Has the BBC become a Tory tool?

It minimises the tragedy of it "in your eyes". To mine, it highlights the tragedy of it and serves to remind us of what we need to avoid.

Lineker's comparison wasn't to the Holocaust but to what led to it. You obviously know what went on but there are a hell of a lot of people out there who don't realise or know how things led to it. Shining a light on it should hopefully educate some.
There’s obviously a value judgement to make for each case. To me, in this instance, the comparison Lineker is making is very strained and not appropriate. Were the Nazis trying to stop people from outside illegally entering their country? Did they voice concerns for the dangers people were in and by a desire to uphold the law? I don’t think so and Lineker’s comparison is wrong and counterproductive. That won’t be the case in every instance but I believe it is in this one.

There is a clear implication because we have only one history. That is the history in which the 1930s Nazi regime lead to WW2 and the holocaust. Minimising the evils of that regime, even in the 1930s, by comparing it to something trivial is to deny the terrible reality of history.
You have used that period of time to justify your accusations that Liverpool and Klopp are cheating! How can you give this faux concern and outrage about Lineker trivialising.

This is you and your lunacy

"
Klopp, the Nazis and Pervitin.

Pervitin is a drug developed in Germany in the 1930s. It was originally intended as a recreational drug to help the famously dour Germans relax. It was soon repurposed for military use once its qualities were better understood.

As a German it is likely Jugen Klopp would be familiar with the history and properties of Pervitin. Indeed, it is believed several of his ancestral relatives were enthusiastic members of either the SS or Hitler youth..... "
blah blah lfc cheat off the back of the nazis

I'm sick of crackpots getting a voice. But hey that's the world we live in, we all get free speech don't we.
You missed the key point.
Klopp’s reign over Dortmund had uncanny parallels with the Nazi conquest of Europe.
Just bizarre.
The hypocrisy is incredible.

They don’t have anywhere to go. None of their contracted pundits will touch them until they make a complete U-turn on this

If they never back down, they’ll simply lose their last foothold on football coverage to Sky & BT. Maybe they wouldn’t mind that anyway, given they’ve stopped bothering to secure full games long ago

You have used that period of time to justify your accusations that Liverpool and Klopp are cheating! How can you give this faux concern and outrage about Lineker trivialising.
my post on the Liverpool thread was a meta-satire of the paranoia of supporters. My concern over Linekers comment, not outrage as I’m not suggesting his comments are especially heinous, but they are crass and and offensive, is genuine.

What’s your job? Unless it’s posting on bluemoon you’re not following your own advice.

People are not just their day jobs. He *can* say whatever he likes on social media, that’s exactly what social media is for!

The only things barred from social media are attacks on protected characteristics. As of yet, being a govt minister hasn’t been declared one.
To answer your first question I am self employed, this place is the only forum/social media that I would dare post, as I think its fairly safe to air your views with others who have a common interest (supporting City).

No one gives a shit what I think or write on here apart from the odd "triggered" member.

Gary lineker is a figurehead of the bbc and has to be careful of what he says publicly as it could be seen as the view of his employers, totally different situation.

If I posted on here that I thought we were shit yesterday no one would care, but if Pep posted the same on facebook/or twitter or whatever, well, see the difference.

I am all for free speech myself and dont necessarily agree with whats happening, but surely he has no need to court controversy in his priveleged position, and I dont like the bbc sport section anyway hence my comments on it, I do help fund it though.

If there is a political side to all this I am not interested in it, just the common sense(or lack of it) from lineker.

Don't have an account? Register now and see fewer ads!

Back
  AdBlock Detected
Bluemoon relies on advertising to pay our hosting fees. Please support the site by disabling your ad blocking software to help keep the forum sustainable. Thanks.