Has the BBC become a Tory tool?

I have no problem with him making it & I agree with the premise of his argument but he needs to make it better when using a platform that encourages outrage.
The bbc has dehumanised people for ever, it’s a national broadcaster used for propaganda otherwise they’d have sold it off with the gas & water.
I understand your comment about the premise of his argument but referring to Nazi Germany is offensive and way out of order. He should look at some of the documentaries on concentration camps. Also, where was his great concern for human rights when he happily took all the Qatari money at the World Cup.

This is you and your lunacy

"
Klopp, the Nazis and Pervitin.

Pervitin is a drug developed in Germany in the 1930s. It was originally intended as a recreational drug to help the famously dour Germans relax. It was soon repurposed for military use once its qualities were better understood.

As a German it is likely Jugen Klopp would be familiar with the history and properties of Pervitin. Indeed, it is believed several of his ancestral relatives were enthusiastic members of either the SS or Hitler youth..... "
blah blah lfc cheat off the back of the nazis

I'm sick of crackpots getting a voice. But hey that's the world we live in, we all get free speech don't we.

This is you and your lunacy

"
Klopp, the Nazis and Pervitin.

Pervitin is a drug developed in Germany in the 1930s. It was originally intended as a recreational drug to help the famously dour Germans relax. It was soon repurposed for military use once its qualities were better understood.

As a German it is likely Jugen Klopp would be familiar with the history and properties of Pervitin. Indeed, it is believed several of his ancestral relatives were enthusiastic members of either the SS or Hitler youth..... "
blah blah lfc cheat off the back of the nazis

I'm sick of crackpots getting a voice. But hey that's the world we live in, we all get free speech don't we.
Jesus Christ. He’s not just a moron, he’s a weapons grade mentalist.

Not really followed this story and dont watch motd because its normally shit, although I imagine no commentry/punditry would be an improvement.

My understanding is that lineker has been sacked for thinking he can say what he likes on whatever social media.

Just stick to football gary, thats your job,and you are overpaid for it. Keep your political? rants/views confined to the pub with your mates, not social media as free speech is no longer a thing with everyone being offended by everything these days.

If the other pundits dont want to work because of the situation then sack them too,and while youre at it bbc, sack the whole bbc red sports section and employ people with simple and fair values to reporting.

Everything about football is becoming more and more like a circus these days, fcking rubbish.
What’s your job? Unless it’s posting on bluemoon you’re not following your own advice.

People are not just their day jobs. He *can* say whatever he likes on social media, that’s exactly what social media is for!

The only things barred from social media are attacks on protected characteristics. As of yet, being a govt minister hasn’t been declared one.

You’re absolutely right but that raises another point; there isn’t currently a show that *does* provide intensive tactical analysis.

For the most part BBC, BT and Sky aim all their coverage at the casual viewer. Maybe for the BBC that’s spot-on anyway, but I’d wager on the other two networks half of the viewership is a bit more football inclined.

I like MoTD and for the same reasons as you stated want to see it come back how it was, once the dispute is resolved. But does this also identify a gap in the market for another, more analysis-intense and knowledgeable program?
I think Sky would say that Monday Night Football is their tactical coverage, and is ok sometimes, but I agree. I get all that stuff from podcasts and YouTube and The Athletic. I think there is a space for it on TV, but broadcasters, as you say, think differently.

You're confusing cancelled with criticised.

If your work dries up, the phone don't ring, you're hounded out of your job, your lectures cancelled, you and your supporters charged with made up non-crimes, your books not stocked or displayed, you're slandered constantly on social media, your peers turn against you, venues refuse to take your bookings and your message is constantly misrepresented and labelled hate, then you're right, it's just criticism.

I’m quite happy for my word to stand on their own terms in 2023, it others that search for comparisons that minimise evil events in history.

A reminder of the Holocaust is not minimising it. It's reminding people what people and Governments are capable of is left unchecked.

And I don't see how mentioning the Holocaust and keeping a spotlight on it, serves to minimise it. Would you rather the Holocaust wasn't mentioned at all?

A reminder of the Holocaust is not minimising it. It's reminding people what people and Governments are capable of is left unchecked.

And I don't see how mentioning the Holocaust and keeping a spotlight on it, serves to minimise it. Would you rather the Holocaust wasn't mentioned at all?
Don’t mention the holocaust. I mentioned it once before but I think I got away with it.

There is no clear implication at all. Your argument is predicated on the basis that the holocaust was an inevitable corollary of the Nazi regime in the 1930s. It was not. It was, however, an inevitable consequence of right thinking people not doing enough to stop it, and allowing it to grow in confidence and morph into the genocidal machine it became. There are potential parallels here if people do nothing to stop the clear and obvious erosion of our liberties.

It’s probably best not to accuse someone of being disingenuous, without exploring what their view is founded upon first. You shot your load far too soon, pal.
There is a clear implication because we have only one history. That is the history in which the 1930s Nazi regime lead to WW2 and the holocaust. Minimising the evils of that regime, even in the 1930s, by comparing it to something trivial is to deny the terrible reality of history.

Don't have an account? Register now and see fewer ads!

Back
  AdBlock Detected
Bluemoon relies on advertising to pay our hosting fees. Please support the site by disabling your ad blocking software to help keep the forum sustainable. Thanks.