Have you, or anybody you know, got the virus yet?

Discussion in 'Off Topic' started by Magicpole, 11 Mar 2020.

1. purplenose

purplenose

Each day that passes the more I am convinced millions have had and got it. Many with few or no symptoms.

2. blueinsa

blueinsa

Again just yesterday CMO for Wales said that before this is out 80% in the UK will have had the virus.

3. An excellent articulate poster and by all accounts a cracking lad to boot. Get well soon chap.

Last edited: 27 Mar 2020

ADVERTISEMENT

4. cleavers

cleavers

I've had a "cold" about this time of year for probably 30 years, it usually comprises a mild sore throat especially in a morning, dribbly nose, and a (worsening of) persistent cough. I've always put it down to a hay fever type reaction to tree pollen, as many trees are now flowering, how would I know if I have "mild symptoms" of this virus instead ?

I've only been out for a walk this Tuesday (with brief visit to a supermarket) since Tuesday last week, and I've pretty much had the same symptoms the whole time, I've got to go to a supermarket today as we're out of most perishable goods.

5. cleavers

cleavers

Brilliant, in bad taste obviously, but we do need to keep our sense of humour up.

6. jay_mcfc

jay_mcfc

I don’t know but in most countries there seems to only be around a 10% positive test rate. For example the UK is around 100,000 tested with 12,000 positive.

It doesn’t tie in with what most leaders are saying about 60/70% of the population getting it but it does show that there are an awful lot of people that think they have it but don’t.

denislawsbackheel likes this.
  7. worsleyweb

worsleyweb

Totally agree - it has been rife for weeks.

I think we are approaching the peak as they say. We will get through this. Another month and we are hopefully over the worse.

8. worsleyweb

worsleyweb

Or have had it and it has passed.

Newman Noggs likes this.
  9. B\connellblue

B\connellblue

treatment room with the rest of the crocks
    Similar figures over here. 9-10% of those tested are positive. Because of this the HSE have changed the criteria for testing. You now need to have 2 of the recognised symptoms to be tested.(duck test)Most test centres are drive thru. Sports stadiums, equestrian centres etc. I believe the only way to get a handle on this is to send out home testing kits for everyone, yes I know its a huge task logistically, and sourcing these kits as well as their accuracy is a problem. Need to know who's had it though and protect the vulnerable as best we can.

jay_mcfc likes this.
  10. purplenose

purplenose

Fair point but I dont think the tests used tell if a person has had it...I stand to be corrected of course.