Have you all turned on Hughes?

the main thing to threaten hughes and the players futures is season renewal time, yes we are loaded but our owners are proper business men and they want a return asap.
if nothing changes our ground will be half empty, that alone will see the manager removed, as it would at most clubs.
the owners know that if jose was here and brought kaka or whoever our stadium would sell out every week.
they will have done their homework.
i will renew without a doubt but city are on last chance saloon, too fucking dear to watch shit like that.

Cheesy said:
I posted this in another thread but I think it fits well in here as it's been my opinion of Hughes since pretty early on...

I think there's a few problems with Hughes, however in my opinion the main one is that he seems to have one style of management (I suspect that this is a fairly disciplinarian style). Now this approach can get results with some members of your team (and I'm talking about any profession now), but what a good manager has to realise is that every single member of his team requires a different approach in order to get the very best out of them. The 'on size fits all' style simply does not work.

As a player (and he was a great player), I reckon MH responded to the firm handed approach that Ferguson is well known for. What MH doesn't seem to have realised is that Ferguson (as much as I hate to say it) is also a master at the arm around the shoulders approach (Giggs, Scholes, Ronaldo, etc). It's a very difficult skill t learn & I don't know whether MH has got it in him to change his style.

Agree with this. I can see no evidence of any player improving under Hughes' management. (except Stevie)

scousemanc said:
Cheesy said:
I posted this in another thread but I think it fits well in here as it's been my opinion of Hughes since pretty early on...

I think there's a few problems with Hughes, however in my opinion the main one is that he seems to have one style of management (I suspect that this is a fairly disciplinarian style). Now this approach can get results with some members of your team (and I'm talking about any profession now), but what a good manager has to realise is that every single member of his team requires a different approach in order to get the very best out of them. The 'on size fits all' style simply does not work.

As a player (and he was a great player), I reckon MH responded to the firm handed approach that Ferguson is well known for. What MH doesn't seem to have realised is that Ferguson (as much as I hate to say it) is also a master at the arm around the shoulders approach (Giggs, Scholes, Ronaldo, etc). It's a very difficult skill t learn & I don't know whether MH has got it in him to change his style.

Agree with this. I can see no evidence of any player improving under Hughes' management. (except Stevie)

I can't sit by and let Hughes take the credit for Steve, its all down to his own self desire, I spoke to him this morning and I can tell you he feels as bad as every single one of us City fans at the moment.

Blue2112 said:
I can't sit by and let Hughes take the credit for Steve, its all down to his own self desire, I spoke to him this morning and I can tell you he feels as bad as every single one of us City fans at the moment.

Does Stevie give any credit to Hughes for his improvement this season?

scousemanc said:
Cheesy said:

yeh, stevie has come on leaps and bounds since mark came, fairs fair.

Uwe Rosler's Grandad said:
Soulboy said:
moomba said:
Balti said:
He's had no money till the death of the first window and then the notoriously difficult Jan window in which he has done enough to suggest that he can do a good job with a full summer window. There would then be no excuses next season. This is the only reasoning I can muster to give the man more time.

Kompany, Zabaleta, SWP were all bought with a good week of the summer window to go. That must be £20m worth right there.

As were Jo and Tal ben Haim. That brings it up to getting on for £45m.

Anyone see Jo at Villa yesterday... looked tremendous.

And here we are clamouring for a decent target man...makes you think, dunnit?

I've always been interested to see what Moyes could do with Jo that Hughes quite clearly couldn't. At the end of the season is the time to reflect on Jo at Everton but so far he seems to be doing well.

Clearly, Hughes has a problem with Jo and maybe a few other players including Elano. A good manager (in my book) gets the best out of their players. If you put Moyes or O'Neill or Hiddink in charge at City...I'd have a wager they would get more out of Hughes' squad than Hughes.

Fair comments.

I'd wager that too. O'Neill was slaughtered by the majority on here when some suggested he was the right man for the job post SP. He clearly was.

I'd nip over and drive Moyes over myself if he was available. Look what he has done with the resources at his disposal and the team spirit he engenders. Fantastic job imo.

Hiddink? Don't know. Good CV I know but seems to me like he'd be yet another managerial fingers-crossed punt and perhaps therefore no better than giving Hughes another season to build to try and close the gap on the sort of squad that Hiddink walked into at Chelski.

scousemanc said:
Cheesy said:

Although Stevie puts much of that down his work off season.

de niro said:
the main thing to threaten hughes and the players futures is season renewal time, yes we are loaded but our owners are proper business men and they want a return asap.
if nothing changes our ground will be half empty, that alone will see the manager removed, as it would at most clubs.
the owners know that if jose was here and brought kaka or whoever our stadium would sell out every week.
they will have done their homework.
i will renew without a doubt but city are on last chance saloon, too fucking dear to watch shit like that.
I can see it now - Kaka arrives - stadium packed with fans in anticipation - he's on the bench - that's what we've go to look forward to under Hughes.

Blue2112 said:
scousemanc said:
Cheesy said:

dunno if anyone else noticed yesterday when the third goal went in all the other players didnt seem to interested, stevie dropped to his knees and looked completely gutted shame the rest of the team dont share his passion

He has at least given himan opportunity to play when he could have played Elano ahead of him. A lot of fans said last season that he'd never be a Premiership player.

I hope the other players take a leaf out of Ireland's book. You don't have to wait for a manager or trainer to show you what to do.

Don't have an account? Register now and see fewer ads!

Back
  AdBlock Detected
Bluemoon relies on advertising to pay our hosting fees. Please support the site by disabling your ad blocking software to help keep the forum sustainable. Thanks.