Has the BBC become a Tory tool?

Having broken the Telegraph pay wall, I can report that the Telegraph readers think the BBC is left wing, the Guardian thinks it's right wing and the Mail thinks it's left wing. Bit like referee's, they are never for us whoever we may be.

Johnson asks for a loan.

Mate gives it him.

Mate gets job as chair as BBC

BBC chair appoints himself to the commitee that appoints their head of news. An "independent" commitee of 5 with 3 tory party members (2 friends of Johnson).

Think that kind of answers the question.

Last edited:
Having broken the Telegraph pay wall, I can report that the Telegraph readers think the BBC is left wing, the Guardian thinks it's right wing and the Mail thinks it's left wing. Bit like referee's, they are never for us whoever we may be.
The Mail thought the Völkischer Beobachter was left wing.

Joanna Gosling left the BBC today - she is one of several long serving journo's that were told they had to take part ion the charade of applying for her own job and going through the interview process so she told them to stick it - thats what happens when the Govt looks to re-model the BBC into Pravda

I saw that news item and she was almost crying a glint in her eye near the end as she said goodbye to the viewers sadly that’s a new thing now reapply for your own job back.
They are an arm of the Tory party and the super rich, they don’t even try to hide it anymore

Last edited:
I saw that news item and she was almost crying a glint in her eye near the end as she said goodbye to the viewers sadly that’s a new thing now reapply for your own job back.
They are an arm of the Tory party and the super rich, they don’t even try to hide it anymore

It's an effect of the combining of the News channel and the World channel - itself an effect of the squeezing on BBC budgets.
It left them with too many presenters for the positions, and some were going to have to go.

I don't know where in the list of options the re-apply was, but it was pretty unlikely to go down well.

The damage it will do to the BBC status is a useful benefit for this govt, as it's another thing where the Fail can attack the next govt if they try undoing it and re-funding the BBC.

It's an effect of the combining of the News channel and the World channel - itself an effect of the squeezing on BBC budgets.
It left them with too many presenters for the positions, and some were going to have to go.

I don't know where in the list of options the re-apply was, but it was pretty unlikely to go down well.

The damage it will do to the BBC status is a useful benefit for this govt, as it's another thing where the Fail can attack the next govt if they try undoing it and re-funding the BBC.

when the news output is a shambles fronted by temps and interns and the sports coverage is made up of just ex-sports people of the standard of likes of McCoist etc then all those people who moaned about the cost of the license will have "WON" - a shit service

The beeb is as left as they come, every TV comedy panel show has free rein to attack the government, this wouldn't happen if Labour were in power. And no, I'm not a Tory but I can see the definite bias from the BBC
Most comedians are left wing. Never the less these shows and the comedians have and do taken aim at all parties. However over the last few years the government has been very right wing and very incompetent. The Government and not the other parties are always the main aim for those shows as they are the ones that can provide the most policy to take aim at.

Also I don’t think comedy works as well when it’s right wing but maybe that’s my bias. Just think it’s better to take the aim with comedy at things like and I appreciate I am over doing this can be right wing and not be this extreme right wing things for example, Nazies, big profits whilst people starve, racism, etc than it is say slightly higher taxes to pay for the NHS or the NHS wasting money on something. Maybe this is because of the world we live in maybe if there was a proper communist party or even country we might have more content to take aim at. Politics left right is often thought of as a horse shoe so left and right move towards each other and so it can be argued Nazies and Communists share more than for example very right Conservatives and say far left labour share less. Very Far left often share similar views on race as big capital as the far right

I think the BBC is probably left wing but its content is not. I don’t think even after all this stuff with Boris it’s deliberate. I just think it’s scared of the government and the right wing press. I also think it’s doesn’t understand impartiality. Look at the Brexit debate it was accused of being pro remain. In reality it gave equal weight to the 100s of economist who where pro remain as it did or Nadine Dorries

Don't have an account? Register now and see fewer ads!

Back
  AdBlock Detected
Bluemoon relies on advertising to pay our hosting fees. Please support the site by disabling your ad blocking software to help keep the forum sustainable. Thanks.