Has the BBC become a Tory tool?

Are you giving advice to yourself there?

You said you can lump me in with the "watched it tonight and thought it was the best" when I haven't given the impression "it was the best", only that a change in format shows promise.

a bit like the Tories claiming Lineker said Nazi - I never said that you actually said that but as I say you make shit up and make out butt hurt - martyrdom suits you even if its assumed martyrdom not bestowed

He had his career pretty much destroyed. Wrote a stage version of father ted which had to be scrapped he claimed because trans right pressure groups lobbied the people investing in it.

He destroyed his own career. If the show was any good then it would have been able to weather a storm.

But maybe the other people involved realised it wasn't worth being associated with Linehan because he didn't actually bring value to the project. He has never written a stage play, he's never written a musical.

Does anyone want to see a Father Ted played by anyone other than Dermot Morgan.

He destroyed his own career. If the show was any good then it would have been able to weather a storm.

But maybe the other people involved realised it wasn't worth being associated with Linehan because he didn't actually bring value to the project. He has never written a stage play, he's never written a musical.

Does anyone want to see a Father Ted played by anyone other than Dermot Morgan.
Now that's a real debate to have. Might open a thread for that.

He hasn't been cancelled, though? Just checked and all his shows are still available to watch? So, you've just proven my point. Or maybe we have different interpretations of cancelled.

Nevermind, we're going round in circles.

I think he's confusing cancelled with criticised.

The anti-BBC mob never learn - Kermode and Mayo popular and left for more money for doing less work on their own podcast - Ken Bruce left to do less work for more money but his salary isn't bandied about - now Lineker free to do the same and then tweet about the BBC and Brexit to his hearts content - like Brexit itself its a hollow "win" - still I am sure they will enjoy the revamped MotD hosted by Rylan with Alan Carr as pundit ( his dad was involved in football as a scout )

Cheer up, the EU, Royal family, immigration and government interference in the bbc have been divisive issues for 40 years!

Someone posted a clip from Yes Minister earlier about the government leaning on the director of the bbc that could have been written today, and it included jokes about the EU being the enemy.
They dont have to lean on the BBC, they have their operatives making the key decisions.

This made me laugh.

I mean her books are still sold widely, her films are available to buy and have their own Wizarding World channel on Sky. She is regularly on podcasts, tweets regularly and has her books/screenplays still being made into films and series.

Some people have criticised her for her views on women/trans women but she's not been cancelled.

In fact very, very few people ever have been cancelled. Tabloids shriek about people being cancelled and those on the right get all riled up about it but in reality almost no one has been cancelled.

Don't have an account? Register now and see fewer ads!

Back
  AdBlock Detected
Bluemoon relies on advertising to pay our hosting fees. Please support the site by disabling your ad blocking software to help keep the forum sustainable. Thanks.