Has the BBC become a Tory tool?

As someone who has many friends working in it, I'd say no.

It's like when rivals fans argue their team is being victimised by referees or the media.

People see what they they want to see and the fact is a lot of my friends have a daily task trying to prove they are impartial in their jobs and it is neither of red or blue persuasion.

Lineker has continued to his colleague no favours, many who are actually proper journalists and have made numerous complaints to management about him.
I respectfully disagree. The upper echelons of the bbc are filled with and by the tories. I think your political leaning is clouding your judgement on this issue.

He didn't directly compare the conservatives to Nazi's.

He said their language used about migrants was reminiscent.

Bravermans language this week certainly was.
He also said used in the 1930s ie before the war and the Holocaust when it was just pointing the fingers at certain groups of people to make others dislike them, not actively undertaking genocide. A bit like the Daily Mail, black footballers and cars/shops - you don't necessarily say it yourself, you just lead enough people to draw the conclusion you want.

I'm not sure what's worse - the language so many politicians now use or the number of people who agree with it. Since 2016 and the schism caused in British politics by Brexit, followed by Trump in America, it feels like we're in the 1930s - whether left or right, there's no middle ground, everyone just hates and has become dogmatic in their beliefs. There's a growth in extremist, populist politicians around the world and we've seen how this sort of thing can end

Now that really is a ridiculous decision.

MIght not be as straight forward. It was an episode paid for by WWF (the wildlife organisation not the wrestling one - for those that were excitedly expecting a top rope elbow from Attenborough)

The BBC will be airing it on iplayer instead of BBC One because some Tories are against an organisation like WWF and the programmes central premise of re-wilding.

Don't have an account? Register now and see fewer ads!

Back
  AdBlock Detected
Bluemoon relies on advertising to pay our hosting fees. Please support the site by disabling your ad blocking software to help keep the forum sustainable. Thanks.