Help a blue and his family in need

mac said:
when rozzi is on his road to a full recovery i will donate 1 or 2 weeks free accommadation free of charge. i live in quiet spanish village.3 bed townhouse,fully furnished. if you come in the summer months the communal swimming pool will be open. fantastic place to unwind but close to other resorts. beer and tapas are fantastic too. hope all goes well. mac

So nice of you mate, I'm sure Rozzi will love Spain to help him get back to his normal self. How did the pre-op go??<br /><br />-- Thu Oct 06, 2011 6:32 pm --<br /><br />
ob said:
This is a thread regarding a top blue who has recently been diagnosed with cancer of the kidneys. He is known as Rozzi and a moderator on Bluewatch forum. I’m sure a few of you from Bluemoon have heard of him or know him. In the past he has helped others by organising trips and sorting out tickets for various blues and also helped organise charity matches between Bluewatch and Bluemoon forums.

As gut-wrenching as that is, the really good news is the doctors have spotted it early which gives them more options as to how to sort it out.

Rozzi will have to go into hospital to have the kidney removed and whilst the doctor ain't a City fan, he's not a rag either (he's a Birmingham fan) so that should help too!

Anyway, The Bluewatch Admins and Mods are looking at a number of activities to raise funds to help make things as easy as possible for Rozzi as he takes on this absolute twat of an illness. Among things planned we're going to have a couple of 11-a-side games (first of which is this Sunday at Denton) with proceeds going to help his family. Other activities will be announced as they are agreed and planned. These will include programme write up, raffles at various City fans functions and collections at games. There is also a donation page on the Bluewatch forum.

We all know City is a huge, huge footballing family and all we ask at this time is for you to support all the efforts we make as we look to support a fellow Blue in a time of need.

We all know Rozzi, and as much as it hurts to give him any praise :-)) I can vouch what a top, top lad he is and as I have said he has previously helped out plenty of Blues on many occasions. He really is one of those lads who would do anything for anyone (as long as they are Blues). So, please support all the activities and initiatives; we all know times are hard but imagine for a moment being in this situation. Anything anyone can do to help a Blue is always, always greatly appreciated. Every single penny will go him and his family.

Below are links to the the thread on BW and the donation page

Thread
<a class="postlink" href="http://www.bluewatchmcfc.co.uk/mancityforum/index.php/topic,6486.0.html" onclick="window.open(this.href);return false;">http://www.bluewatchmcfc.co.uk/mancityf ... 486.0.html</a>

Donation
<a class="postlink" href="https://www.paypal.com/uk/cgi-bin/webscr?cmd=_flow&SESSION=4AsSC921_87ZBSlClYzyu1gQK24_z0uXeLvSeEwbHep7nMZJdX5Ku3OPla0&dispatch=5885d80a13c0db1f8e263663d3faee8dd049a0174d7b2337c94a2120c957a268" onclick="window.open(this.href);return false;">https://www.paypal.com/uk/cgi-bin/websc ... 20c957a268</a>

We can accept donations made through Paypal to rozzi.appeal@bluewatchmcfc.co.uk.

Cheers from everyone on BW and more importantly Rozzie and his family

Is there any chance we could get an update on Rozzi's situation? I'm really concerned about him as sadly one of my friends (Who was a City fan) died from Kidney Cancer

Some final words for a while, as im being admitted today to the MRI for more tests over the weekend before my big Op first thing Monday morning....hopefully all will go well, and i get on that long road to recovery.....!!!!

A big Thanks again to so many of my big Blue family out there, and all you have done and are doing for me and my family.....!!!!

Might sound a bit gay, but I truly love you all, Thanks again...

Rozzi

C.T.I.D.

Thanks to everyone who has stepped forward for this so far to help raise some money for Rozzi.

Bluewatch have planned first bucket collection next week home to Villa.

So far they have about 10 collectors but need more, if anyone can spare any time before the game just PM me or get in touch with any of the BW Mods

They have decided to meet outside the ground at 1pm on the corner where the spike once stood. This is where you'll be able to collect a bucket and we will be able to say where the area is best to cover.

Thanks again to everyone involved

Didsbury Dave said:
The Paypal link is not working, ob.

Go to this page mate, then click the donate button the left hand side:

<a class="postlink" href="http://www.bluewatchmcfc.co.uk/mancityforum/index.php/topic,6486.0.html" onclick="window.open(this.href);return false;">http://www.bluewatchmcfc.co.uk/mancityf ... 486.0.html</a>

Donated £20.

Always had time for Rozzi. Top blue and quality poster.

Hope the operation goes well and he makes a full and speedy recovery. I'll stick some more in the buckets when I go to the Villa game if I have any left, haha!

Ob, have you contacted the club regarding collecting on the concourse or outside the turnstyles? I'm sure you'd have more success there rather than outside the stadium and given the circumstances I'd assume they'd be more than happy to co-operate. Also, if you PM me further details on times we'd be collecting until and where to return the buckets I may very well interested in doing so. Perhaps it'd be best, if indeed you get on the concourse, to targets members who sit in different areas of the ground so we reach maximum intake?

Let me know what you think =) Just an idea.

C_T_I_D said:
Donated £20.

Always had time for Rozzi. Top blue and quality poster.

Hope the operation goes well and he makes a full and speedy recovery. I'll stick some more in the buckets when I go to the Villa game if I have any left, haha!

Ob, have you contacted the club regarding collecting on the concourse or outside the turnstyles? I'm sure you'd have more success there rather than outside the stadium and given the circumstances I'd assume they'd be more than happy to co-operate. Also, if you PM me further details on times we'd be collecting until and where to return the buckets I may very well interested in doing so. Perhaps it'd be best, if indeed you get on the concourse, to targets members who sit in different areas of the ground so we reach maximum intake?

Let me know what you think =) Just an idea.

Thanks mate, been in touch with the club on a number of things, use of a free pitch for games, prizes for raffles and collecting in and around the ground, just waiting on an answer.

Couple big nights planned - Bluebirds Christmas Charity Do and also planning one for start of next year and hoping to get few ex players to these

I reckon Lakey and Buzzer would endorse this personally.

I believe the club get all the players to sign quite a lot of shirts when they come to Carrington for the work they do for the charities. I think if they donated 2 or 3 of them then that'd be well worth auctioning off or even one of those framed signed photos with the certificate may be worth a plug aswell.

Might sound a daft question, but how has his family reacted to this? (both the news and the support from bluewatch / bluemoon)

C_T_I_D said:
I reckon Lakey and Buzzer would endorse this personally.

I believe the club get all the players to sign quite a lot of shirts when they come to Carrington for the work they do for the charities. I think if they donated 2 or 3 of them then that'd be well worth auctioning off or even one of those framed signed photos with the certificate may be worth a plug aswell.

Might sound a daft question, but how has his family reacted to this? (both the news and the support from bluewatch / bluemoon)

We have signed book from Gary James, signed Colin Bell shirt (donated by a BW member), and a few other things for raffles, Paul Lake sent me message this week to say he was working on this with the club and would be in touch when I asked for signed book.

Family can't believe support they have received from everyone at both BW and BM, I spoke to him this week and he is really touched by all the messages and gestures from everyone

Don't have an account? Register now and see fewer ads!

Back
  AdBlock Detected
Bluemoon relies on advertising to pay our hosting fees. Please support the site by disabling your ad blocking software to help keep the forum sustainable. Thanks.