Hart No1

alera said:
No one is going after Ireland. No one is slagging him off. Funny that ?

You know why ? He hasnt gone to the press. He hasnt destabalised the squad and club - not as far as the fans are aware anyway. Not heard a bad word said about him. Most city fans want him to stay gutted hes leaving.

Its down to attitude and respect for the fans at the end of the day. Players mouthing off in the press, demanding a move as they are not guranteed to start. Or the dont like the manager. Or the weather and climate (in Robinhos case)

Seems like a few people on here are out of touch with what the grass roots actually think IMO. As for names on shirts. When they got those shirts they didnt know the players were going to behave this way did they ?

How many of them signed their own death warrant with Cook and Khaldoon after their protests over Hughes sacking?

Exactly and quite rightly so. Its not a democracy at the end of the day thats not how football clubs work. The players are soldiers they do as they are told. The tail doesnt wag the dog.

Well i can tell you m8 you deffo speak for me,and alot of others that think the way we do

Tough call as to who should be number 1. Whoever is on the bench should keep their head down and back the other. Football can soon turn around quickly and the player not in ownership of the jersey could soon find himself No.1.

cwein91 said:
Come off it you lot. Why can't we part with Shay on good terms?

Fact: Shay Given is large part of the reason we finished 5th last season. I hope everyone doesn't forgot the countless point blank saves he made ALL of last season and how he kept us in, and won us so many games.

Fact: Joe Hart is also a great keeper.

Fact: We cannot go wrong this season at the goalkeeper position.

So stop moaning about how Shay wants to leave and lets start looking forward to the days when Joe Hart is considered top 3 goalies in the world. Shay is 34 and is on the downside of his career. Look at it from his perspective. He is not going to get many more opportunities to play and make money so he needs to get as much football in now as he can! So get behind your club and thank Shay for his tremendous time here at city (I cant think of a better keeper for us in the past 10 years!). So bugger off everyone who is bad-mouthing him. He has a family to support and needs to be playing. Unfortunately he is on the same team as the best goalie in England.

So farewell Shay, best of luck to you...

FACT: CITY ARE GOING TO HAVE A WORLD CLASS GOALIE THIS SEASON EITHER WAY SO STOP BITCHING AND MOANING YOU SELF-RIGHTEOUS FUCKS!

CTID

FACT I canm't remember all these great match winning saves from shay.
I can remember himletting 3 in against high scoring burnley and bolton , and 4 in against the scum.in fact he did seemto let onof fletchers goals in.

Granted he saved a couple of pens and was good when he first come but we let in more goals then any other teamin top seven yet had the most expensive central defensive partner ship, and the 2nd best left back in england playing . LOL !

alera said:

You know why ? He hasnt gone to the press. He hasnt destabalised the squad and club - not as far as the fans are aware anyway. Not heard a bad word said about him. Most city fans want him to stay gutted hes leaving.

Its down to attitude and respect for the fans at the end of the day. Players mouthing off in the press, demanding a move as they are not guranteed to start. Or the dont like the manager. Or the weather and climate (in Robinhos case)

Seems like a few people on here are out of touch with what the grass roots actually think IMO. As for names on shirts. When they got those shirts they didnt know the players were going to behave this way did they ?

How many of them signed their own death warrant with Cook and Khaldoon after their protests over Hughes sacking?

Exactly and quite rightly so. Its not a democracy at the end of the day thats not how football clubs work. The players are soldiers they do as they are told. The tail doesnt wag the dog.

Ireland is getting a fookin pasting by some posters on this site because he is holding up the Milner deal because he wants a pay off.

I reckon nothing is set in stone. there are 17 days left till the window shuts. Joe has not yet played for Mancini, he's kind of auditioning for the role. Shay's reaction will be key. I have a real hope that, despite his comments, he just keeps his head down, keeps working and fighting, with the intention of shifting Joe. You can only have one number one at a time but over the course of the season, with two keepers at a similar level, the balance can shift. Shay is a very strong character and I think he will believe he can make Mancini change his mind.

So my theory is that whilst Mancini thinks that Shay will not go down without a fight, he might also think that Joe, if he's not playing, will want out, and pronto. If Mancini plays Shay now, there is a chance that Joe will decide he's finished with City, full stop. So Mancini needs to see how Joe responds on the pitch, he needs to see right now, in order to decide whether or not to persevere with him or not.

If he fails to make the most of the next two weeks, AND Shay reacts badly... I think a call will go in to Liverpool. Reina is a perfect keeper for a Mancini team. If needs be, get him in, send Joe out on loan, sell Shay. But that's the worse case scenario. I think the chances are that Joe does well, and I hope Shay reacts well and keeps fighting, at least until January.

Lancet Fluke said:
Andouble said:
are we comfortable with Taylor as the #2 or do we have to go get another one?

