Harry Maguire

Discussion in 'Transfer forum' started by Super Joey Hart, 21 May 2019.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. Radcliffe 1309

Radcliffe 1309

Spot on !

2. jrb

jrb

Look!

Do we trust La Porte(yes) and either Stones or Otamendi(no) to get through the season without letting goals in?

Maguire alongside La Porte is a great pairing.

And at 26 years old, his best years are yet to come.

Bite the bullet, pay close to what Leicester want, and sign Maguire.

He’s value isn’t going to go down.

We might even with the CL, so that money will be recouped.

The Riot Club likes this.
  3. David 'El Mago' Silva

David 'El Mago' Silva

Laporte deserves a better partner than Maguire and if we start him in the Champions League we ain't winning it.

karen7 likes this.
  4. citizenyank76

citizenyank76

if McGuire is worth 80 million then I don't want to hear a quote for Sane's transfer that isn't less than 130 million.

razman and malg like this.
  5. blueparrot

blueparrot

Why liverpool won it with Matip and Maguire is better than Matip.

Topbins and razman like this.
  6. Topbins

Topbins

Team supported:
    CITY
    It won't be Laporte and one other. Too many games.All of the centre backs will play.

7. better dead than red

better dead than red

I'm not disagreeing he shouldn't have left. I said as much. I am just disagreeing that he didn't give a "flying fuck " Certainly he came here for the money. However, when he stepped on the pitch he left everything he had out there. A lot of mercenary players aren't like that.

All that being said, I suppose most players are "mercenaries" really. There are those like Foden, Noble, etc. that are local lads and grown up loving the team they play for and would play to the of their careers if given the chance. There's also players like Vinnie and Pablo they grow to love the club and adopt the city. But buy and large most players are at a club to play for money and to win medals and trophies. Some may wish to play a certain style or for a manger but when that changes they may well move on.

I don't feel we disagree on Carlos shouldn't have left. Maybe I misread your statement and inferred you meant he didn't try when he played when you said he didn't give a "flying fuck." In any case, have a good weekend.

8. Topbins

Topbins

Team supported:
    CITY
    Crikey!
    I wish I'd thought of that. Great point. He would arguably get into the cb position of the five teams below us.

9. ctid1894

ctid1894

There’s a contrast in styles between the Premier League and Champions League. Most (not all) strikers in England are big, physical and play with their back to goal trying to hold the ball up and get on the end of crosses. Most (not all) strikers in the Champions League are small, quick and play on the shoulders of defenders to get in behind trying to exploit big, slow and clumsy defenders (e.g. Maguire).

Maguire might help us in the Premier League but won’t in the Champions League, if anything his size and lack of agility will cause us more problems than it will fix. I would be very surprised if we did sign him but if we do I think it’ll be mainly for the domestic games to give the likes of Laporte a rest before big Champions League games.

David 'El Mago' Silva likes this.
  10. 7evens

7evens

... What?

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.