Have a pint for me today?

Status
Not open for further replies.
Re: City v United pre match thread

Good spirit on here tonight outweighing the bad . Van Gaal must NOT lose this game because they must be seen to be progressing -lots of pressure on him too because the media have now set them up for a win because of our " loss of form" etc on and on ...At this stage we are just about underdogs . Good I say . If our boys play anywhere near to their potential it will be a good afternoon . Like a previous poster said , the fans can be the extra man . C'mon City
Believe

One thing I haven't been hearing much of, is confidence from the rags, in fact I think our recent results has them slightly more worried, in case we have a reaction.

Anyone else getting this vibe ?

Must be pretty rare that both sets of fans aren't confident.

a lot of negativity on this forum, we are the better side even without Silva and we are at home, there will be 45k blues spitting out there venom and all that is a recipe for a win, we are 10/11 for the win and united 3/1 so it shows where the neutral is putting the money, i have not spoke to one person who thinks united will win this but yet the TV is full of them all X reds trying to stir it up and you know what they are frightened to death of losing this because if they do that means they have collected just 2 points from the last 9 and it dosnt read well, lets crank that noise up on Sunday and give it to them

Been shocking the past 3 weeks, need a reaction desperately but can only see a draw/loss if we carry on with our recent piss poor showings. United are going to try and target Mangala as the weak link for sure, so I'd throw a spanner in the works and start him at LB alongside a steady MDM to sure things up. Neither Clichy/Kolarov look up to the job atm and dread them v Di Maria. Hope we start something similar but strongly doubt it knowing how stubborn Pellers is:

Hart
Zab Kompany Demichelis Mangala
Fernando Milner
Navas Y.Toure Nasri
Aguero

Not sure starting a relatively new player out of position would be a good idea for the derby.

I'm not confident of our defence keeping the rags out to be honest, with Di Maria especially dangerous and Rooney & van Persie in there too. But I think their defence is even worse and it'll be a high-scoring affair, which we'll just about edge. 3-2 or maybe even 4-3 to us I reckon.

My heart says City win but my head says draw especially our with inability to keep clean sheets and our strike force not clicking this season.

just to get you in the mood here is a clip from the 4-1 with no commentary and a lot of slow motion, its worth watching as it was without silva but with an on form Nasri, best with headphones on for the crowd noise

<a class="postlink" href="http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=GhlHT-xpzQM" onclick="window.open(this.href);return false;">http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=GhlHT-xpzQM</a>

oh and we really do miss the beast

marco said:
a lot of negativity on this forum, we are the better side even without Silva and we are at home, there will be 45k blues spitting out there venom and all that is a recipe for a win, we are 10/11 for the win and united 3/1 so it shows where the neutral is putting the money, i have not spoke to one person who thinks united will win this but yet the TV is full of them all X reds trying to stir it up and you know what they are frightened to death of losing this because if they do that means they have collected just 2 points from the last 9 and it dosnt read well, lets crank that noise up on Sunday and give it to them

Well said Sir.
Sergio will be relishing facing their excuse for a defence.
It's a big game which means the real Yaya will appear.
Let them fear us. We're better than them.

If we lose we caused it.we gave them horrible shit balls belief up until last Saturday they were just takin part.now we are shit in their eyes and they are giants . a monumental. Effort is required

goaterslip1998 said:
If we lose we caused it.we gave them horrible shit balls belief up until last Saturday they were just takin part.now we are shit in their eyes and they are giants . a monumental. Effort is required

No, all that is driven by the media, united know what we are about and if they have the balls which i don't think they have then bring it on, an early goal will see them on the ropes, once 1-0 down they will leave an already bad defence exposed and then we will go for the kill, 'put them to the sword', i'm disappointed at the reaction on here after the Newcastle game, the west ham game was a blip and the CSKA game we should have won but for a dodgy ref so its not all bad, city will be up to make things right on Sunday but what we don't need is bad vibes from the stands or it will go tits up

Status
Not open for further replies.

Don't have an account? Register now and see fewer ads!

Back
  AdBlock Detected
Bluemoon relies on advertising to pay our hosting fees. Please support the site by disabling your ad blocking software to help keep the forum sustainable. Thanks.