Has the BBC become a Tory tool?

Ken Bruce decision to move to another Station , BBC served him well for years and years.

Linekar, Shearer , Wright etc are all legends of the game and excellent characters to analyse the game. Sure there’s a few some like, some don’t , same for any sports analysis.

BBC has such a wide variety of channels, radio stations, online services that it’s pretty strange there’s nothing for you to like.
Personally love 5live, Radio 2, BBC live sport and so many dramas they’ve produced in recent years.
I think Ken decided to go when he had a look at the writing on the BBC shithouse wall, and saw that if he didn't look elsewhere he was not gonna be at the BBC.

The wide variety of BBC channels are invariably feeding us stuff on a repeat loop that I wouldn't have watched in the first place. And I believe there isn't a station that doesn't go through the BBC mandatory box-ticking to make sure every element whose exclusion would result in one complaint after another is avoided.

The BBC are frightened to death of losing the licence money 'cos if it went subscription people would vote with their feet.

And didn't MotD last night bring in another half million viewers?

Why not go and live there yourself and report back to us on what it's like?
I wouldnt have any real objection to living there to be honest. I mean im pretty sure it would be nicer than Sri Lanka.... Im sure it will be nicer than living in the Al Nafud Desert in Saudi Arabia and I lived there for 3 years.

Funnily enough I hadnt watched MOTD for years in fact decades, basically due to its anti City pro cartel stance, so, putting aside my view on Lineker, i just watched the twenty minutes highlights roll and was neither impressed nor disappointed, it was fuck all, but it did highlight the fact MOTD has morphed into an “entertainment“ offering. I think the BBC are only allowed to show twenty minutes of highlights, hence the rest is padding. This padding is what made me stop watching it, so if it disappeared I wouldn’t be arsed.
The actual football shown is normally much more than 20 minutes, I think they were just being churlish.

These are dangerous times for those who love MOTD. Much as I’m annoyed by Lineker’s woke middle class virtue signalling at every opportunity, I like the vibe he brings to the program, he’s a very good presenter and asks the right questions. I have no doubt if he goes the BBC will lurch into full box ticking mode and we’ll get Alex Scott as the new presenter.

The actual football shown is normally much more than 20 minutes, I think they were just being churlish.

These are dangerous times for those who love MOTD. Much as I’m annoyed by Lineker’s woke middle class virtue signalling at every opportunity, I like the vibe he brings to the program, he’s a very good presenter and asks the right questions. I have no doubt if he goes the BBC will lurch into full box ticking mode and we’ll get Alex Scott as the new presenter.
Under the contract with between the BBC & the PL, the BBC is only allowed to show a maximum of 12 minutes highlights from each game

I think Ken decided to go when he had a look at the writing on the BBC shithouse wall, and saw that if he didn't look elsewhere he was not gonna be at the BBC.

The wide variety of BBC channels are invariably feeding us stuff on a repeat loop that I wouldn't have watched in the first place. And I believe there isn't a station that doesn't go through the BBC mandatory box-ticking to make sure every element whose exclusion would result in one complaint after another is avoided.

The BBC are frightened to death of losing the licence money 'cos if it went subscription people would vote with their feet.

And didn't MotD last night bring in another half million viewers?
Box ticking is a nice phrase for right wing bingo but hasn't he been replaced by Vernon kay?

So he simply meant an out of date version of German then? Come on, it is clear he was talking about the Nazi regime and all that entails.

He was referencing the language which was used in Germany that allowed the rise of the Nazi's.

Don't have an account? Register now and see fewer ads!

Back
  AdBlock Detected
Bluemoon relies on advertising to pay our hosting fees. Please support the site by disabling your ad blocking software to help keep the forum sustainable. Thanks.