Have a pint for me today?

Status
Not open for further replies.
Re: City v United pre match thread

Harry the parrot sings his heart out for Manchest…: <a class="postlink" href="http://youtu.be/plN0hA3qsG4" onclick="window.open(this.href);return false;">http://youtu.be/plN0hA3qsG4</a>

citytill1die84 said:
Mister Appointment said:
Sky Blue said:
You before the last Derby at home....

simon23

Post subject: Re: The Manchester Derby Pre match Discussion Thread

Posted: Fri Sep 20, 2013 12:24 pm

If we play 4 in.midfield we will get overrun....Rooney will drop deep to make a 5th man and play inbetween the lines...

Aguero can do.this for.us but is not.that string in that position as rooney or indeed as tevez was for us
I thik if pellers plays wthr same.system as he has dione so far we will get beat....just my opinion

Haha. That's cheered me up!

Haha x2
Celine is playing too!.

OK - Rags on Sunday - will we win.?.
This season starting with the Community Shield we have played 15 games. 1 at Wembley 7 away and 7 at home. we have 6 W 4 D and 5 L.
The question is - Which do you think was our best performance - this season ?. I will go for the 4-2 win at Hull BUT we were 2-0 and Hull got it
back to 2-2. You could argue that away at Bayern (lost 1-0 to a late goal) was a good performance but , if I remember correctly, Hart stopped
8 goal bound shots in the first half. Bayern were on top. Our 4-1 win against Spurs was not brilliant - They could have been 2-2 but missed a penalty. Have we been very good this season?. I would say - NO.
Please CITY put in a decent performance - Without Silva we will struggle.

I thought we did very well at Newcastle and Villa - more so than Hull. Very solid both those days.

---------------------------Hart------------------
Zabaleta-Kompany-Demichelis-Kolarov
-----------Fernando-Fernandinho-----
----Navas-----------Yaya---------------Milner
----------------------Aguero------------------------

Somone posted earlier the notion of playing Mangala at LB. At first I thought nah, but with reflection, not such a bad idea, particularly as it was stated that he has played that position in Porto.

Back four of Zaba, Vinny, Martin & Eli.

OK, would be useless as an attacking option, but that would be one hell of a line and maybe give a little more licence in the mid field.

Anyone else supporting this as an option (that Pellers would never invoke)?

chris85mcfc said:
Puteulanus luna said:
chris85mcfc said:
Back to basics with the back 4, not just because its United or because Mangala has looked shakey, but because we need to go back to basics to get some familiarity back

This is the team I would play on Sunday, ill presume Silva isn't fit. Typical of us to lose a key player to injury right before a big game which was pretty much the story for most of last season ie Barcelona, Chelsea and Liverpool away (although Kompany played in the end, albeit on one leg)

_____________Hart__________

Zaba___VK____Demichelis___Kolarov___

_______Nando_____Yaya_________

Navas_____Nasri________Milner_____

___________Aguero____________
Good team but iI'd swap nasri for fernandinho and put yaya in nasri's position.

I'm a big fan of Fernandinho, but after last night and a few previous performances I wouldn't have him anywhere near the team

If Nasri is fit he plays, especially with Silva likely to miss out

I think this is the team most of us want to see at present;

_____________Hart__________

Zaba___VK____DeMichelis___Kolarov___

____Fernandinho_____Fernando______

Milner_____Toure________Silva_____

___________Aguero____________

This is our strongest team if all players are fit and would allow the wing backs room to get forward because we are stronger at the back of midfield.

We could also drop Milner back and play a xmas tree 4-3-2-1.

I think we could even use DeMichelis as a sweeper and play Mangala in his left of centre-back position but this would be better with Silva in the side supporting Aguero. If we can keep a clean sheet then our attackers are good enough to get the goals.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Don't have an account? Register now and see fewer ads!

Back
  AdBlock Detected
Bluemoon relies on advertising to pay our hosting fees. Please support the site by disabling your ad blocking software to help keep the forum sustainable. Thanks.