Have we seen the best?

Personally I think we will drop back 8-10 points but that still might well be good enough for another title, not replacing Kompany seems somewhat odd and we better hope to god we don't get a transfer ban because there are a bunch of key and expensive to replace players on their way out in the kind of time-frame of any ban

Personally I think we will drop back 8-10 points but that still might well be good enough for another title, not replacing Kompany seems somewhat odd and we better hope to god we don't get a transfer ban because there are a bunch of key and expensive to replace players on their way out in the kind of time-frame of any ban
I think City's hierarchy expect a ban and have a plan to deal with it.

I agree we need to replace Vinny, but I can’t see us doing.
I don’t think we’ll do the treble again, but I’d take the league and champs league! Definitely want us to win the league, three on the bounce would be dominance. I’ve never really been bothered about champs league, but Silva deserves it.

As long as Pep is here we will continue to improve year on year, he demands it. The only issue I see this season is at centre back. There’s no way we will cope with just 3 centre backs. there will be injuries, suspensions and loss of form and if it happens at the wrong time of the season when we’ve got big games we will pay for it.

It’s such an obvious area of concern, it’s almost as if we are deliberately handicapping ourselves just to give the rest a chance.

As for when Pep leaves, it’s going to be a hard transition, we’ve not only seen near perfection, we’ve seen us maintain it and get used to it, it’s going to take a big adjustment period for the fans to go back to us just being very very good.

I wouldn’t be too unhappy if we were to make early exits from the domestic cup competitions this season

I bet Pep and the players would be.....

Imagine trying to keep Mahrez, Sane, Foden, Gundogan, Jesus/Aguero happy, with a game once a week....

We have a squad made for 4 competitions.

I think we should let the reserve team win the cups & the main team concentrate exclusively on the Prem & CL.

They deserve to win both together at least once, to prove the point.

I have a lot of sympathy for that view but I'm not sure Pep can bring himself to take that approach. His scope to rotate his players though is huge if we have avoid too many injuries.

Don't have an account? Register now and see fewer ads!

Back
  AdBlock Detected
Bluemoon relies on advertising to pay our hosting fees. Please support the site by disabling your ad blocking software to help keep the forum sustainable. Thanks.