help! I want to stop smoking thread.

bluezi said:
Can we use this as our own thread for people who want to stop smoking.
We can try and help each other when the erge takes hold.
Other ex smokers with advice and support would be excellent and very welcomed.
Maybe the mods can make this a sticky so we dont have to search for it.
Please post your suggestions and stats.

13 days not smoked from a 30yr 15 a day habit.

I gave up after 30 years, I didnt use any patches or sprays etc..the magic formula is that you really WANT to give it up..

When you get a crave do what I did,treat the crave like a person who wants to harm you,just say fuck off I want to live longer..

worked for me...but like I said You really have to WANT to quit..if youre really not into it....you wont do it.<br /><br />-- Thu Feb 06, 2014 6:58 pm --<br /><br />
andyhinch said:
I think the main thing is you've got to want to give up, this is the first time I've really wanted too.

Absolutely this fella...people thinking they want to give up and actually wanting to are two different things..

some great, inspiring stories blues. good to see that it can be done.
i'm on day six now, last one was 5pm last friday.
i'm pleased that i've managed to avoid resorting to any nicotine replacement products and absolutely delighted that i've survived my first post work trip to the pub without cracking.
hope everyone else is sticking with it?

Allen Carr book is awesome. after reading it gave up 20 year 20 a day Benson habit as have about ten friends. Only bloke it did not work for I know was just a bit too thick to understand it

44 weeks now and going strong not one cig in all this time ,and a hand full of e cigs at first
Was all it took
As for the having a beer or 5 has not bothered me at all I still stand out side with the lads when they
Nip outside for a smoke .you owe it to yourself to give it a go ,it's the first time I've tried to quit in over 30 yrs
Burying a friend ( who was younger than me) was a big factor for me seeing his kids at his funeral did it for me,
Find yourself a reason hope its a better one than mine GOOD LOOK..p,s he had lung cancer.

billfromthehill said:
44 weeks now and going strong not one cig in all this time ,and a hand full of e cigs at first
Was all it took
As for the having a beer or 5 has not bothered me at all I still stand out side with the lads when they
Nip outside for a smoke .you owe it to yourself to give it a go ,it's the first time I've tried to quit in over 30 yrs
Burying a friend ( who was younger than me) was a big factor for me seeing his kids at his funeral did it for me,
Find yourself a reason hope its a better one than mine GOOD LOOK..p,s he had lung cancer.

Class! Well done. I gave up in September 2012. I went cold turkey and haven't touched a cig since. Your 1 year anniversary is looming and you'll feel great that for a year of your adult life, you've been a non-smoker.

andy1971 said:
Allen Carr book is awesome. after reading it gave up 20 year 20 a day Benson habit as have about ten friends. Only bloke it did not work for I know was just a bit too thick to understand it

bluezi said:
I've downloaded the Alan Carr book onto my phone so I can read it anytime.

No pressure bluezi :)

bluegirl74 said:
some great, inspiring stories blues. good to see that it can be done.
i'm on day six now, last one was 5pm last friday.
i'm pleased that i've managed to avoid resorting to any nicotine replacement products and absolutely delighted that i've survived my first post work trip to the pub without cracking.
hope everyone else is sticking with it?

Wtg bluegirl74

am i a non smoker? the insurance Co say i am as i have been off them for a year but however i do have an ecig , i suppose its just another form of nicotine replacement like a patch or spray, can i hang around in here or get my coat?

nw42 said:
andy1971 said:

bluezi said:
I've downloaded the Alan Carr book onto my phone so I can read it anytime.

No pressure bluezi :)

Hope your on the mend m8. Mucho grassyarse...lol
Be grate for you to ask your wife to quit.

-- Thu Feb 06, 2014 11:41 pm --

marco said:
am i a non smoker? the insurance Co say i am as i have been off them for a year but however i do have an ecig , i suppose its just another form of nicotine replacement like a patch or spray, can i hang around in here or get my coat?

Hang your coat up and pull up a chair.<br /><br />-- Thu Feb 06, 2014 11:42 pm --<br /><br />
marco said:

Hang your coat up and pull up a chair.

Don't have an account? Register now and see fewer ads!

Back
  AdBlock Detected
Bluemoon relies on advertising to pay our hosting fees. Please support the site by disabling your ad blocking software to help keep the forum sustainable. Thanks.