Have a pint for me today?

Status
Not open for further replies.
Re: City v United pre match thread

supercity88 said:
Hung said:
The confirmation that Silva is out for a month really drives home what a stupid, crass, naive fucking decision it was by Pellegrini to play him against Newcastle's cloggers on Wednesday. Silva has been and is our best player by a mile and to lose him now is a disaster. I'll by very, very happy with a draw.

Fucking management half wit.

Grow up you moron, Silva isn't the difference between us winning and losing against the rags. If it was Chelsea then I could understand the pessimism. The rags haven't won away from home this season. If we play the best we have so far we will beat them just like we did last season without Silva.

He is currently the only regular source of creativity, you moron. Even against Utd's shite defence, we need to create chances to score. Without him, we huff and puff, with him, you can guarantee he'll play five or six 'killer' balls that create clear cut chances.

He is the shining light in a team struggling for form. Take him out of the equation and it makes it a much closer on Sunday.

uwe rosler 28 said:
Sorry but we're playing 1 of the weakest defences in the league my team would be

hart

zaba
vinny
mdm
kolarov

milner
fernandinho
yaya
nasri

jovetic
aguero

nasvas for nasri round the hour mark

This but with Dzeko on and Jovetic replacing him around the time of your sub. Fernando to replace Fernandinho later on when he's knackered.

marco said:
Hung said:
The confirmation that Silva is out for a month really drives home what a stupid, crass, naive fucking decision it was by Pellegrini to play him against Newcastle's cloggers on Wednesday. Silva has been and is our best player by a mile and to lose him now is a disaster. I'll by very, very happy with a draw.

maybe vent your emotions in the stands and get behind the boys on sunday, just an idea like

Don't worry mate, I'll be screaming bile before, during and probably after the game on Sunday.

Hung said:
supercity88 said:
Hung said:

Grow up you moron, Silva isn't the difference between us winning and losing against the rags. If it was Chelsea then I could understand the pessimism. The rags haven't won away from home this season. If we play the best we have so far we will beat them just like we did last season without Silva.

He is currently the only regular source of creativity, you moron. Even against Utd's shite defence, we need to create chances to score. Without him, we huff and puff, with him, you can guarantee he'll play five or six 'killer' balls that create clear cut chances.

He is the shining light in a team struggling for form. Take him out of the equation and it makes it a much closer on Sunday.
It is a big blow to lose Silva, but that's bad luck. A manager can't wrap his best players in cotton wool unless he has options and we didn't against Newcastle. Had Silva got injured and we had won 3-0 you might have a point.

Silva's absence could actually have some positives. Obviously it's a big blow, but when he is played out wide he is too ineffectual as Pellegrini never plays him in his favoured central role. Silva's injury could mean Yaya plays in behind Aguero, with Fernando and Fernandinho anchoring the midfield. Yaya always seems better in a more advanced role, so could Silva's absence actually mean Yaya could be more effectual? But knowing Pellegrini he will probably stick to 2 up front and Yaya deep.

Marvin said:
Hung said:
supercity88 said:

It is a big blow to lose Silva, but that's bad luck. A manager can't wrap his best players in cotton wool unless he has options and we didn't against Newcastle. Had Silva got injured and we had won 3-0 you might have a point.

If he'd have been on the pitch for more than 5 mins, we might have done.

I think the players will be up for this game as they are for most big domestic games. As another poster said previously the big test for the players desire and drive will be away at the likes of QPR and Sunderland.

Hung said:
Marvin said:
Hung said:

In which case Pellegrini would have probably brought him off after an hour.

Marvin said:
Hung said:
Marvin said:

In which case Pellegrini would have probably brought him off after an hour.

But the fact remains that every minute he was on the pitch in our 4th most important competition, there was a threat of injury, particularly against a side who's only chance against us was to niggle, tackle hard and hope for the best. Sundays game is infinitely more important, as is the Moscow game. So why risk him?

My team

Aguero

Milner Toure Nasri

Fernandinho Fernando

Kolorov Demichelis Kompany Zabaleta
Hart

Can't be dealing with dzeko. makes too many mistakes and makes the team lazy

Status
Not open for further replies.

Don't have an account? Register now and see fewer ads!

Back
  AdBlock Detected
Bluemoon relies on advertising to pay our hosting fees. Please support the site by disabling your ad blocking software to help keep the forum sustainable. Thanks.