High end restaurants

I used to love L’Enclume, it was a treat to go there and stay over in Cartmel but haven’t been for probably 3 or 4 years. Mostly because they only do taster menus now which wasn’t always the case.

The wife hates taster menus and despite me being a bit of a foodie taster menus have started to get on my tits now. When I’m paying top dollar I want to enjoy every mouthful and it dos’nt help when they serve up lambs testiculs and I have to eat my wife’s as well.

The last bit dos’nt particularly read right but you know what I mean.

After the meal. I pegged it to the Red Lion ? in the square ordered the drinks and 4 pkts of crisps while two of the waiters from L'Enclume were there blagging Ice ( having a good Laugh at me )
Now regarding you're last statement, well each to their own mate ;-).

I love cooking. I love eating. As posh as it gets for me is Gaucho Grill, well I say ‘as it gets’, that was years ago. I’ve eaten in a Michelin recommended pub in the Lakes, which was lovely but was just pub grub.

I watch a lot of cooking programmes. That idiot Heston is on now. Looked at his restaurant - 3 Michelin star - and it’s THREE HUNDRED AND FIFTY POUNDS reservation.

Tom Kerridge is my favourite along with Rick Stein. Kerridge’s Hand and Flowers pub has accommodation for 650 per night. Then food costs. Steins I always threaten to go to when down Padstow. My wallet says Nein.

Anyone been lucky enough to try such high end dining?
Food and service in Hand and Flowers is excellent. I have eaten there several times.
You can stay at his other place much cheaper.

I class myself as an egg and chip merchant. That said, our friends once took us to L'enclume in Cartmel for an anniversary meal. Some experience. They kept the wine in a bucket out of reach, and only poured a gobful when you were empty. 7 small courses (taster menu) later, full as a tic, and £160 lighter in the pocket. Go every now and then to a similar place. The French is Manchester's best

I've eaten at Pierre Gagnaire in Paris a couple times, absolutely incredible.

Also El Bulli before it closed. Jason Atherton at Maze, Benares in Mayfair.

All top of their game.

If I had to choose though, would say De Friscos or Peter Luger Steak House in NYC.

For pizza, Paulie G's in Greenpoint, Brooklyn.

Last edited:
I've eaten at Pierre Gagnaire in Paris a couple times, absolutely incredible.

Also El Bulli before it closed. Jason Atherton at Maze, Benares in Mayfair.

All top of their game.

If I had to choose though, would say De Friscos or Peter Luger Steak House in NYC.

For pizza, Paulie G's in Greenpoint, Brooklyn.

Try the Porter House on Columbus Circle if you want steaks. Loved it there.

Don't have an account? Register now and see fewer ads!

Back
  AdBlock Detected
Bluemoon relies on advertising to pay our hosting fees. Please support the site by disabling your ad blocking software to help keep the forum sustainable. Thanks.