Help a blue and his family in need

Few of the BW lads went to visit him today, he seemed quite chipper considering what he has tomorrow

He can't believe everyones reaction and thanks to everyone for donations, messages and help<br /><br />-- Sun Oct 09, 2011 9:07 pm --<br /><br />Match report from last BW match for Rozzie

Well it wasn't Carrington for me today for the big match for Rozzi but a superb setting in Denton alongside the community college.Playing against Denton Phoenix I got the early impression it was going to be youth against experience but in the end the Bluewatch team was a mixture of youth and experience. Plenty of changes though from their last game and a good few missing from the teams that have played BlueMoon 3 times with 2 wins and a draw behind them.

The crowds rolled in when the gates opened just after 10 and there were at least 30 watching at it's peak. It was one of those games where if you take your boots you played.We had possibly the smallest keeper I have ever seen! I can't think of who to compare him to, but think of Maradona after he finished playing.He was about his size in more ways than one I noticed that only one of our players had other than black boots and from his warm up he clearly wouldnt have a boot contract.In fact there was a chance in the warm up that a couple might have to pull out due to tiredness.

The keeper gave the team confidence right from the start and his long kicking was one of our best attacking ploys. Tony's experience at the back was also a telling factor as he marshalled the defence shouting instructions and motivating. Alongside him was Yaya or was it Nedum , well anyway he was getting stuck in and having a great game and although under a lot of pressure the game remained nil nil for quite a while. Then unluckily an own goal put us one down. As his dad (skipper)said he doesnt score many so it must have been unlucky.

Then came the first of many poor refereeing decisions which changed the game.An attempt to intercept a pass went to our keeper who picked it up only for it to be deemed a back pass.The defensive wall was about as solid as Shrek's new hair but the ball was rolled to the side and smashed in for 2 nil. Shortly afterwards when a ball had been cleared a shout came up to empty it ( meaning the penalty area I guess) to which Tony replied, what do you think he is a toilet!

Our left back,Chan as he seemed to be known,was having a great game and giving his all despite having another game in the afternoon.The ref again showed his generosity when he should have booked one of the oppos for hacking down Freddie one of our free running forwards but then he got one right when he awarded a penalty which Freddie took well and scored.Then the ref reverted to type and said he had to take it again.Something about he hadn't blown the whistle but it hadnt affected the keeper who was certainly ready. Some charity match this was turning out.

The retake was well hit but the keeper had moved early but again the ref favoured the opposition and allowed play to go on. 2 nil down but it really should have been 1 each.Our keeper was having a quality game and brought off a great flying tip over to keep the score at 2 but then had a Taibi moment letting one squirm through.Fortunately only for a corner.Our number 9 Freddie was getting through an enormous amout of work with the odd iffy tackle with his worst coming just before half time. Nigel would have been proud of it as his feet were probably in the guys chest as he appeared from nowhere.Clearly accidental.

1 each at half time then althought the ref seemed to think it was 2 nil.The rain started to come down a little so I moved to the back of the stand to shelter under a tree.More good saves from our keeper and then one of the moments of the match as our centre half broke from deep to shouts of cmon Yaya.They then managed a Torres type miss before the ref made another blunder to let them score another goal. Clearly Speedy was fouled before they went on to score but all the ref did was hold his arms out to say " what". He did that a lot:)

The Denton team changed keepers at this point which gave the teams a break as he had difficulty getting the jersey on to shouts of Mario,Mario as he was having problems.We were getting closer and closer to scoring with one cleared off the line from a corner and then after another Torres quality miss from them the ref joined in again to allow an offside goal to stand.This ref should be dropped down a league or two after this performance.Then a classic moment where Skipper took a corner and miskicked it ( I think) to nobody just inside the area.Nobody on his team knew he had actually taken it as he ran to the ball himself before realising he couldnt kick it again.

