Has the BBC become a Tory tool?

Linekar, Shearer, Ian Wright were all my heroes growing up and playing as a kid and still love em today.
Sad that they stand up massively to principles and get pelters and those that don’t want to ‘hear those twats tell us what we saw’
Society going down the pan when guys like this are hated.
They are withdrawing their labour and standing together - just like other workers (except they are millionaires obviously).
Nobody 'hates' them, I think the word you may be reaching for is disagree.

“When you’re making comparisons with 1930s Germany I think you’re starting to let yourself down,” says Brendan Clarke-Smith talking about Gary Lineker on Newsnight.

In a seemingly other universe, this is the same Tory MP who compared England’s players taking the knee to the 1938 England team “making the Nazi salute” in Berlin …

I actually did the Natalie Pike YouTube tonight ( stop it!) Before and then at half time. Turned off and watched the Luther film - Andy Serkis fucking brill! Idris as always phoned it in. I digress.
Totally biased with Nedum & Steve Howey. Watched the game with the sound down as always.
Just like garlic bread it’s the future.

Right but it’s Twitter that he’s using to espouse it. If people don’t like his opinions that he gives on there, there’s a very easy solution that they have themselves to deal with that!

There’s plenty of comedians, writers and actors that I really like but don’t agree with their political views. I find it very easy to ignore or not even consume the latter when I choose to.
If he was as espousing right wing views this place would be calling for him to be sacked.

Ah! But Lineker has 8.8 million followers on Twitter.
There is video from 2018 on the BBC's website about when Lineker supported a second referendum on the EU and called Farage a few choice names.
They specifically said the following:

"Gary is not involved in any news or political output for the BBC, and as such, any expression of his personal political views, does not affect the BBC's impartiality."

So either the rules have changed or the influence of the government has become far more malign.

Don't have an account? Register now and see fewer ads!

Back
  AdBlock Detected
Bluemoon relies on advertising to pay our hosting fees. Please support the site by disabling your ad blocking software to help keep the forum sustainable. Thanks.