Hart

This left side stuff is a load of bollocks.

Opponents aren't choosing to exploit a weakness. Southampton just happened to be on the left side of our penalty area when a ball luckily broke to a right footed player, who had no other option other than to side foot it into the far corner.

As for the goal yesterday, the wall was fine. The strike was brilliant.

Opponents are trying to exploit the left side of his net.....never heard anything so ridiculous in my life.

Stupid thread.
Lets face it, this is a stupid thread.
England No.1 - and currently untouchable, along with being in top 5 in world.
Most clean sheets.
And his mentality and determination to do better is second to none.
If anything, its to do with zonal marking, and our complacency of being 'the best team in the league'

Played very well against Arsenal in the league cup, but obviously made that howler against Chelsea.

Do you think he'll start many games in the league this year?

Cant see it to be honest, would be happy with him starting League and FA Cup games though, and have Harty for the League and Europe.

Hes obviously not as good as Hart, but as no. 2s go, i think we probably have one of the best in the world being realistic. Only United in England strike me as having equally as good backup in the goalkeeping department at the moment. Of last seasons top 8:

United - David De Gea, Anders Lindergard. Will probably get stick for it but De Gea is quality and will only get better, and Lindergard has seemed solid whenever ive seen him play.
Liverpool - Pepe Reina, Brad Jones, Alex Doni. Reina has been abit dodgy since Rafa left, whilst the other 2 arent that great
Chelsea - Peter Cech, Ross Turnbull, Hilario. Same as Liverpool. Cech can be decent, the other 2 are clowns.
Newcastle - Tim Krul, Steve Harper. Harpers not bad, but not as good as Pantilimon.
Spurs - Brad Friedel, Carlo Cudicini, Heurelio Gomes. Gomes is a world beater on his day, a clown on others. Brad is decent but will soon be 41, and Cudicini is no spring chicken either. They MAY get Huge Lloris though which will mean Friedel is no.2. Good move in my opinion.
Everton - Tim Howard, Jan Mucha. Howard is a beast usually (esepcially against us) Mucha doesnt play much and isnt that great.
Arsenal - Wojciech Szczęsny, Łukasz Fabiański, Vito Mannone. Closest the us and United in terms of quality first choice and backups, but none are at Harts level at the moment in my opinion

Thats just for the 7 teams below us last season. Pantilimon might not be awesome, awesome. But hes pretty damn good at him job. Finding another world class keeper to sit on the bench just to pressure Hart isnt going to happen. The best want to be playing every week.

And as a bonus we got rid of Stuart Taylor this summer too!! :)

In_Good_Kompany said:
Played very well against Arsenal in the league cup, but obviously made that howler against Chelsea.

Do you think he'll start many games in the league this year?

Cant see it to be honest, would be happy with him starting League and FA Cup games though, and have Harty for the League and Europe.

Hes obviously not as good as Hart, but as no. 2s go, i think we probably have one of the best in the world being realistic. Only United in England strike me as having equally as good backup in the goalkeeping department at the moment. Of last seasons top 8:

United - David De Gea, Anders Lindergard. Will probably get stick for it but De Gea is quality and will only get better, and Lindergard has seemed solid whenever ive seen him play.
Liverpool - Pepe Reina, Brad Jones, Alex Doni. Reina has been abit dodgy since Rafa left, whilst the other 2 arent that great
Chelsea - Peter Cech, Ross Turnbull, Hilario. Same as Liverpool. Cech can be decent, the other 2 are clowns.
Newcastle - Tim Krul, Steve Harper. Harpers not bad, but not as good as Pantilimon.
Spurs - Brad Friedel, Carlo Cudicini, Heurelio Gomes. Gomes is a world beater on his day, a clown on others. Brad is decent but will soon be 41, and Cudicini is no spring chicken either. They MAY get Huge Lloris though which will mean Friedel is no.2. Good move in my opinion.
Everton - Tim Howard, Jan Mucha. Howard is a beast usually (esepcially against us) Mucha doesnt play much and isnt that great.
Arsenal - Wojciech Szczęsny, Łukasz Fabiański, Vito Mannone. Closest the us and United in terms of quality first choice and backups, but none are at Harts level at the moment in my opinion

Thats just for the 7 teams below us last season. Pantilimon might not be awesome, awesome. But hes pretty damn good at him job. Finding another world class keeper to sit on the bench just to pressure Hart isnt going to happen. The best want to be playing every week.

And as a bonus we got rid of Stuart Taylor this summer too!! :)

Would agree with that, think Pantilmon is the best back up by miles compared to the other teams,
could be World Class elsewhere. Think his mistake in Charity Shield was down to Big Match Practice. But more important than the howler, as I was more pleased with how pissed off he was for making it. His save against Arsenal in the opening minutes of the Carling Cup game last year was enough to convince me. Lindegaard will push DeGea harder than Pantilmon will push Hart though.

Might be having a bit of a dip in form in terms of his quality of performances in the past 2 years, but he's still the best GK in the league. Even though it's not 100% his fault why we've conceded so many in our past two games there's no doubt he'll be kicking himself and be back to his best soon.

Here's a thought - it might be completely mental, and perhaps illthought out/not thought out at all - if the wall had been 11 or 12 yards back, it would have been even harder for Suarez to score. He couldn't have put adequate bend on the ball to get it in at Harts left post, and, Hart would have had a better view of the ball coming towards his half/3 quarters of the goal if it had been aimed at the other side - whether Suarez or Gerard had struck it from there, I'm sure Hart would have saved it pretty comfortably.

He's conceded 4 goals and had no chance of saving any of them, imho. One header powered straight over him from point blank range and 3 tight agianst the left post.

yatesy94 said:
Might be having a bit of a dip in form in terms of his quality of performances in the past 2 years, but he's still the best GK in the league. Even though it's not 100% his fault why we've conceded so many in our past two games there's no doubt he'll be kicking himself and be back to his best soon.

When he kicks himself, does he go straight out of play?

;)

the blue panther said:
Here's a thought - it might be completely mental, and perhaps illthought out/not thought out at all - if the wall had been 11 or 12 yards back, it would have been even harder for Suarez to score. He couldn't have put adequate bend on the ball to get it in at Harts left post, and, Hart would have had a better view of the ball coming towards his half/3 quarters of the goal if it had been aimed at the other side - whether Suarez or Gerard had struck it from there, I'm sure Hart would have saved it pretty comfortably.

He's conceded 4 goals and had no chance of saving any of them, imho. One header powered straight over him from point blank range and 3 tight agianst the left post.

Bearing in mind the potential takers were both right footed, he should have over compensated by placing the wall even further past the left hand post!

there should not be any chance of suarez scoring by going round the wall, if it goes over and dips back under the bar fair enough but not round it!

But saying all that I do feel rather dirty taking part on this thread because I have a man crush on Big Joe and along with Yaya, Vincent and Sergio wouldnt trade them for anybody else in their positions in world football!

BLUEMOONISRISING said:
Hart was at fault with the wall for the 2nd goal!

as a fellow goalkeeper albeit a much lesser level I recognise that.

But...... I wouldnt swap him for any other goalie in the league!

So Gary Neville and Shearer who played at the highest level and are adamant that Joe got his wall spot on are wrong then?

It's a good job we have bluemoon so a few blokes that play football down the park can tell one of the world's best goalkeepers what he's doing wrong.

Don't forget to write to Gary Neville etc and point out the error of their ways ;)

Don't have an account? Register now and see fewer ads!

Back
  AdBlock Detected
Bluemoon relies on advertising to pay our hosting fees. Please support the site by disabling your ad blocking software to help keep the forum sustainable. Thanks.