Hector Bellerin

I suppose so, the idea though of giving up a good young player to a premier league rival just doesn't sit well with me. Correct me if I'm wrong, TH didn't say it was definitely happening, just a possibility? I can't remember the last time I seen a swap deal happen between two clubs
Otamendi for Negredo plus cash from Valencia to Manchester City? :)

Otamendi's transfer was not a player swap deal in the slightest.
We waved the fee they owed us (24million) and paid the difference... not in the slightest? One player went the other way the season before, one came the season after, the fact that they were obliged to pay us for him after his loan was up is neither here nor there... it was very similar to a swap deal plus cash when all is said and done(we just took the long way around to get the same result without planning for it). :)

Last edited:
We waved the fee they owed us (24million) and paid the difference... not in the slightest? One player went the other way the season before, one came the season after, the fact that they were obliged to pay us for him after his loan was up is neither here nor there... it was very similar to a swap deal plus cash when all is said and done(we just took the long way around to get the same result without planning for it). :)
We sold them Negredo and we bought Otamendi from them in two separate deals.

We did not give them £8m for Otamendi, we gave them £32m. We just happened to buy a player from a club who bought one from us.

Nowhere near a Eto'o/Ibrahimovic style deal.

I suppose so, the idea though of giving up a good young player to a premier league rival just doesn't sit well with me. Correct me if I'm wrong, TH didn't say it was definitely happening, just a possibility? I can't remember the last time I seen a swap deal happen between two clubs

Perry Suckling for Dave "hammer" Phillips ?

If he were to go to Arsenal, I'd be extra surprised if it were part ex for Bellerin. I also don't think he'd play week in week out for them, either. Bellerin seems like one of those juicy rumors City might even make up if Arsenal start tapping up Denayer in order to remind the other team that two can play that game. If we were to sell, 15m seems too low to me. He's shown enough promise that I'd probably want 25-30m in this market but might settle for 20m. He's less proven than other younger mostly potential defenders but not so much so that I'd let him go cheap.

20-30 mil for denayer???? come on. i would give them denayer and cash for bellerin in a heartbeat.

Well it is vague if he didn't specify who the player was. He could have easily gotten word of articles some papers were running and then said a lot whole lot of nothing on this forum. This isn't a personal attack on Tolmie, but I'm yet to see why he is held in such high esteem.
maybe because you haven't been here a year yet....or have you?

Don't have an account? Register now and see fewer ads!

Back
  AdBlock Detected
Bluemoon relies on advertising to pay our hosting fees. Please support the site by disabling your ad blocking software to help keep the forum sustainable. Thanks.