have never felt so comfortable...

For me Billy McNeil was 'the man', but then he was manager when I first began to follow City. I usually want to believe in every manager, at least when they first arrive, but I never liked Kendal, I didn't like the way his Everton team used to play, so I wasn't that upset when he left. Other than McNeil I've only thought Joe Royle was 'the man'. I haven't decided on Mancini yet, but I'm optomistic, and I'm starting to believe that he could become 'the man' to do the job all his predecessors since Joe Mercer have failed to do.

Kendall, because it was a time when you didn't need a ridiculous amount of money to compete. I was convinced we'd win the league under him.

I knew Alan Ball would ruin us, I don't know why - it was just a gut feel.

I was at Coppells meet the fans thing at Platt Lane on the day he came, and he spoke with such assurity it was hard not to have faith in him.

Of the latter I knew KK would get us out of Div 1 (simialr feeling to Royle) but our defence would never be good enough and that Sven would probably struggle to make us a top team simply because there was a question of how much money we really had under Thaskin.

So in answer, this is without doubt the most excited I've been about any City manager.

There is no manager (and I mean no manager) in world football I would rather have at City.

I don't trust him but have to tolerate him purely cos he's better than Mark Hughes. My dear lord I hated that fucker!!!

johnmc said:
I know he wasnt here very long, but Steve Coppell started something. Shame he couldnt continue for whatever reason, but in his time the whole club was lifted. A real kick in the teeth when he left.

Shagging the youth team?

PLease explain how his first six months was a failure? hi did what roy got the liverpool job for.
First of all steady the ship, give city a defence. a game plan balance. The best part is, he is able to change the game plan according to which team we're playing! not many manager do that.

Don't have an account? Register now and see fewer ads!

Back
  AdBlock Detected
Bluemoon relies on advertising to pay our hosting fees. Please support the site by disabling your ad blocking software to help keep the forum sustainable. Thanks.