It was real end to end stuff now as both teams threatened to score with plenty of attempts on goal.We just couldnt find the killer touch despite some good approach work and at the other end Tony and Yaya,with great support from Chan were just about holding out.Then again in stepped the ref to allow another goal which looked offside.Very tough on Maradona in our goal who was still having a blinder and regularly setting us onto the attack with his kicking.

Their number 9 was having a tough old time against Yaya in particular and was regularly having a moan but Yaya had his number especially after one tussle where even a late tackkle didn't win the ball.Yaya held him down for a second to have a word but that was nothing to the ear bashing his mother gave him.He was immediately substituted and left the field and the " ground" to walk home but not without his mum's words ringing in his ears " you have to come home" was the last I heard.

The legs had gone now ( thanks to the scoreline and the ref) and another goal went in but at 5 nil it didn't tell the real story. Freddie and his partner up front deserved at least a goal each for their efforts. Number 6 in the middle worked tirelessly, Chan played great at left back.Skippers two boys worked hard and showed some ability and Yaya was quality and powerful in the center of defence. Tony was our Andy Morrison alongside Yaya but my MoTM went to the keeper for a great display in nets.He definitely did not deserve to be on the losing side.

A defeat maybe but a good warm up for the BlueMoon game coming up.With one or two players coming back into the team plus hopefully an unbiased ref we can keep up the good record against them.Great to meet some of the names from the forum and a big well done to OB/Speedy for getting the game on in aid of Rozzi.Would have been great to meet Rozzi so that will have to be at the next game. Get well soon mate.

Another lined up this week if anyone wants to turn up/play

Ric said:
Didsbury Dave said:
The Paypal link is not working, ob.

Go to this page mate, then click the donate button the left hand side:

<a class="postlink" href="http://www.bluewatchmcfc.co.uk/mancityforum/index.php/topic,6486.0.html" onclick="window.open(this.href);return false;">http://www.bluewatchmcfc.co.uk/mancityf ... 486.0.html</a>
Got it and it worked, thanks

Rozzie Do being organised for Mannings on 4th February - keep an eye out for more details<br /><br />-- Tue Oct 11, 2011 8:58 am --<br /><br />BW game in aid of Rozzie this Thursday

We're pleased to confirm we are playing on Thursday at Cedar Mount High School address:

3G Astro Turf Pitch
50 Wembley Rd
Manchester M18 7DT
0161 248 7009

Please can we ask those playing to get there between 8pm & 8.30pm.

We are counting on everyone turning out for this occasion, it's vital lads. We also have the lads from MCFC Forum turning out for a run out.

We also need spectators for this. Please turn up and support the cause.

Look forward to seeing you all there.

Dont know Rozzi, but obviously a top lad. Get well soon pal. Donation en route via paypal.
When issues like this arise it makes me so proud to part of the big blue family.

Sold our soul my arse.

joe salford said:
Dont know Rozzi, but obviously a top lad. Get well soon pal. Donation en route via paypal.
When issues like this arise it makes me so proud to part of the big blue family.

Sold our soul my arse.

Cheers mate

Update from hospital - operation went as well as could be expected "restless night but he is ok", his wife to update when she visits him later

God knows what he & his family are going through .but they must be heartend by the support shown bt City fans good luck Rozzi

cyberblue said:
God knows what he & his family are going through .but they must be heartend by the support shown bt City fans good luck Rozzi

and bwfcchick ;)

Just in case some of you don't venture downstairs to "Off Topic", Nicki and I are organising a fundraiser / Christmas party and the proceeds will be going to Rozzi.

<a class="postlink-local" href="http://forums.bluemoon-mcfc.co.uk/viewtopic.php?f=5&t=235689" onclick="window.open(this.href);return false;">viewtopic.php?f=5&t=235689</a>

Don't have an account? Register now and see fewer ads!

Back
  AdBlock Detected
Bluemoon relies on advertising to pay our hosting fees. Please support the site by disabling your ad blocking software to help keep the forum sustainable. Thanks.