Personally, Arsenal is a Shay Given away from winning the title. I'd sell him to them for nothing short of a trade for Cesc. In other words, I'd never let him go to Arsenal.

You know what, I'd tell him he's staying. If this is true (and judging by his comments in Ireland this week, it could well be) the club should tell him to stick any transfer request up his arse. I'm not at all comfortable with Taylor as number 2 and there's no need to be because we have two decent keepers who could both get a reasonable amount of games over the course of the season.

This. He's under contract, so be a good pro and play for your place.

alera said:

Funnily enough I've been texting mates all day . Ireland`s a ****, shit season last year , told his not good enough but want £ 2 MILL to leave cheeky bastard !<br /><br />-- Sat Aug 14, 2010 1:33 am --<br /><br />
alera said:

Funnily enough I've been texting mates all day . Ireland`s a ****, shit season last year , told his not good enough but want £ 2 MILL to leave cheeky bastard !

1.618034 said:
Lancet Fluke said:
You know what, I'd tell him he's staying. If this is true (and judging by his comments in Ireland this week, it could well be) the club should tell him to stick any transfer request up his arse. I'm not at all comfortable with Taylor as number 2 and there's no need to be because we have two decent keepers who could both get a reasonable amount of games over the course of the season.

This. He's under contract, so be a good pro and play for your place.

Hopefully

I just know that Bellers and Shay have been two of our top performers and have been much appreciated by the majority in the crowd at COMS. For this reason many will be sad to see them go if indeed they do go and have expressed that on here. This does not tally with what I am reading on here from some who claim to have a better knowledge of grass roots opinion and even the players real motives. Maybe they will go and yes Bellers looks almost certain to go. That doesn't mean we need to paint them as the panto villains (although Bellers for sure has been no angel but what else would we expect?!)
Nothing wrong with wishing them the best and saying fare well imo.

salfordblue-tony2 said:
cwein91 said:
Come off it you lot. Why can't we part with Shay on good terms?

Fact: Shay Given is large part of the reason we finished 5th last season. I hope everyone doesn't forgot the countless point blank saves he made ALL of last season and how he kept us in, and won us so many games.

Fact: Joe Hart is also a great keeper.

Fact: We cannot go wrong this season at the goalkeeper position.

So stop moaning about how Shay wants to leave and lets start looking forward to the days when Joe Hart is considered top 3 goalies in the world. Shay is 34 and is on the downside of his career. Look at it from his perspective. He is not going to get many more opportunities to play and make money so he needs to get as much football in now as he can! So get behind your club and thank Shay for his tremendous time here at city (I cant think of a better keeper for us in the past 10 years!). So bugger off everyone who is bad-mouthing him. He has a family to support and needs to be playing. Unfortunately he is on the same team as the best goalie in England.

So farewell Shay, best of luck to you...

FACT: CITY ARE GOING TO HAVE A WORLD CLASS GOALIE THIS SEASON EITHER WAY SO STOP BITCHING AND MOANING YOU SELF-RIGHTEOUS FUCKS!

CTID

FACT I canm't remember all these great match winning saves from shay.
I can remember himletting 3 in against high scoring burnley and bolton , and 4 in against the scum.in fact he did seemto let onof fletchers goals in.

Granted he saved a couple of pens and was good when he first come but we let in more goals then any other teamin top seven yet had the most expensive central defensive partner ship, and the 2nd best left back in england playing . LOL !

If you think wayne bridge is the 2nd best left back in England I think I can speak on behalf of all of bluemooners, you need to find another sport to follow mate because you are quite clearly delusional and quite frankly I dont want to have anything to do with you. As for the most expensive centre back pairing, lescott didnt find his form until the end of the season, toure is on the wrong side of 30 and has clearly lost some of his magic from arsenal and Kompany was inconsistent. Given was a constant positive all season (minus some errors every now and again which every top footballer is guilty of). People we must understand that for Given, its not about fighting for his place anymore. I'm sure if he were younger and had many years left in him he would be happy to duke the no. 1 job with Hart...but hes not. He needs to be playing as much football as possible before his body forces him to retire. He has proved enough over the course of his international and club career.

So everyone needs to stop taking it so personally that he wants to leave. HE IS OLD. He is past the point in his career where he is battling others for the job. He is still good enough where he shouldn't have to fight to play, HE HAS EARNED THAT RIGHT OVER THE COURSE OF HIS CAREER. Shay Given is a class goalie who will thrive on any other team...it just so happens that the team he is on now has the best young goalie in England.

CTID

Don't have an account? Register now and see fewer ads!

Back
  AdBlock Detected
Bluemoon relies on advertising to pay our hosting fees. Please support the site by disabling your ad blocking software to help keep the forum sustainable. Thanks.