Have a pint for me today?

Status
Not open for further replies.
Re: City v United pre match thread

middleton___blue said:
Will be a tough one this, I know form tends to go the window on derby day, But clearly the current confidence in the team is not at the highest this week and the way they'll be up for it after that draw with chavs of course, you have to remember that di maria and van persie will cause a genuine threat which is why we should hold a tight line. We should play Zab, Komps, Demichellis and Kolorov me thinks.

We need to pack out the midfield so for me and we should NOT play 4-4-2. Imo, it Should be 4-5-1 with Kun up front on his own with Milner and Nasri out wide and Yaya in behind Aguero & with Fern and Dinho in the centre.

Think we'll edge it 3-2. Hopefully a derby win should boost them ready for Moscow. Comon city!

Excellent analysis BM...

Personally, I feel as if this is Pellegrini's last chance to change it up before Sheikh Mansour decides its time to find a new manager. His stubborn faith in 442 is getting extremely predictable and easy to play against, as demonstrated by West Ham, CSKA and Newcastle. Even without these issues I feel as if managers like Van Gaal or Mourinho would not stand for these results, especially with the team we have, and would do something different. Rather than having the arrogance to assume our typical 442 squad can beat any team in the premier league we need to actually change the formation depending on our opponents. I will be very interested to see what team Pellegrini fields this Sunday, and hope he goes for a 451 with kun up front otherwise I seriously fear for how we will cope. Will be there shouting for us all the same on Sunday though and hope Aguero can provide some magic CTID!

dom said:
middleton___blue said:
Will be a tough one this, I know form tends to go the window on derby day, But clearly the current confidence in the team is not at the highest this week and the way they'll be up for it after that draw with chavs of course, you have to remember that di maria and van persie will cause a genuine threat which is why we should hold a tight line. We should play Zab, Komps, Demichellis and Kolorov me thinks.

We need to pack out the midfield so for me and we should NOT play 4-4-2. Imo, it Should be 4-5-1 with Kun up front on his own with Milner and Nasri out wide and Yaya in behind Aguero & with Fern and Dinho in the centre.

Think we'll edge it 3-2. Hopefully a derby win should boost them ready for Moscow. Comon city!

Excellent analysis BM...

cant disagree here i think 99.9% of the forum want this the only thing i would maybe change is Kolorov and stick Mangala in at left back

dom said:
middleton___blue said:

Excellent analysis BM...
Yeh i like to think so ha

marco said:
dom said:
middleton___blue said:

Excellent analysis BM...

cant disagree here i think 99.9% of the forum want this the only thing i would maybe change is Kolorov and stick Mangala in at left back

Ummmmm... and to be even more out of position than normal? We need Kolorov there. If there isnt many 1 vs 1s due to cover from the Fernas, Kolorov should be fine.

marco said:
dom said:
middleton___blue said:

Excellent analysis BM...

Just a question - if Mangala plays left back who provides crosses from the left flank?

It will be sex football from city
We will hopefully be smashing them to every corner of etihad on sunday especially if van goes with the same formation as he did against chelsea
Come on city some on bm are whining to death with recent results
Truth is this forum is filled with thankless ppl,we won 2 titles in three years and havent had a good start to the season this time and they start calling for managers head
Do you even realize how far we've comr,from being a midtable team to the most attractive team in eng as recent as last season?or ever realize what it would feel to be a pool or a gunner supporter who haven't won a title in ages? Thank you city for all the good times where youve made us feel proud to be a citizen
We will be on track soon

Citizen in Pakistan said:
It will be sex football from city
We will hopefully be smashing them to every corner of etihad on sunday especially if van goes with the same formation as he did against chelsea
Come on city some on bm are whining to death with recent results
Truth is this forum is filled with thankless ppl,we won 2 titles in three years and havent had a good start to the season this time and they start calling for managers head
Do you even realize how far we've comr,from being a midtable team to the most attractive team in eng as recent as last season?or ever realize what it would feel to be a pool or a gunner supporter who haven't won a title in ages? Thank you city for all the good times where youve made us feel proud to be a citizen
We will be on track soon

Hope you are right I would love MP to be the given the opportunity to manage to a third year because it would mean meeting his targets this year would I think most of us would agree are fairly clear cut.

If the players let him down and he isn't able to meet those achievements then he will go the same way as RM whether he is liked or not by fans and others alike.

Very few managers leave on their own terms.

I know I am a spoilt brat, and I am old enough and have been a blue for long enough to know better, but a close win against the vermin wouldn't sit right with me as it might be seen as an indicator that the gulf between us might be getting smaller, and I would hate for that to happen.

So, whilst I want the 3 points on Sunday, I want them with a clear indicator that we are still poles apart, sending them back on their bus with a sore arse and a red card!

Come on City, do it for this old boy

Status
Not open for further replies.

Don't have an account? Register now and see fewer ads!

Back
  AdBlock Detected
Bluemoon relies on advertising to pay our hosting fees. Please support the site by disabling your ad blocking software to help keep the forum sustainable. Thanks.