Has the BBC become a Tory tool?

But it doesn’t colour his questioning or presentation. His most famous grilling of a politician was a Tory. It doesn’t mean Newsnight is right wing.

Didn't it? He grilled a tory once so he can't have ever let the fact he fundamentally supported them ever colour his coverage?

Seems fanciful, especially when his copresenters were similarly aligned.

It is meaningless to try to describe the BBC as if it was one homogenous organisation when it is in fact a collective of very different concerns. The Today programme was hopelessly pro-Brexit. Its one of the reasons I no longer listen to it. Laura Kuenssberg was very close to Dominic Cummings. Question Time has a distinct pro Government/pro Brexit slant.

By contrast Newsnight is distinctly not in the government's pocket, and the news website output is far less government sympathetic than say, Question Time.

As an organisation the BBC is absolutely fantastic. The range and quality of its output in a range of areas - drama, documentaries, scientific, cultural etc - is unrivalled. It is not however perfect, and certain areas fall a long way short of the standards that it sets elsewhere. Its news and current affairs department has its problems, for instance.

And don't get me started on sport.

BBC News is a disgrace.
Shouting at MPs whether Boris should stay on now,
I thought the BBC were meant to be impartial.
Idiots

Has become? Have you just emerged from an alien craft after being abducted in 1446, outside Grimsby, late afternoon, around tea time. Names Reg? Sure does blooming well look like it. They have been since the first **** switched n the power for the first radio broadcast. Their voices gives it away.

Yeah we are talking about BBC news, rather than 'The BBC', which is largely as trendy as ever.

I noticed for the umpteenth time today that I gave up on checking the news on their website within a minute or so. It's dumbed down and emasculated. They have had the both-sides thing inserted so carefully and deeply into the collective via their collective rectum that nothing but bland, non-commital, vague, criminally inoffensive reporting (rather than impartial) sprouts from every orifice.

The most common pattern in use is 'Some will ask the question...." (weakened, vague, inoffensive dilution of the attack) "but allies point out" (concise talking points).

It is meaningless to try to describe the BBC as if it was one homogenous organisation when it is in fact a collective of very different concerns. The Today programme was hopelessly pro-Brexit. Its one of the reasons I no longer listen to it. Laura Kuenssberg was very close to Dominic Cummings. Question Time has a distinct pro Government/pro Brexit slant.

By contrast Newsnight is distinctly not in the government's pocket, and the news website output is far less government sympathetic than say, Question Time.

As an organisation the BBC is absolutely fantastic. The range and quality of its output in a range of areas - drama, documentaries, scientific, cultural etc - is unrivalled. It is not however perfect, and certain areas fall a long way short of the standards that it sets elsewhere. Its news and current affairs department has its problems, for instance.

And don't get me started on sport.
Can't argue with any of that

Don't have an account? Register now and see fewer ads!

Back
  AdBlock Detected
Bluemoon relies on advertising to pay our hosting fees. Please support the site by disabling your ad blocking software to help keep the forum sustainable. Thanks.