Have you all turned on Hughes?

wrongun73 said:
masterwig said:
I haven't turned on him. The short term mindset around this club has been crippling us for decades.

It's high time we gave a manager a good crack at things. Performances have been very poor at times (understatement) but sometimes you have to take one step back to take two steps forward. I believe the squad is starting to have the solid foundations that will stand us in good stead next season. There are still areas we need to improve on but the manager will address those in the summer.

While performances have been pitiful I don't think we are too far away from having a really useful side. It takes time to change the mentality of players.
apparently we are 1 or 2 players away from a "very strong squad". bollocks its more like 7 or 8.....at least!

Did I say one or two? No I said we aren't too far away from having a useful side (first 11). The squad will be strengthened in the summer.

Everyone knows my opinion on Hughes, when he first came I thought it was an appalling appointment, today I think it's even worse than that. A poor season full of ineptness and contradictions. It's very honourable to keep supporting a manager of our club but I'm afraid the apologists are losing touch with reality. He was never good enough to take over here and he has proven that himself and only has himself to blame.

masterwig said:
wrongun73 said:
masterwig said:
I haven't turned on him. The short term mindset around this club has been crippling us for decades.

It's high time we gave a manager a good crack at things. Performances have been very poor at times (understatement) but sometimes you have to take one step back to take two steps forward. I believe the squad is starting to have the solid foundations that will stand us in good stead next season. There are still areas we need to improve on but the manager will address those in the summer.

While performances have been pitiful I don't think we are too far away from having a really useful side. It takes time to change the mentality of players.
apparently we are 1 or 2 players away from a "very strong squad". bollocks its more like 7 or 8.....at least!

Did I say one or two? No I said we aren't too far away from having a useful side (first 11). The squad will be strengthened in the summer.
hughes was quoted in the last few days as saying he believes that we are 1 or 2 players away, put yer claws away MW

Balti said:
He's had no money till the death of the first window and then the notoriously difficult Jan window in which he has done enough to suggest that he can do a good job with a full summer window. There would then be no excuses next season. This is the only reasoning I can muster to give the man more time.

Kompany, Zabaleta, SWP were all bought with a good week of the summer window to go. That must be £20m worth right there.

moomba said:
Balti said:
He's had no money till the death of the first window and then the notoriously difficult Jan window in which he has done enough to suggest that he can do a good job with a full summer window. There would then be no excuses next season. This is the only reasoning I can muster to give the man more time.

Kompany, Zabaleta, SWP were all bought with a good week of the summer window to go. That must be £20m worth right there.

As were Jo and Tal ben Haim. That brings it up to getting on for £45m.

Anyone see Jo at Villa yesterday... looked tremendous.

And here we are clamouring for a decent target man...makes you think, dunnit?

Soulboy said:
moomba said:
Balti said:

As were Jo and Tal ben Haim. That brings it up to getting on for £45m.

Anyone see Jo at Villa yesterday... looked tremendous.

And here we are clamouring for a decent target man...makes you think, dunnit?

I've always been interested to see what Moyes could do with Jo that Hughes quite clearly couldn't. At the end of the season is the time to reflect on Jo at Everton but so far he seems to be doing well.

Clearly, Hughes has a problem with Jo and maybe a few other players including Elano. A good manager (in my book) gets the best out of their players. If you put Moyes or O'Neill or Hiddink in charge at City...I'd have a wager they would get more out of Hughes' squad than Hughes.

Blue2112 said:
Balti said:

Genine question, lets say we fail to qualify for Europe this season, do you risk keepng him for another year and the possibility of doing the same thing again?

whatever, who, what or why is the cause of this we dare not risk another season of missed europe so yeh you have a point.

moomba said:
bluemanc said:
The fickle one's have.
The one's who understand football & where we are at & going know better.

It might make you feel better to think that you have chosen the correct, and honourable path. But in reality, yours is just an opinion and it's no better or worse than anyone elses.
Exactly - I've never been pro or anti Hughes but right now I feel that the one reason for keeping him would be not to have another manager at the club.
There's nothing else - and I think people voted with their feet yesterday - I've never seen so many folk leave COMS before the end of the game before.

Don't have an account? Register now and see fewer ads!

Back
  AdBlock Detected
Bluemoon relies on advertising to pay our hosting fees. Please support the site by disabling your ad blocking software to help keep the forum sustainable. Thanks.