Has City explained the logic of buying other football clubs?

Re: Has City explained the logic of buying other football cl

At a guess just a way of advertising city across the globe.

sir peace frog said:
with all these clubs under the CFG if they bring through young talent say in australia would these young players be seen as homegrown,ie Manchester city,i know that the very talented younger players would most probably come to the academy,but what about the late developers
No, they wouldn't.

We now have 4 clubs that are all part of the family. That's enough for a tournament. How about this summer in Abu Dhabi with a £100m prize? Fuck you FFP. Probably lose it though, knowing us.

chicagoblues said:
Just curious if south America is the next on the list .That would be awesome .

No rumours about south America I´m afraid.. Point is, I don´t think we´ll have a controlling stake in more than one club in any confederation but we can have small stakes (like in Yokohama) in any number of clubs.
New rumours is about south Africa, Shanghai and a 2nd club in Europe (Portugal).

moomba said:
aguero93:20 said:
3. <a class="postlink" href="http://www.mcfc.co.uk/The-Club/Vacancies" onclick="window.open(this.href);return false;">http://www.mcfc.co.uk/The-Club/Vacancies</a>

Seems a bit like hard work to me. I was thinking more of jobs that require no skill or effort. Just getting paid to take the odd first class flight, stay in a top hotel and watch the odd game of football.
Ask Richard Wright ;)

S04 said:
chicagoblues said:

No rumours about south America I´m afraid.. Point is, I don´t think we´ll have a controlling stake in more than one club in any confederation but we can have small stakes (like in Yokohama) in any number of clubs.
New rumours is about south Africa, Shanghai and a 2nd club in Europe (Portugal).

South America doesn't play in the same organisation as NY though they could possibly meet in a convoluted series of events. Either way, I don't see this as a significant issue in our march forwards

I can only speak to the American impact but it's going to be huge here. NYC FC is getting more attention than all the other MLS teams right now. It was a brilliant maneuver but our brass. It will be even better when they move into whatever new stadium they're going to build.

Damocles said:
S04 said:
chicagoblues said:

South America doesn't play in the same organisation as NY though they could possibly meet in a convoluted series of events. Either way, I don't see this as a significant issue in our march forwards

To be perfectly honest I don´t think we have anything to offer a South American club really, except more money perhaps but in terms of coaching, academies and general know how they are doing fine without us.
But I was under the impression that this rumoured Portuguese club where we might take a minority stake was supposed to (like many Portuguese clubs) have good South American connections.

@CityinChicago, cheers mate, that's really good to hear
@S04 I think we have a partnership with Boavista, the ' other' Oporto club, they have great south american connections and should be in the top flight again soon

S04 said:
Damocles said:
S04 said:

To be perfectly honest I don´t think we have anything to offer a South American club really, except more money perhaps but in terms of coaching, academies and general know how they are doing fine without us.
But I was under the impression that this rumoured Portuguese club where we might take a minority stake was supposed to (like many Portuguese clubs) have good South American connections.

I couldn't disagree more. We can offer a South American club worldwide marketing opportunities as well as both scouting opportunities, coaching opportunities and others. Transfer opportunities, staff opportunities, growth opportunities, etc.

I feel like I'm going mad, I can't be the only person who can see the massive opportunities and benefits here? This is an absolute game changer in football and I get the feeling that everybody is thinking in such small terms. This is our iPod for lack of a better term. It's absolutely genius and will make us more money than we could possibly count. Surely you guys can see the big picture here? The CFG will completely change the football business as it currently stands and every other club will be playing catchup.

Why can't you all see this? It's brilliant. It's the difference between success and domination. We will never ever struggle for revenue ever again because we've built our own platform. This moves us from competing with United, Chelsea and Liverpool in revenue to competing with UEFA and FIFA in commercial deals.

Damocles said:
S04 said:
Damocles said:

I couldn't disagree more. We can offer a South American club worldwide marketing opportunities as well as both scouting opportunities, coaching opportunities and others. Transfer opportunities, staff opportunities, growth opportunities, etc.

I feel like I'm going mad, I can't be the only person who can see the massive opportunities and benefits here? This is an absolute game changer in football and I get the feeling that everybody is thinking in such small terms. This is our iPod for lack of a better term. It's absolutely genius and will make us more money than we could possibly count. Surely you guys can see the big picture here? The CFG will completely change the football business as it currently stands and every other club will be playing catchup.

Why can't you all see this? It's brilliant. It's the difference between success and domination. We will never ever struggle for revenue ever again because we've built our own platform. This moves us from competing with United, Chelsea and Liverpool in revenue to competing with UEFA and FIFA in commercial deals.

Whoa.. Calm down, there´s a reason why there´s no rumours about South America I guess ;-)

Don't have an account? Register now and see fewer ads!

Back
  AdBlock Detected
Bluemoon relies on advertising to pay our hosting fees. Please support the site by disabling your ad blocking software to help keep the forum sustainable. Thanks.