Has the BBC become a Tory tool?

It might be a format you’re tired of, but the polling and viewership suggests it’s not a tired format.

Good highlights packages, interviews with players and coaches, some OK analysis/deep dives into a MOTM performance, a few stats and some harmless banter.

It’s light entertainment, not primarily aimed at the kind of person who spends all day discussing football on forums.
Or in pubs after the game is finished or read about tactical anaylsis on line rather than a group of ex pros in a studio

Linekar, Shearer, Ian Wright were all my heroes growing up and playing as a kid and still love em today.
Sad that they stand up massively to principles and get pelters and those that don’t want to ‘hear those twats tell us what we saw’
Society going down the pan when guys like this are hated.
It's painful on here mate, if this is a snapshot of society we are fucked...absolute fuckwits...

It does need work but it is a more refreshing approach and allows the viewer to form their opininon rather than listening to an overpaid pundit who had his day in the sun whilst playing.

I cannot see a mass exodus from other formats like the ITV EFL coverage or SKY and BT PL coverage to MotD for 20 mins a week of boring silence taking place. Having commentary and punditry does not stop the viewer forming their own opinion - look back over years on this platform - nobody has ever posted " oh my god all that commentary and punditry has meant I watched MotD and have been unable to form my own opinion" - quite the opposite

I missed the match day commentary, but loved not having to listen to the pundits boring us to never ending death with their post match expert analysis.

as ever you look but you never read then interpret it in a way you want to - Jesus
Are you giving advice to yourself there?

You said you can lump me in with the "watched it tonight and thought it was the best" when I haven't given the impression "it was the best", only that a change in format shows promise.

Now they're making things up what others have said to try and sully the discussion of what people have said they thought of the show tonight.
Yep, it’s boring behaviour frankly and stops people from having a genuine discussion about whether they enjoyed the different format or not, even if it was just a one-off.

I cannot see a mass exodus from other formats like the ITV EFL coverage or SKY and BT PL coverage to MotD for 20 mins a week of boring silence taking place. Having commentary and punditry does not stop the viewer forming their own opinion - look back over years on this platform - nobody has ever posted " oh my god all that commentary and punditry has meant I watched MotD and have been unable to form my own opinion" - quite the opposite
Still needs a revamp and although it will not happen overnight it will eventually become normalised

I've not watched MOTD this season and the reason is that I can't fucking stand Lineker or Shearer or Wright or that ex Dipper/Fulham tosser. Cannot wait to watch it tonight

Thanks Gary for being a woke wanker, you've made my weekend. Oh and thanks to the rest of them for following him.
You sound a right wanker yourself...

Yep, it’s boring behaviour frankly and stops people from having a genuine discussion about whether they enjoyed the different format or not, even if it was just a one-off.
On a thread where the discussion is about MoTD changing it's format, how the idea sounds promising and more enjoyable to some, has had people giving their opinion on what they've seen, their feedback, has once again descended into toxic slanging matches from the usuals who are trying to make the thread into more than what it was intended for.

It's getting tiresome.

Steve Wilson can’t make a 0-0 draw between Bournemouth and Southampton any more exciting than what a 0-0 draw between Bournemouth and Southampton actually is.

Missed the point, an alternative means of entertainment. Maybe they can insert an interesting anecdote or some stats. Or the pundits can give some analysis on a geat individual performance by a defender.

None of that is possible in this format that has less production value than the average youtube video.

Don't have an account? Register now and see fewer ads!

Back
  AdBlock Detected
Bluemoon relies on advertising to pay our hosting fees. Please support the site by disabling your ad blocking software to help keep the forum sustainable. Thanks.