Hector Bellerin

One game means nothing. He was very very good for Celtic and showed all the qualities required to be a top CB. Adding to that he is by far the best on the ball out of all our current CBs. It would be a shame for him not to get a chance under Pep because he really is a Pep type player and suited to playing a highline.

Don't know enough about him to really comment but this is a compelling argument if true.

Let's not go overboard on Jason as a prospect. I'd hate to give him up right now but while he's flashed a bit in his loans, last season was not quite the loan that Celtic was. They seemed to like him at Gala but he was played out of position most of the time. There are obvious red flags, as well. He's not the biggest player for a CB. There are certainly a bunch of CBs who have been a bit on the small side who have made it -- it doesn't preclude him from being a great player, but it certainly makes the task a bit harder for him. I guess I feel like I could see the attributes that might make him a star but I can also see the attributes that might make him never amount to much more.

Remember, we had everyone here typing many of the same things about Rekik (another smallish defender who was knocking on the door of his NT). And while I'm not really willing to write either of them off just yet the path of a high caliber CB is a long one that often has a few twists and turns and a lot of learning along the way. We shouldn't overrate Denayer, there's a very obvious path where the physical side of the game is too much for him in the PL and he simply can't play at the standard we require. His ball skills, however, seem above average and I'd be really surprised if Pep isn't even interested in taking a look to see whether he can adapt at the level required.

If he were to go to Arsenal, I'd be extra surprised if it were part ex for Bellerin. I also don't think he'd play week in week out for them, either. Bellerin seems like one of those juicy rumors City might even make up if Arsenal start tapping up Denayer in order to remind the other team that two can play that game. If we were to sell, 15m seems too low to me. He's shown enough promise that I'd probably want 25-30m in this market but might settle for 20m. He's less proven than other younger mostly potential defenders but not so much so that I'd let him go cheap.

Last edited:
No maybes about it. Arsene has no interest in Jesus. Why would they sell Bellerin to us...the price is right that is why we would sell them Denayer. We will see...
We should not be selling denayer to Arsenal. They are a direct rival in the league and giving them a good young prospect is stupid; if we're going to sell a good young player we should be selling abroad

What if it means getting Bellerin?
I suppose so, the idea though of giving up a good young player to a premier league rival just doesn't sit well with me. Correct me if I'm wrong, TH didn't say it was definitely happening, just a possibility? I can't remember the last time I seen a swap deal happen between two clubs

Don't have an account? Register now and see fewer ads!

Back
  AdBlock Detected
Bluemoon relies on advertising to pay our hosting fees. Please support the site by disabling your ad blocking software to help keep the forum sustainable. Thanks.