Has the BBC become a Tory tool?

He doesn't front an impartial institution. Last time I checked that was the BBC chairman; a man who is currently embroiled in a financial scandal involving the ruling political party of this country; that impartial enough for you?

Linekar is a sports presenter and should be allowed to voice his opinion on the grossly offensive language our government have attached to their immigration policy.

Semantics. He’s a front man, just as other presenters are front people. The Chairman is the boss man, which is different.

FWIW, the Chairman has lots to answer for and should be held to account sooner rather than later.

As a (compulsory) licence payer I don‘t expect people who fly under the BBC flag to be spouting left wing hate propaganda. Nor right wing for that matter.

It‘s perfectly legit for denizens of Bluemoon, though. Which is why I usually avoid the political forum like the plague.

he could always run as an MP to try to actually do something about it instead of sitting in his very comfortable perch and grandstanding - if he does, fair enough - but give me a million plus a year and I could tub-thump all day fucking long for any cause you could mention

I respectfully disagree. The upper echelons of the bbc are filled with and by the tories. I think your political leaning is clouding your judgement on this issue.

I was asked a question as a journalist. Pretty much every journalist I know at the BBC is no Tory.

I have no political leaning these days, let down by both. I am a massive history student, however, and hate how easy people try to compare something to the Nazis.

In a league of their own.

In making the tone deaf comparison to people who exterminated six million Jews and many millions more, he puts the Tories on a similar footing.

He makes the Nazi rhetoric sound trivial and, while the refugee crisis is anything but, it is in a different stratosphere to the deliberate policy of extermination.
He never suggested the Tories are comparable to the actions of the Nazis. He highlighted the tone of the rhetoric and how it was bottom rung of the dehumanising propaganda ladder; which is correct. Our home secretary shouldn't be using words like "swarm" and "invasion" to describe refugees, especially when many are fleeing persecution.

To use a crass analogy, it's like an uneducated football fan hurling invective at a black player in a stadium: it wouldn't make them a KKK member, but it definitely makes them a casual racist.

Well done Lineker and Wrighty. If the likes of Fiona Bruce can get away with her remarks actually on the BBC when Gary L’s were on Twitter then the BBC is showing its prejudice. IMHO
Fiona Bruce has the demeanour of the jolly-hockey-sticks,private school Head Girl about her.She is the up-to-date Jill Dando and can do no wrong,whereas Lineker is a jug-eared twonk who is not even that good at his job.
Sack 'em both,give Lineker's job to Buzzer and replace Bruce with Kaz.

In making the tone deaf comparison to people who exterminated six million Jews and many millions more, he puts the Tories on a similar footing.

He makes the Nazi rhetoric sound trivial and, while the refugee crisis is anything but, it is in a different stratosphere to the deliberate policy of extermination.
He should have referred to U.K. policy in the 30s when we turned away boatloads of refugees from Germany.
The Imperial War museum has original copies of the Daily Heil and Express on display where the editorial line is we are full, we can’t take any more etc.
The same bullshit this govt is peddling now.

Don't have an account? Register now and see fewer ads!

Back
  AdBlock Detected
Bluemoon relies on advertising to pay our hosting fees. Please support the site by disabling your ad blocking software to help keep the forum sustainable. Thanks.