Has the BBC become a Tory tool?

Right but it’s Twitter that he’s using to espouse it. If people don’t like his opinions that he gives on there, there’s a very easy solution that they have themselves to deal with that!

There’s plenty of comedians, writers and actors that I really like but don’t agree with their political views. I find it very easy to ignore or not even consume the latter when I choose to.
Don't do any social media platforms apart from here, but after a 8 hour drive to Scotland today and listening about the fallout out of this "celeb" on the news every hour on the radio pisses me right off.
Ex footballer goes political yawn yawn.

There is video from 2018 on the BBC's website about when Lineker supported a second referendum on the EU and called Farage a few choice names.
They specifically said the following:

"Gary is not involved in any news or political output for the BBC, and as such, any expression of his personal political views, does not affect the BBC's impartiality."

So either the rules have changed or the influence of the government has become far more malign.

This is what changed - we now have a Blowjob appointee as DG this guy wasn't

If he was as espousing right wing views this place would be calling for him to be sacked.

To some, he has espoused right wing views at times, all depends what your personal political leanings are. Personally I’d find any calling for his sacking equally dumb, as I find the bbc inconsistency too.

If people want him and other pundits gone because they think they offer no value on the programme (getting back on topic to this thread) then fair enough, I’d agree with that too if I was judging it purely on what I’d like to see, although I do think they provide value to others and ultimately MOTD isn’t really for people like me, the punditry aspect of it at least.

Don't have an account? Register now and see fewer ads!

Back
  AdBlock Detected
Bluemoon relies on advertising to pay our hosting fees. Please support the site by disabling your ad blocking software to help keep the forum sustainable. Thanks.