Status
Not open for further replies.
Re: City v United pre match thread

No Silva means we are almost certain to go 442

Hung said:
Marvin said:
Hung said:
If he'd have been on the pitch for more than 5 mins, we might have done.
In which case Pellegrini would have probably brought him off after an hour.

But the fact remains that every minute he was on the pitch in our 4th most important competition, there was a threat of injury, particularly against a side who's only chance against us was to niggle, tackle hard and hope for the best. Sundays game is infinitely more important, as is the Moscow game. So why risk him?

Based on your idiotic assessment no one would do anything. Football is a physical game. Silva could have dropped a kettle on his foot and been injured. Everyday there is some risk of injury. Loads of players are injured in training. It was a game we wanted to win whether you see it as 4th in terms of importance or not. It was also a game where we could try and put a performance together and address previous poor results. Silva getting injured at any time is a loss. But you are completely blowing it out of proportion and showing no respect to a manager who brought us our best season in decades last time out. We can alter the system to create chances a different way. Yaya can create chances, so can Jovetic, and Nasri, and Milner and Navas. We have more than enough against the rags who aren't particularly good at defending. Calm it down child.

Hart

Zab komp Mang kol

Nando Toure

Navas dzeko Milner
Aguero

Just watched the press conference of pre match and pelle said he will never change his tactics and that it worked last year and it's important to keep using it this season. We'll there goes our dreams of playing 3 man midfield :/

even if he hadn't got injured it was a shocking decision to play him in a home league cup game vs Newcastles second string ,as he should have had a few days rest to be ready for United and CSKA in the following 7 days

marco said:
117 M34 said:

no Silva means we are almost certain NOT to go 442

Very difficult to predict what MP will do. One thing I will say though is that although losing Silva is a terrible blow we're blessed to have the squad we do have. How many other clubs can point to players like Nasri, Milner, Navas, even Yaya and Jovetic to step up/step in.

FWIW I'll be both shocked and alarmed if Dzeko starts on Sunday.

Mister Appointment said:
marco said:
117 M34 said:

Very difficult to predict what MP will do. One thing I will say though is that although losing Silva is a terrible blow we're blessed to have the squad we do have. How many other clubs can point to players like Nasri, Milner, Navas, even Yaya and Jovetic to step up/step in.

Pack the midfield and let Sergio win the game with moments of brilliance

He is the match winner, not Silva

chris85mcfc said:
Mister Appointment said:
marco said:

Pack the midfield and let Sergio win the game with moments of brilliance

He is the match winner, not Silva

I think that is key to the game for me. If we dominate the midfield then we will win the game. Sergio will get chances and hopefully he takes them. Huge day for Fern, Fernando and Yaya, they really need to put a performance in. They dominate the game and possession then it allows Zabba and Clichy to push forward more and push back di maria. If Di Maria doesnt work for the team then we exploit that big time.

United will play Screech for sure, theyll have seen teams such as West Ham and others win the midfield battle and push on to our off-form defence.

Screech will be deployed alongside Blind with Mata or Herrera. Di Maria and Rooney more advanced with Van Persie up top.

We need to dominate the middle, we're not quite playing well enough to simply play around them and absorb the attacks.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Don't have an account? Register now and see fewer ads!

Back
  AdBlock Detected
Bluemoon relies on advertising to pay our hosting fees. Please support the site by disabling your ad blocking software to help keep the forum sustainable. Thanks.