Bernardo would find a buyer faster. Silva/Kev/Foden all missing the start of the season.

No - outside of a select few, I’d imagine no-one knows which way this one’s going to end.

But that’s never stopped our friends in the media printing endless drivel about it before!
Agree with this.. typical drivel example is that Kane holidayed in the Bahamas and then the States……unless I’m mistaken uk residents are not allowed to visit the USA….just shows how much research the media really do

Don't have an account? Register now and see fewer ads!

Back
  AdBlock Detected
Bluemoon relies on advertising to pay our hosting fees. Please support the site by disabling your ad blocking software to help keep the forum sustainable. Thanks.