Hiddink Yes or No

Soulboy said:
de niro said:
lets see where end up, the only snag is if another top club nab him and we end up needing a change in may.

Why would we need a change in May?

I thought Hughes was doing a great job and the second half of the season would be even better as we "gell".

I always thought you were a big supporter of the manager?

i am, its just that i dont think the owners would settle for say a top ten finish, we need to win something.as for myself i from day one have said the end of this season is judgement time for mark hughes, forget the first window we got our money too late, he did well in the january window in what is always a hard window to get the best players in, the summer and this coming window will define success or failure in my eyes, by may everyone can see just how much progress we've made.one thing is for certain we can't piss about, we have to make hay while the sun shines as other clubs will indeed themselves find rich owners sooner or later.

hughes should be given this whole season Imo, unless we go on a losing run for 5 plus games, and i dont feel we need to rush for hiddink, who i admit is a top class gaffer, but the very top jobs are few and far between, the madrid situation is the only thing Imo that would scupper us getting hiddink in the future, liverpool may like him but they cant afford to sack rafa right now, chelsea want him in another role, therefore we could still probably offer him the job if it ever arose.

But all the above is hyperthetical, I for one truly hope its hughes who leads us to glory and endless trophies.

de niro said:
Soulboy said:
Why would we need a change in May?

I thought Hughes was doing a great job and the second half of the season would be even better as we "gell".

I always thought you were a big supporter of the manager?

i am, its just that i dont think the owners would settle for say a top ten finish, we need to win something.as for myself i from day one have said the end of this season is judgement time for mark hughes, forget the first window we got our money too late, he did well in the january window in what is always a hard window to get the best players in, the summer and this coming window will define success or failure in my eyes, by may everyone can see just how much progress we've made.one thing is for certain we can't piss about, we have to make hay while the sun shines as other clubs will indeed themselves find rich owners sooner or later.

I take all your points on board, and you are at least consistent in your point of view.

However, I have also read you on numerous occasions urging City fans to show patience, that Hughes will achieve his targets by the end of the season... but it appears now you are wavering and are actually conceding that he may not, after all, take us to wher we want to go.

Yes?

If that is the case, then you can't really criticise anyone suggesting he might not be good enough for the job... because you're also saying that!

Cheers for the reply anyway.

Soulboy said:
de niro said:

I take all your points on board, and you are at least consistent in your point of view.

However, I have also read you on numerous occasions urging City fans to show patience, that Hughes will achieve his targets by the end of the season... but it appears now you are wavering and are actually conceding that he may not, after all, take us to wher we want to go.

Yes?

If that is the case, then you can't really criticise anyone suggesting he might not be good enough for the job... because you're also saying that!

if he aint up to it, and with all that dosh we should win something or other then we must look at alternatives, its the chopping and changing that does my fruit in, its got us precisley nowhere for almost 40 years. i want us to build something, lay strong foundations yet win a cup or so along the way. i am greedy for the lot.

Soulboy said:
de niro said:

Yes?

Soulboy, the only thing a manager is guaranteed, is the chop. Using your logic Hughes would be there until he dies. I dont think DeNiro has wavered, merely pointed out that IF he goes, Hiddinck maybe at a new club. So when you think Fergie will retire/die/get assasinated/implode?

Also, i am happy as a pig in shit, if Hughes does well then great, we are winning things. If he doesn't then, according to the Hughes out mob, God will take over and we will win everything from now until eternity. Happy days indeed, boyo.

robbieh said:
Why this obsession with having a manager around for 10 years. Is this because United do it this way? If so I'd rather not thank you.
So you don't want to win anything then?

Because a long term manager gets players playing the way he wants and fine tunes the team when necessary. He builds a winning culture and sets the whole organisation up to support that.

de niro said:
Soulboy said:

Yes?

if he aint up to it, and with all that dosh we should win something or other then we must look at alternatives, its the chopping and changing that does my fruit in, its got us precisley nowhere for almost 40 years. i want us to build something, lay strong foundations yet win a cup or so along the way. i am greedy for the lot.

i understand your thought process but you can't judge the present by looking at the past - we have not got ADUG's man at the helm and once we get that man then that is the time for an attempt at stability.

Hughes will never take us where we want to go.

We haven't got time on our side, we've only got 3 years before the end of the world. You can see whats going to happen, we'll be top of the league and the world will end. TYPICAL CITY!

Don't have an account? Register now and see fewer ads!

Back
  AdBlock Detected
Bluemoon relies on advertising to pay our hosting fees. Please support the site by disabling your ad blocking software to help keep the forum sustainable. Thanks.