Have a pint for me today?

Status
Not open for further replies.
Re: City v United pre match thread

marco said:
pikku said:
Now that Silva is out, I suddenly find our team line up unpredictable apart from the back four and Hart, hopefully this will work in our favour on Sunday.

Hart
Kompany. MDM
Zabba. Mangala

Dinho. Fernando
Milner.
Yaya.
Jovetic

Aguero

will he have the balls though,the fact Silva is not playing does restrict his choice a little

Why would he suddenly play mangala out of position when we have Aleks and clichy?

I foresee a high-scoring defeat, with one of our centre backs being sent off in controversial circumstances.

Not sure Falcao would have started anyway as Rooney is back, but it reduces their options from the bench.

Hung said:
supercity88 said:
Hung said:
But the fact remains that every minute he was on the pitch in our 4th most important competition, there was a threat of injury, particularly against a side who's only chance against us was to niggle, tackle hard and hope for the best. Sundays game is infinitely more important, as is the Moscow game. So why risk him?

Based on your idiotic assessment no one would do anything. Football is a physical game. Silva could have dropped a kettle on his foot and been injured. Everyday there is some risk of injury. Loads of players are injured in training. It was a game we wanted to win whether you see it as 4th in terms of importance or not. It was also a game where we could try and put a performance together and address previous poor results. Silva getting injured at any time is a loss. But you are completely blowing it out of proportion and showing no respect to a manager who brought us our best season in decades last time out. We can alter the system to create chances a different way. Yaya can create chances, so can Jovetic, and Nasri, and Milner and Navas. We have more than enough against the rags who aren't particularly good at defending. Calm it down child.

Oh dear - we are are getting your panties in a twist aren't we? Do you not think it is reasonable to question why our best player is turning out 4 days before one of our biggest games of the season in a competition which, whilst 'important', is 4th on the 'important' list? Why, for example did he not play Kompany and Zabaleta from the start on Wednesday? Resting them for Sunday maybe? I accept that players can get injured at any time, I accept that Pellegrini won two trophies last season and at this very early stage in his so far successful career at City, I certainly wouldn't advocate dismissal etc. However, playing Silva on Wednesday, who has been the stand out player again and again this year, rather than rest him for what will be a series of far more important games, is poor judgement and , for a fan, losing your best player 4 days ahead of the game against your hated rivals in this way, is frustrating.

I'll assume that you are on your bleed at the moment, hence your 'moron' and 'child' quips. Be careful not to burst into tears on Sunday if we're not creating many chances.

I've checked the OS and cannot see the priority list for us this year. Could this be "your important" list?

I think if you were given the opportunity to ask the manager, he would tell you that all comps are equally as important. I get your pissed with David getting injured, we all are, but to claim he shouldn't have been playing does not fit with the clubs ideals.

Marvin said:
Not sure Falcao would have started anyway as Rooney is back, but it reduces their options from the bench.

while im glad he aint available i think you are right.....he wouldnt have started anyway....but at least it stops him coming off the bench if they need him

so with MP comments i guess our team will be

hart

zabba kompany Mdm Clichy

milner yaya fernando nasri

kun dzeko

Not sure who he will pick at centre half next to Kompany and not sure on the left back but i guess he may go with clichy

with his comments about not changing tactics/formation then the midfield almost picks itself unless he changes fernando for fernandihnio

who will partner kun.....I think pellers will go with dzeko but id prefer to see jovetic but who knows?

Status
Not open for further replies.

Don't have an account? Register now and see fewer ads!

Back
  AdBlock Detected
Bluemoon relies on advertising to pay our hosting fees. Please support the site by disabling your ad blocking software to help keep the forum sustainable. Thanks.