Have a pint for me today?

Status
Not open for further replies.
Re: City v United pre match thread

kenzie115 said:
willipp said:
Its like were almost going into this game as underdogs, its a media frenzy now for them. The facts are they have had the worst start to a premier league season in the history of the PL. They have played all the current bottom 4 and had one of the easiest opening fixtures of any team in the league.

We have had a shit week, but this is just the game we need to show people we are still the best side in the country by a long way on our day. I'm hoping the players go into this game with a huge point to prove on the back of the last 3 games. They do that and we are simply too good for them and we will win. Get the ground bouncing, get the players up for it and working like we know they can and Sunday will be a fantastic day.
Or it's the game to put the horrible icing on top of what is a very disappointing cake.

It could be yes, but i like to think we will rise to the challenge.

Lets not get drawn in by the media myth that they are playing well and were playing bad. Yes we've been poor, but they have been dog shit. They scraped past Everton where they couldnt of complained if Everton had won, they got hammered at Leicester, they then got late equalisers at West Brom and then Chelsea. I heard someone saying they are unbeaten in their last 3, could easily of and probably should of lost all 3 and won none.

It's all very well going on about beating them 4-1 last season without Silva but that team had an on-form Nasri and Yaya plus Negredo up front with Aguero. Now we have a barely match-fit Nasri, a Yaya who seems to be coasting through games and Dzeko in his "can't be arsed" phase. That's before we start on the defensive side! Sorry for sounding pessimistic but it's not a great build-up - hopefully somebody will put a rocket up their arses before kick-off and we get a performance out of them.

As the eternal pessimist - this thread is like watching the Father Ted episode when they are all at the airport with their cases thinking they are going on a fantastic holiday. Only they aren't.

Please let me be wrong - yet again!

The confirmation that Silva is out for a month really drives home what a stupid, crass, naive fucking decision it was by Pellegrini to play him against Newcastle's cloggers on Wednesday. Silva has been and is our best player by a mile and to lose him now is a disaster. I'll by very, very happy with a draw.

Fucking management half wit.

Hung said:
The confirmation that Silva is out for a month really drives home what a stupid, crass, naive fucking decision it was by Pellegrini to play him against Newcastle's cloggers on Wednesday. Silva has been and is our best player by a mile and to lose him now is a disaster. I'll by very, very happy with a draw.

maybe vent your emotions in the stands and get behind the boys on sunday, just an idea like

lancs blue said:
It's all very well going on about beating them 4-1 last season without Silva but that team had an on-form Nasri and Yaya plus Negredo up front with Aguero. Now we have a barely match-fit Nasri, a Yaya who seems to be coasting through games and Dzeko in his "can't be arsed" phase. That's before we start on the defensive side! Sorry for sounding pessimistic but it's not a great build-up - hopefully somebody will put a rocket up their arses before kick-off and we get a performance out of them.

Not a great build up, but no need for panic. Silva is a big miss, but if anything, the rags' defence is even worse than last year, and Kun is going to have fun playing against them. I also think Toure is going to step up in Silva's absence, and they have never been able to control him.

Re the defence, with Hart, Zabs and VK back in, and provided there is cover in left midfield (i.e. Milner), we will be ok.

Hung said:

Grow up you moron, Silva isn't the difference between us winning and losing against the rags. If it was Chelsea then I could understand the pessimism. The rags haven't won away from home this season. If we play the best we have so far we will beat them just like we did last season without Silva.

Hung said:

Wow.

Shit happens, time to move on. As for being happy with a draw, not sure how many would be with you on that - we are a better team with better players, playing at home - I expect us to start fast and win the game.

We did alright without him last year against them. If the others play to their proper level, we'll win. If they don't, as they haven't been lately, it could get ugly. Abandon 4-4-2 and drop Dzeko for this game, play Jovetic behind with Nasri and Milner (who can help track Di Maria), should be plenty of creativity there (+ Yaya).

lancs blue said:

To be fair, we weren't on a great run of form when we beat them 4-1 last season. The week before we laboured to a lacklustre 0-0 draw at Stoke who really should've beaten us, the previous league game before that was a similarly laboured 2-0 win at home to Hull and the match before that was the 3-2 defeat at Cardiff! We did beat Plzen 3-0 away in the CL a few days before the derby but there was little indication in the lead-up to the game that we were going to go out and batter United the way we did.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Don't have an account? Register now and see fewer ads!

Back
  AdBlock Detected
Bluemoon relies on advertising to pay our hosting fees. Please support the site by disabling your ad blocking software to help keep the forum sustainable. Thanks.