Hart No1

I was delighted when I seen Hart in the starting line-up absolutely thrilled to have him back as our No.1 and he will be there for years to come! Welcome back Joe.

I was really happy to hear mancini after the game failing to commit the number one shirt to either keeper.Anybody who has seen the game will know that his performance today almost guarantees him a spot next week but the failure of Bobby`s stamp of approval means he will be kept on his toes and not get big headed about todays heroics,yet also provides Given with a glimmer of hope of still being in with a shout.

Clever management I think.

i didnt think given was like this, i thought he would fight for his place like everyone else has to, oh well see you later then shay if your going to be a ****

Joe Hart has the potential to become the best Keeper this club's had since Bert Trautmann.

Awesome today. Simply awesome.

That performance has put down a marker for every striker in the PL for years to come. You could see the Spurs players losing confidence in their strikes as the game wore on. He's going to make a few people think twice before they strike and that's a priceless quality.

Welcome the the 1st name on the team-sheet for City and England for the next dozen years.

I'd love to hear what Shay's got to say...

oakiecokie said:
ChicagoBlue said:
Given will play midweek!!

Yes I tend to agree with your sentiments.This hopefully should make Given feel "wanted" and keep Joe for the PL,as long as the tactics continue to work in both goalies favour.

But unless you are going to make wholesale changes to the back four as well this is a very dangerous tactic that could cost both keepers. Defenders get used to a keepers style of play, knowing when he will be coming for balls into the six yard box, when they are likely to come for a ball or even how soon they are likely to release it, either by throwing or kicking long short or wide. Start putting different personnel behind the back four week in week out and they will always make mistakes as they will not be sure of what to expect.

I know he is unpopular but Terry as an example ALWAYS expects to be flattened by his keeper coming for any ball in the 6 yard box, would that be the case if he had Shay behind him ?

I think joes taken a massive step this week a full 90 mins confident display for england , and a clean sheet and brilliant display for city, both under loads of pressure and media spotlight. After today the pressure goes on to shay if he plays in europa with joe watching on.

Hart was absolutely outstanding today, Given is a top keeper but Hart is well worthy of the no1 spot.

Don't have an account? Register now and see fewer ads!

Back
  AdBlock Detected
Bluemoon relies on advertising to pay our hosting fees. Please support the site by disabling your ad blocking software to help keep the forum sustainable. Thanks.