Has anybody actually, really ever seen a ghost?

ban-mcfc said:
mackenzie said:
It makes me mad when people just dismiss something out of hand.
I know that the world is superior to any of us and to think otherwise is just smug.

i dismiss things that are impossible.
But to claim that things are impossible, simply out of possible ignorance, is sad don't you think?
The world is much older than mankind and I do believe that it has many secrets.

mackenzie said:
ban-mcfc said:
mackenzie said:
I know that the world is superior to any of us and to think otherwise is just smug.

But to claim that things are impossible, simply out of possible ignorance, is sad don't you think?

well to believe in something that is scientifically impossible and goes against everything that we have learnt about the universe is foolish IMO.

i do believe the world has many many secrets but ghosts are not one of them. i'm sure you will join me in knowing the fact this planet will be destroyed at some point? Where will all these spirits knock about then? the vacuum of space?

also like a few have mentioned, when have you seen/heard people claiming to have seen ghosts of dinosaurs? they haven't because we aren't in contact with dinosaurs all the time so they aren't on our minds, whereas people are so that's why our minds project the image of people in front of us some times whilst nothing being there, you do know 90+% of ghost sightings happen whilst people are in bed half asleep?

it's all part of our sub-consciousness.

Sparkys-Army said:
The Scarlet Pimpernel said:
Tuearts right boot said:
Not on Derek Acoras show you haven't,only desperate celebs on there.

Never heard of him?

-- Mon Oct 31, 2011 10:29 pm --

Sparkys-Army said:
My dad gets messages from spirits... I believe him as it's part of his job and i've seen enough programmes to show some worth to the suggestions. A programme called Ghost Hunters was class, these 3 guys going around the world to different locations and in ways has shown good quality evidence.

Sorry but its all a load of bollocks for me, what about the ants? Dont they deserve ghosts too?

It's done through energy, thats how we contact some spirits, they use energy to get themselves heard or signs that they are there. I wouldn't thought ants could contact us by talking and have enough energy to show their presence.

I could be talking bollocks but i guess somethings people believe from experience.

Yes I think you could be talking bollocks but I believe that you believe it, so good for you. What gets my goat though is some believers get annoyed when other people dismiss their beliefs but seem to fail to take into account that the very dismissal is that persons belief that they are expressing. When people talk about respecting peoples belief they mean respect the person who believes in some ancient/cultural phenomenon but not the person who's belief goes against it.<br /><br />-- Fri Nov 04, 2011 4:03 pm --<br /><br />
mackenzie said:
ban-mcfc said:
mackenzie said:

Surely your act of dismissing his/her belief that its impossible is just as sad?? The world is superior to us but this means nothing in relation to your beliefs over anyone else's beliefs....

In my grandads final few years he used to tell us in a very calm and matter of fact way about the people who he used to see at night. He never even described them as 'ghosts'... just used to talk about there being varying numbers of adults and children that would visit him, all in old fashioned clothing.
We just put it down to possible side effects of medication or mild senility, although his sheltered accomodation was built on the site of an old victorian cemetry, so who knows??

I once thought i saw Steve Mcmanaman in the penalty area for city but i guess i must have been seeing things :p

I think some people are tuned in to see ghosts and communicate with the dead etc, while others aren't.

I'm not tuned in, and the reason may be because I don't want to be tuned in.

Mada-MCFC-adaM said:
I think some people are tuned in to see ghosts and communicate with the dead etc, while others aren't.

I'm not tuned in, and the reason may be because I don't want to be tuned in.

sorry mate but no-ones "tuned in", it depends on how logical people are. for instance i've seen a grey figure at the bottom of my stairs one night whilst going for a piss but i knew that i felt a bit dizzy and dazed as i was getting out of bed so i was just imagining it in my sleepy state, other people would have just though "i've seen a dead person".

it happens all the time when i'm the last person up in my house, i'll hear a noise coming from the kitchen but when i really think about what it could be i normally come up with a explanation but a lot will just put it down to being a ghost without trying to think about it. the afterlife is a fairy tale scenario idiots have thought of to combat their fear of death.

ban-mcfc said:
well to believe in something that is scientifically impossible and goes against everything that we have learnt about the universe is foolish IMO.

i do believe the world has many many secrets but ghosts are not one of them. i'm sure you will join me in knowing the fact this planet will be destroyed at some point? Where will all these spirits knock about then? the vacuum of space?

also like a few have mentioned, when have you seen/heard people claiming to have seen ghosts of dinosaurs? they haven't because we aren't in contact with dinosaurs all the time so they aren't on our minds, whereas people are so that's why our minds project the image of people in front of us some times whilst nothing being there, you do know 90+% of ghost sightings happen whilst people are in bed half asleep?

How do you know that it is scientifically impossible. Have we actually seen a credited experiment? Rocket launches to the moon were scientifically impossible hundreds of years ago. Who knows what we may find out over time. That's the beauty of science we know we can learn more.

PJMCC1UK said:
ban-mcfc said:

How do you know that it is scientifically impossible. Have we actually seen a credited experiment? Rocket launches to the moon were scientifically impossible hundreds of years ago. Who knows what we may find out over time. That's the beauty of science we know we can learn more.

like i said it's scientific fact that the world will one day end, where will these "spirits" go then? mars? it's bollocks.

and there have been experiments actually.

ban-mcfc said:
PJMCC1UK said:
ban-mcfc said:

like i said it's scientific fact that the world will one day end, where will these "spirits" go then? mars? it's bollocks.

and there have been experiments actually.

And the experiments are?
Are they conclusive proof? What if we came up with new technologies that were better at detecting the paranormal? Atoms were always there but it's only recently that we have known about them.

As for where they go. They'll either go the way most of earths life will go and die out. Or they may tag onto the many spaceships that will be built to find new homes in other parts of the galaxies to settle a far advanced mankind.
But ghosts are believed to come through because of energy. So if the earth stops providing the right conditions then perhaps they'll die out all over again.
Then there's the possibilities of other dimensions. These dimensions might not die out. these dimensions might not be like anything we know.
Perhaps it's only human ghosts who can cross these dimensions. Dinosaurs lack the need to.

Don't have an account? Register now and see fewer ads!

Back
  AdBlock Detected
Bluemoon relies on advertising to pay our hosting fees. Please support the site by disabling your ad blocking software to help keep the forum sustainable. Thanks.