Has the BBC become a Tory tool?

No, he was one step away, but there is enough awareness of the where the Nazi regime led to understand what he was implying.

If he was saying the current government is similar to a period of the Nazi rule when Germany was peaceful and well run, it would be a very strange argument to make.

It is clear he is saying the Home Secretary is leading us towards a holocaust like future. There is literally no other sensible interpretation of his words.
One step away is not what he actually said then

It is clear he is saying the Home Secretary is leading us towards a holocaust like future. There is literally no other sensible interpretation of his words.
It’s not clear that he said that at all. There is literally nothing sensible about this truly absurd interpretation.

It’s not clear that he said that at all. There is literally nothing sensible about this truly absurd interpretation.
When people invoke the example of the Nazis they do so to highlight either the evil or the path to evil. Why else pick them as an example? They are only an example of evil and nothing else. If Lineker was not suggesting some kind of path to dehumanisation and holocaust he should have picked a better example.

If you take a very evil event and say it is similar to a normal everyday experience, then you are implying the evil event wasn’t particularly evil.

Perhaps we are approaching the root of the problem.

This isn’t an every day experience.

When was the last time the British government declared it was going to pass an illegal bill on asylum and immigration that has been decried by the UN, the ECHR, the refugee council?

This government is pulling us out of international treaties that we founded 70 years ago. They’re boastfully removing the human rights of illegal immigrants.

Nothing about this is “everyday”.

I think if anyone is guilty of trivialising, it’s you.

Perhaps we are approaching the root of the problem.

This isn’t an every day experience.

When was the last time the British government declared it was going to pass an illegal bill on asylum and immigration that has been decried by the UN, the ECHR, the refugee council?

This government is pulling us out of international treaties that we founded 70 years ago. They’re boastfully removing the human rights of illegal immigrants.

Nothing about this is “everyday”.

I think if anyone is guilty of trivialising, it’s you.
To be honest it’s not particularly different from the approach of the previous Home Secretary a couple of years ago. We don’t know that it is illegal yet, doubtless it will be tested in court. It seems a big reach to say a bill very similar to previous ineffective government acts is equivalent to genocide.

But it’s not similar. There are no death camps or mass murders. We’re not going to have any, it’s not the same situation. The only camp been built is a refugee camp in France using UK tax payers money. The current situation is in no way similar to the evils of Nazi Germany. That is why using it as a comparison is trivialising, and that is why it is offensive.
Shipping refugees off to Rwanda is a bit fascist for me, you may not agree.

Shipping refugees off to Rwanda is a bit fascist for me, you may not agree.
In what way is it fascist? The fascist thing to do would be to treat them as subhumans, round them up into camps, and work them to death. I don’t think that’s the case here.

Don't have an account? Register now and see fewer ads!

Back
  AdBlock Detected
Bluemoon relies on advertising to pay our hosting fees. Please support the site by disabling your ad blocking software to help keep the forum sustainable. Thanks.