Hart

Mancio said:
SilvaisSkyBlue said:
WhitbyBlue said:
Bang on. Sometimes you've got to admit that he was beaten by abit of class. The free kick was unstoppable. The wall was perfect, Joe's positioning was perfect. Nothing else he could've done.

Really don't know why Joe is untouchable, he makes mistakes and it is his job to learn from them.

Last season his mistakes cost City in the CL, he pushed the ball right back into play instead of around the post, he learnt from it and stopped doing it.

Certain games towards the end of last season and in the 2 games so far he has not made any significant saves, I am not saying he has suddenly become a bad keeper, but he has regressed a little and his decision making is not at the top of his game.

Hart's place in the team should not be taken for granted, he is by far the best English Goalie in the Premier league but lets be honest he has absolutely no competition.

If City are to retain the title and challenge for the CL, Hart's position is the one which has to be the absolute certainty in the team and at the moment it is not, he must step up and make those 'crucial saves' which make the difference between City being Champions again and CL contenders or just 'challengers'.

IMO I think Hart is the right choice for City and can see him being 1st choice for at least the next 10 years, but he must accept his errors and learn from them.

I'd be more than happy if he was starting to make a save now and then

ATM its a bit like playing without goalkeeper , if the team defend perfect there aren't saves to be made , if the team concede two or 3 shots thats are goals.

Clueless,That is all

Goodnight

Mancio said:
SilvaisSkyBlue said:
WhitbyBlue said:
Bang on. Sometimes you've got to admit that he was beaten by abit of class. The free kick was unstoppable. The wall was perfect, Joe's positioning was perfect. Nothing else he could've done.

Really don't know why Joe is untouchable, he makes mistakes and it is his job to learn from them.

Last season his mistakes cost City in the CL, he pushed the ball right back into play instead of around the post, he learnt from it and stopped doing it.

Certain games towards the end of last season and in the 2 games so far he has not made any significant saves, I am not saying he has suddenly become a bad keeper, but he has regressed a little and his decision making is not at the top of his game.

Hart's place in the team should not be taken for granted, he is by far the best English Goalie in the Premier league but lets be honest he has absolutely no competition.

If City are to retain the title and challenge for the CL, Hart's position is the one which has to be the absolute certainty in the team and at the moment it is not, he must step up and make those 'crucial saves' which make the difference between City being Champions again and CL contenders or just 'challengers'.

IMO I think Hart is the right choice for City and can see him being 1st choice for at least the next 10 years, but he must accept his errors and learn from them.

I'd be more than happy if he was starting to make a save now and then

ATM its a bit like playing without goalkeeper , if the team defend perfect there aren't saves to be made , if the team concede two or 3 shots thats are goals.

So Hart positions himself correctly, positions the wall correctly but fails to save a shot he physically cannot reach and he's at fault thats a bit like saying Dzeko letting a pass bounce off him 15 feet is at fault. Get real FFS

The wall wasn't set up correctly. The camera from behind the goal clearly shows this, a chance for Suarez to curl it in the near post and he took it, with the wall a yard to the let this is not an option. At the end of the day an opportunist strike from Suarez and Joe won't be happy with it.
Look at his reaction when it went in, he knows it should not have happened.

ChippyPerthBlue said:
The wall wasn't set up correctly. The camera from behind the goal clearly shows this, a chance for Suarez to curl it in the near post and he took it, with the wall a yard to the let this is not an option. At the end of the day an opportunist strike from Suarez and Joe won't be happy with it.

The camera behind the goal shows the wall was set up correctly. His reaction is because he is a goalkeeper they hate conceding goals whether he is at fault or not.

SilvaisSkyBlue said:
WhitbyBlue said:
robbie brewer said:
The wall was set up correctly Rodwell was positioned so he was completely outside the line of the post. As a former keeper that's how i would have set it up that's how the pundits say it should be set up. Sometimes you have to accept that he was beaten by an excellent free-kick. If people think Hart was at fault they clearly know fuck all about goalkeeping.

You can't start making crucial saves if there aren't any there to make or the finishes are too good. It's not like a midfielder making crucial tackles or crucial passes which are all in his own hands; you're asking strikers from the other teams to start putting more shots in at our goal and to either stop scoring with such good finishes so that he can pull off a save or put the ones that are straight at him further away from him so he can pull off a save. Completely unrealistic.

A goalkeeper can only perform to how well his team in front of him are allowing the oppostion to perform.

We've conceded four goals so far this season and there was no way he was saving any of them, such was their quality. You've got to ask why the opposition are getting these chances before ever looking at Joe.

It's like your München example. Look at how often we gave the ball away up front or how easily Gareth Barry was taken the piss out of by their midfield or how poorly Kolo Toure played, or the shit marking, or the lack or urgency to second balls...I'd look at those things, and Mancini's team selections and tactics (got it wrong that night!), before I look at Joe.

Yawn ...

jma said:
This is the sort of fan, attracted to this club by success and because they are fans of certain individuals, that many on this board are delighted that we now attract.

OK, I know he isn't being completely serious and is just upset that people make similar comments about his poster boy, but make no mistake, people like this have no feeling for the club. Yes, the club has to cynically exploit their character flaws and make them believe they are City fans in order to get some money out of them. But it isn't something to be proud of imo.

This thread is motivated by obsession with big names and, in particular, certain big names. That's not a City fan, in my book.

The ball went around the wall into the unprotected side of the goal, ergo facto it wasn't set up right. The ball didn't go up and over the wall, it went around the wall. It would have been a miracle save if he had managed it, and he wasn't that far away actually ....

I don't think we should be criticising the goalkeeper for not always making match-winning saves. Sometimes it just isn't possible. First goal no chance, second goal very small chance with where the wall was. Needs to take responsibility for the wall though.

robbie brewer said:
ChippyPerthBlue said:

The camera behind the goal shows the wall was set up correctly. His reaction is because he is a goalkeeper they hate conceding goals whether he is at fault or not.

This thread was created merely to deflect attention away from the Balotelli thread and his performance.<br /><br />-- Aug 27th, '12, 02:13 --<br /><br />
halfcenturyup said:
The ball went around the wall into the unprotected side of the goal, ergo facto it wasn't set up right. The ball didn't go up and over the wall, it went around the wall. It would have been a miracle save if he had managed it, and he wasn't that far away actually ....

I don't think we should be criticising the goalkeeper for not always making match-winning saves. Sometimes it just isn't possible. First goal no chance, second goal very small chance with where the wall was. Needs to take responsibility for the wall though.

robbie brewer said:
ChippyPerthBlue said:

Joe had the second man in the wall (Aleks) in line with the post, and Rodwell was lined up next to him outside the post.

Hart set the wall up perfectly, you just can't account for a strike like Suarez's

From the camera behind the goal it looks like the wall should be further over, in my opinion.

The Suarez shot does not swerve that much, not like some of the free kicks we see taken, a good strike nontheless but I bet Joe is a little disappointed

ChippyPerthBlue said:
From the camera behind the goal it looks like the wall should be further over, in my opinion.

The Suarez shot does not swerve that much, not like some of the free kicks we see taken, a good strike nontheless but I bet Joe is a little disappointed
Kolarov is in line with the post, hence the ball swerved around Rodwell and then back on target.

That's a lot of swerve in my opinion.

Don't have an account? Register now and see fewer ads!

Back
  AdBlock Detected
Bluemoon relies on advertising to pay our hosting fees. Please support the site by disabling your ad blocking software to help keep the forum sustainable. Thanks.