Have you all turned on Hughes?

I can't sit by and let Hughes take the credit for Steve, its all down to his own self desire, I spoke to him this morning and I can tell you he feels as bad as every single one of us City fans at the moment.

Fair enough. Which reinforces my point even more that no player has improved under Hughes.

sniff said:
Blue2112 said:
scousemanc said:
Cheesy said:
I posted this in another thread but I think it fits well in here as it's been my opinion of Hughes since pretty early on...

I think there's a few problems with Hughes, however in my opinion the main one is that he seems to have one style of management (I suspect that this is a fairly disciplinarian style). Now this approach can get results with some members of your team (and I'm talking about any profession now), but what a good manager has to realise is that every single member of his team requires a different approach in order to get the very best out of them. The 'on size fits all' style simply does not work.

As a player (and he was a great player), I reckon MH responded to the firm handed approach that Ferguson is well known for. What MH doesn't seem to have realised is that Ferguson (as much as I hate to say it) is also a master at the arm around the shoulders approach (Giggs, Scholes, Ronaldo, etc). It's a very difficult skill t learn & I don't know whether MH has got it in him to change his style.

Agree with this. I can see no evidence of any player improving under Hughes' management. (except Stevie)

I can't sit by and let Hughes take the credit for Steve, its all down to his own self desire, I spoke to him this morning and I can tell you he feels as bad as every single one of us City fans at the moment.

dunno if anyone else noticed yesterday when the third goal went in all the other players didnt seem to interested, stevie dropped to his knees and looked completely gutted shame the rest of the team dont share his passion

Last season I thought it was time to get rid of Stevie. Now...I take my hat off to him...he realised what was needed, sorted himself out with pre-pre-season training and caught the ground running. He seems to have grown up, got focused & fit and has reaped the benefits on the pitch by being an inspiration, on top form most games, scoring goals, making goals and doing everything expected of him. Hughes should be making it clear to the players that they need to take a good long hard look at themselves and follow Stevie's example.

I hope that City put Ireland onto a longer contract with a suitable wage. If Sturridge is worth £40k+ a week what is Stevie worth?

scousemanc said:

Fair enough. Which reinforces my point even more that no player has improved under Hughes.

I agree there...no player has improved under Hughes this season...not one. If anything alot of them have gone backwards.

The short answer is yes. I was all for supporting him to see if he could turn things round but it apparent that he appears unable. Compare us with yesterdays opponents who, under their previous manager were shite. In comes Hodgson, with not a lot of cash at his disposal, and he makes them look a decent Premier leage outfit. We spend money like water, leave out good players and generally look like a team with no guts (appart from Stevie),no ideas and clueless when it comes to tactics. Apart from Given and Kompany, I am not too enamoured with his signings either. His persistence with Evans and Etuhu, who are both at best Championship players, is either obstinance or he believes they are better than they look. Time, I think, to say goodbye at the end of the season.

I think all the talk of transfer windows and building a squad is valid in its own right but does paper over the cracks to a degree.

Perhaps we haven't signed as many quality players as we should have, but that dosen't explain the way manager uses the current players at his disposal. I was at a loss to see Bojinov replaced by Evans (was he injured?). It was glaringly obvious that the problem yesterday lay in our inability to supply any decent service to the centre forward. Changing the centre forward was not the answer. Replacing one of our two defensive midfielders with perhaps say a Brazilian international who can actually find passes and angles to unlock a defence was. Gross mismanagement of that magnitude can't be ignored or excused.

Yesterday showed the ineptitude of Mark Hughes' managerial capabilities and because of that he has to go at the end of the season

I just want us to realize our potential as a club. Thats it. I couldnt give a flying fook who is in charge, as long as they can get some consistency out of the players and maybe (just maybe) start to put up more of a fight in every competition.

I put all my trust in ADUG to do the right thing, they aren't going to stand by and let us remain also-rans or else they wouldnt have bothered in the first place.

Not sure if I answered your question there Pam. ;)

Captain Vegas said:
I was at a loss to see Bojinov replaced by Evans (was he injured?).
Neither could I - I really do not rate Ched Evans at all. The guy sat next to me was the same - he said it must have been because Ched Evans is Welsh.

de niro said:
scorer said:
de niro said:
if the players throw the towel in no manager and i mean no manager can make them play.
you will come back with fergie would get them going but that just cements the fact that they are selling their club, their proffession and their fans short.just to prove a point to manager that wants them to actually earn their money.
yes we need a change of manager that goes without saying cos we can't just sell 15 players but i wish we could.
what about the next guy, if he wants some bite off them and they decide not to, i know sack that manager too.

It depends on how good a manager you are Bill. If you're really good you will be able to motivate your team and deal with the so called troublemakers.... if you're out of your depth... look at Hughes and City!

I hope the next manager is tough enough, cos Hughes wasn't.

we have'nt the squad to punish lightweights, hughes will know as we do that micah has had a terrible season but with viiny out we need zab in there, do we put ned there and weaken our defence?
the manager can't win.
most clubs at our level would love elano, why is he not picked? can only be a disipline thing.
yes they have to change manager and i for one hopes he kicks this fucking shower up the fucking arse.

oh and any player reading this if you dont want the shirt fuck off.

most clubs at our level would love elano, why is he not picked? can only be a disipline thing.
=============================================================

You know the answer... Fall out... then the interview...

Don't have an account? Register now and see fewer ads!

Back
  AdBlock Detected
Bluemoon relies on advertising to pay our hosting fees. Please support the site by disabling your ad blocking software to help keep the forum sustainable. Thanks.