Hazard Joining Chelsea

Status
Not open for further replies.
Re: Hazard (continued)

RandomJ said:
blupoo said:
RandomJ said:
We were until Chelsea won the flukiest Champions League you will ever see. People were actually cheering them on and now they're poaching our targets.

Why does Chelsea winning the CL change anything?

Because otherwise they would have been in Europa and Hazard made it clear he wants CL football. He also only mentioned Chelsea as a possibility once they had won it. If Barca or Bayern had been able to hit the bloody target he would be ours that i'm certain of.

I get that but playing for a team that's defending the prem title and in CL seems to be more appealing to me (even taking off my blue tinted glasses) than one who barely won the CL and otherwise would not qualify. If true then, I guess we are still behind certain clubs, globally.

tolmie's hairdoo said:
We should be disappointed, but also VERY excited at what has transpired.

The club have nothing to beat ourselves up over. We will be the talk of this window soon enough.

On two separate asides, this deal proves once and for all United are shopping at a different table.

And Chelsea resuming big spending will only help our own cause re FFPR. Safety in numbers!
Good point.

Our financial figures will turn around, but the question is by how much and how quick. If CFC spend on Hulk too, it will be CFC not City who get the attention from UEFA.

Andouble said:
Tueart1976 said:
What I find strange is Chelsea's website doesn't say anything...you would think they would want to milk it.

I guess Chelsea will only announce it once he has signed on the dotted line. I do find It strange though for a player to be calling all of the shots.

even they are probably embarrassed the way this has been handled.

Belgian media were running the story that he got their permission to announce it first on twitter so they are probably not embarrassed though they should be.

MCFC4EVR said:
Danamy said:
cookster said:
Stop kidding yourselves this is a big statement from Chelsea. Hazard was our main target this window - we courted him for months.

This may end up costing us more money long term.

Don't be fooled fella, he was never our main target during this window
Did Chelsea winning the Champions League have any effect on the outcome?
It sounds like it just came down to wages.

I reckon Chelsea matched our package but also guaranteed him game time, we didn't and that's what swung it, if so i take my hat off to City, we want squad players and not "i play when i want to play" type players.

For what it's worth i don't think the Rags were even close in this deal.......

It all seems a little unofficial!!

I'm signing for the champion's league winner ... surley he would just say im joining chelsea ....

Tueart1976 said:
What I find strange is Chelsea's website doesn't say anything...you would think they would want to milk it.

I guess Chelsea will only announce it once he has signed on the dotted line. I do find It strange though for a player to be calling all of the shots.
Exactly and this is why I think we were never serious about this guy as he seems to want to promote himself we are not about that it is the club that gets the publicity along with the player and it is done to our tune

Status
Not open for further replies.

Don't have an account? Register now and see fewer ads!

Back
  AdBlock Detected
Bluemoon relies on advertising to pay our hosting fees. Please support the site by disabling your ad blocking software to help keep the forum sustainable. Thanks.