Have a pint for me today?

Status
Not open for further replies.
Re: City v United pre match thread

The cookie monster said:
davelyncooper said:
sir baconface said:
What a difference three shite games make, Everyone was so cocky a few weeks ago, I started a thread saying this derby might just go against the form book. (Not a prediction; just a thought-provoker).

Pull yerselves together, Blues. The team will be up for this one.

I see BETFAIR have the scum at 8/1 to beat us - they obviously think we are going to win
Try just over 3/1..........

"not in my life time" classic

Silva_Spell said:
1139863_Manchester_City.jpg

...that works for me.

Let's smash them...

Getting fed up with this 4-4-2. Not, I don't mean Pellegrini playing this system, but the constant nagging about this system by loads on here week in week out and whenever we have a poor result. The poor results in the last week (because that is what we are actually discussing, not the system that brought us a PL- and LC-title not so very long ago) had nothing to do with the system being played.
And I'm not even go in to Pellegrini facing the sack. If he would, I wouldn't trust the management of Txiki, Soriano and Khaldoon for another second.

Same with the Silva-discussion. It could have happened to any of our players. And it could have happened to him in training. In hindsight it's all so feckin easy. I for one appreciates Pellegrini playing a strong team in any competition, because I want us to win silverware of any kind and he shows respect to every competition. Maybe we should have played a B-choice in every position like United did when they traveled to MK Dons. Great.

Recent results surely harmed the confidence, or may have given United some extra. Whatever. It's a derby and the last few years we are playing some pretty good stuff when we are up against them lot. 4-1 and 3-0 was way too easy anyway, so I welcome a bit of opposition from them. I'm sure the players are well up for this one. That doesn't mean we will win it, far from. But I'm sure we will see a completely different game from our boys. With or without Silva (didn't we play without him when we easily beat them 4-1 last year? Pretty sure we did).
I'm alread nervous as hell, and all these depressinig comments don't help. Especially if that's the attitude we fans take with us on Sunday. Get your act together. We hate United and everything they stand for (which is shutzero). We are City. If we can't get through a bad spell of 3 games, we have turned into rags ourselves. Let's put that one to the players when they enter the pitch. Nuff said.

sir baconface said:
What a difference three shite games make, Everyone was so cocky a few weeks ago, I started a thread saying this derby might just go against the form book. (Not a prediction; just a thought-provoker).

Pull yerselves together, Blues. The team will be up for this one.

I'm less confident than I was a couple of weeks ago but I'm never too confident about derbies anyway - we could be on a run of 6 wins on the bounce and them on a run of 6 defeats on the bounce and I would still be nervous as fuck!! Their defence might be worse than ours at the moment but their attack has shit loads of goals in it and I have this recurring fear that they could catch us cold early doors with a goal or two which will give them something to dig in and defend. On paper, taking into account the respective squads, them still finding out what their best formation is, and us being at home, logic dictates that we ought to be winning this game 7 or 8 times out of 10 but matches aren't won on paper.

eversince 76 said:
Getting fed up with this 4-4-2. Not, I don't mean Pellegrini playing this system, but the constant nagging about this system by loads on here week in week out and whenever we have a poor result. The poor results in the last week (because that is what we are actually discussing, not the system that brought us a PL- and LC-title not so very long ago) had nothing to do with the system being played.
And I'm not even go in to Pellegrini facing the sack. If he would, I wouldn't trust the management of Txiki, Soriano and Khaldoon for another second.

Same with the Silva-discussion. It could have happened to any of our players. And it could have happened to him in training. In hindsight it's all so feckin easy. I for one appreciates Pellegrini playing a strong team in any competition, because I want us to win silverware of any kind and he shows respect to every competition. Maybe we should have played a B-choice in every position like United did when they traveled to MK Dons. Great.

Recent results surely harmed the confidence, or may have given United some extra. Whatever. It's a derby and the last few years we are playing some pretty good stuff when we are up against them lot. 4-1 and 3-0 was way too easy anyway, so I welcome a bit of opposition from them. I'm sure the players are well up for this one. That doesn't mean we will win it, far from. But I'm sure we will see a completely different game from our boys. With or without Silva (didn't we play without him when we easily beat them 4-1 last year? Pretty sure we did).
I'm alread nervous as hell, and all these depressinig comments don't help. Especially if that's the attitude we fans take with us on Sunday. Get your act together. We hate United and everything they stand for (which is shutzero). We are City. If we can't get through a bad spell of 3 games, we have turned into rags ourselves. Let's put that one to the players when they enter the pitch. Nuff said.

Well said - I'm always nervous prior to derbies but that doesn't stop me singing my heart out for the team. Our fans will be up for this on Sunday I'm sure despite recent indifferent results. Speaking of which, I agree that 3 mediocre results is hardly indicative of a crisis and we've come through similar spells over the past 3 or 4 seasons under both Pellegrini and Mancini. The lazy line when we have these little ruts is that teams have "found us out" which is a load of bollocks IMO.

Its like were almost going into this game as underdogs, its a media frenzy now for them. The facts are they have had the worst start to a premier league season in the history of the PL. They have played all the current bottom 4 and had one of the easiest opening fixtures of any team in the league.

We have had a shit week, but this is just the game we need to show people we are still the best side in the country by a long way on our day. I'm hoping the players go into this game with a huge point to prove on the back of the last 3 games. They do that and we are simply too good for them and we will win. Get the ground bouncing, get the players up for it and working like we know they can and Sunday will be a fantastic day.

willipp said:
Its like were almost going into this game as underdogs, its a media frenzy now for them. The facts are they have had the worst start to a premier league season in the history of the PL. They have played all the current bottom 4 and had one of the easiest opening fixtures of any team in the league.

We have had a shit week, but this is just the game we need to show people we are still the best side in the country by a long way on our day. I'm hoping the players go into this game with a huge point to prove on the back of the last 3 games. They do that and we are simply too good for them and we will win. Get the ground bouncing, get the players up for it and working like we know they can and Sunday will be a fantastic day.

Well said - the best posting so far

Not bothered about us playing 4-4-2 but the Dzeko and whoever with him doesn't work Aguero and Negrado worked last season Dzeko up top on his own works

willipp said:

Good post . I too see the players being up for it and hopefully disregard what the manager has said about "trust" " confidence " etc ( which he never ever should have admitted !) and they come out single minded and totally focused on getting the result we all want .
As for the team line up my view is he may change to 5 in midfield but don't be surprised if he doesn't . United will come for a result . Theyve had a good game against chelsea who play like Stoke and they'll want to defend well .They won't go all out to attack but rather hit on the break . A draw is progress for them remember . A win would set them up for the rest of the season . So we must be prepared to exploit their doubts and weaknesses too . We will have probably more possession IMO so lets use it . I want Aguero to shine on Sunday and show the world just how good he is . Get people wide and rattle 'em early with crosses . I think Shaw is good going forward but has had his problems defending . We can exploit that for sure . Their central defense is poor so they protected it well against chelsea giving up almost 50% possession I think . Now let's see how they contain Us going forward . Want it blues . Want it ! Our mind set will decide this match . CTID

Status
Not open for further replies.

Don't have an account? Register now and see fewer ads!

Back
  AdBlock Detected
Bluemoon relies on advertising to pay our hosting fees. Please support the site by disabling your ad blocking software to help keep the forum sustainable. Thanks.