Has the BBC become a Tory tool?

You’re talking about the Overton window but he’s talking about the bbc. You point neither agrees nor disagrees with his.
Wrong in so much as he isn't talking about the Overton window, which is described thus; "... an approach to identifying the ideas that define the spectrum of acceptability of governmental policies".

But recent research actually applies quite specifically to cognitive bias in how people react to media content. There is a section whose expectation and experience of what is fair coverage just continually veers right, on an ongoing basis. It is similair to the Overton window. And the phenomena involved may be one of the reasons for the Overton window, if you believe that theory has much validity. But the work is based on empirical research and tests specified with quite a different focus, and really we oughtn't conflate the two any more than Darwin's Theory of Evolution and Mendel's Rules Of Inheritance.

From my viewpoint, BBC News is right of centre and their drama/comedy output is left of centre.
Comedy and drama is certainly left of centre but I genuinely can’t see what other people have seen regards the news being right of centre.

For example the past 48 hours has been a gleeful wankathon and Boris resigning. It’s been like watching piranhas attacking a thrashing goat in the Amazon.

Comedy and drama is certainly left of centre but I genuinely can’t see what other people have seen regards the news being right of centre.

For example the past 48 hours has been a gleeful wankathon and Boris resigning. It’s been like watching piranhas attacking a thrashing goat in the Amazon.
Mason, Kuenssberg, Robinson. The past three Political correspondents are all Tories.

There’s always a wankathon when the circus reaches the end of its tour, be it Johnson, Brown or Thatcher.

Mason, Kuenssberg, Robinson. The past three Political correspondents are all Tories.

There’s always a wankathon when the circus reaches the end of its tour, be it Johnson, Brown or Thatcher.

Fiona Bruce, Andrew Neill, Jeremy Paxman, all conservative hosts of the BBC's biggest political TV Shows over the last 10 years.

Bloody bunch of pinkos.

As an aside I could punch ITV's Peston's face till I saw bone.

Don't have an account? Register now and see fewer ads!

Back
  AdBlock Detected
Bluemoon relies on advertising to pay our hosting fees. Please support the site by disabling your ad blocking software to help keep the forum sustainable. Thanks.