Hey YOU! why are you a city fan?

In the late 50's my dad bought me a football shirt to play footy in. It was a red and white one, red body with white sleeves, I knew nothing about football obviously. Only wore it a few times, was a bit tight, I was an apprentice fat bast++d then, time served now hahaha. Skip a few years to the 60's. Still not really interested in football. Then a lad I knew, the only City supporter in school asked me if I wanted to go to Maine Rd with him and his dad. Well what could I say, it was a wednesday night match and I would get to stay up late even though it was school the next day. My mother hit the roof when I told her it was all arranged. Went to the game, stood in the Kippax, brilliant atmosphere, the floodlights, it was like daylight couldn't believe it. The match was against Wolves 2 - 2 and we got relegated that season but by then I was hooked. Have talked to other Blues and slagged them off rotten but let anybody else start doing that, I don't think so. I've cried and cheered at this team for what? to cry and cheer again. Don't care, they are my team CTID

Uwe Rosler's Grandad said:
I was born a blue. Grandad was a blue, mum was a blue, uncle was a blue...literally all the family on my mum's side are blue. My mum's claim to fame is she went out with Colin Bell once!
In that case your Mum is a legend.

Sheikh Django said:
Uwe Rosler's Grandad said:
I was born a blue. Grandad was a blue, mum was a blue, uncle was a blue...literally all the family on my mum's side are blue. My mum's claim to fame is she went out with Colin Bell once!
In that case your Mum is a legend.

I've never gotten to the bottom of the story though! My dad says her best mate was going out with Malcolm Allison and she tagged along with Colin Bell. My mum on the other hand says it was a full on date!

dad,mum,brother,aunties,uncles,grandads[late],nephews,etc etc,,all blue,not one ever have had a rag on dads or mums side of family ever,so I was born a blue

my mum signed up my two brothers and me to junior blues in the 70's, it was supposed to stop us squabbling, unfortunately it started years of 'heated debate' between us. sorry mum kind of backfired that one. getting the certificate and the little badge and scarf was the first interest i can remember having outside of my own family.
looking back now i truly got hooked on city at my 1st game, the nervous excitement of knowing something was going to happen but not really knowing what. what a buzz, been feeling it ever since.

Born in Salford Lower broughton,me Dad was from Glasgow and supported Partick Thistle,so he had the underdog mentallity already there.He took us to the match from a very early age use to get passed over the turnstiles in platt line,never forget the thrill i use to get from walking in and staring at the pitch.

Born into a blue family. 1st home game I went to was a 0-1 defeat around 78 to Derby County and have never looked back. I feel like I jinxed the club ;-)

Not living in Manchester for a very long time, I usually get to a few games each season but mostly away games in/around London. Witnessed some shockingly demoralising defeats over time but it made the victories much sweeter.

I'm more of a lurker on these and other City boards, visiting them everyday.

Don't have an account? Register now and see fewer ads!

Back
  AdBlock Detected
Bluemoon relies on advertising to pay our hosting fees. Please support the site by disabling your ad blocking software to help keep the forum sustainable. Thanks.