Higuain to Arsenal?

@SamuelRhodes_ 8m
Arsenal are offering £19 million for Higuain, Real Madrid want £21 million.
Arsenal are refusing to pay the extra £2 million. It's only 2!

sign him maybe?

Kun Aguero said:
richards30 said:
Gabriel said:
Apparently an Arsenal delegation left Madrid without his signature, and there is talk that Wenger may now be seeking a cheaper alternative.

fucking get in there cheeky and get it done!

WHY DONT WE JUST SIGN EVERY PLAYER TO KEEP YOU FUCKING HAPPY!!!!

if were after cheaper alternatives to cavani...spending 15-17m on cordozo or negredo, you think its unreasonable for fans to want the club to get higuain for 21m?

BOPhm_jCQAEzjR-.png:large

AlvaLazuardy said:
@SamuelRhodes_ 8m

sign him maybe?

The silly bastards lost out on 2 great players due to penny pinching.

Vertonghen and Mata (in particular) both were lined up and had terms agreed but Arsenal either dragged heels or hoped their offers would be accepted and both times they lost out and both times they regretted. Mertescker or Vertonghen, Ramsey or Mata? Not even hard is it?

Absolute circus that club. I hope they sign nobody of ilk and I hope they fall out the top 4, fuck them.

NipHolmes said:
AlvaLazuardy said:
@SamuelRhodes_ 8m

sign him maybe?

The silly bastards lost out on 2 great players due to penny pinching.

Vertonghen and Mata (in particular) both were lined up and had terms agreed but Arsenal either dragged heels or hoped their offers would be accepted and both times they lost out and both times they regretted. Mertescker or Vertonghen, Ramsey or Mata? Not even hard is it?

Absolute circus that club. I hope they sign nobody of ilk and I hope they fall out the top 4, fuck them.

Higuain would be a cracking signing for them and would make them a threat next season imo. He's going in my FFT anyway ;).

Dribble said:
SerieAFan said:
Dribble said:
It's greedy selling clubs who have started the inflationary madness that is killing the game, clubs desperate to sit at the top table (Man City) have had no choice but to comply or go for a long-term strategy of finding & nuturing young fresh talent instead of taking the short-term route by buying the finish product.

Do you really believe that? I have posted on many different football forums in my time and that is one of the most bizarre posts I've ever read. Dribble is an appropriate username indeed.
Well let's look at Thomas Ince for example. Blackpool bought him from Liverpool fof £500k and 2-3 years later they want to sell him for £12m.

He's never been tested at the highest level domestically or internationally but Oyston is holding out for this ridiculous fee. Liverpool, West Ham & Swansea have all but walked away from potential deals because of this & are looking abroad for cheaper less risky alternatives.

Then one U21 Championship disaster later, the FA are complaining that young English talent are't being given chances by the bigger clubs & that's why England are shit at international football. Just like Napoli wanting £53m for Cavani & Blackpool wanting £12m for an untried & untested youngster, that my friend is a major contributory fact as to what is killing the game.

Now you can go back to your many forums & explain this 'bizzare' advanced logic to your many 'Cyber Mates' who obviously hang on you every expert word....... Oh & one last thing; who are you again because I've never heard of you oh famous & wise one......

Tom Ince has a good goalscoring record in the championship for a 21 year old. He is worth much more than when Blackpool bought him because he has improved. You also have to factor in the fact that Blackpool would have to replace him and that they only get something like 70% of the actual transfer fee after agent fees etc.

Is he worth £12m? I don't think so although I'm sure a top club could haggle that price down.
Is he worth £12m to Blackpool? He might well be seeing as he's one of their main players who they'll have to spend money replacing, so why shouldn't they look for that fee?

How is this killing the game? If you want him, pay up. If not, shove off. Why should lesser clubs should roll over as soon as a supposed big club comes calling? If the player was attracted to Liverpool, Swansea etc. then he may try to push the move himself. Maybe he'd rather stay where he is and play instead of sitting on the bench?

And Cavani? What about him? He's rated as one of the top strikers in the world, has decent time left on his contract, is playing for a club in a good financial position that makes healthy profits, has champions league football and a chance at competing on all fronts and he is adored by the fans. What price do you want to pay for him? £40m? £30m?

You have to realise just how many things are factored into these prices and to Napoli, Cavani is irreplaceable so they are right to look for a club to reach the buy out clause. That being said, Cavani wants to go to Madrid so I'd be fairly sure they'd get him for a bit less if he wants to go.

What makes you think clubs should just roll over and sell their best players for whatever price you/the buying club think they are valued at? Get real.

And that last paragraph is just snide and unnecessary. I never claimed to be an expert, just giving my opinion which is void of any insults. You don't seem to be able to have a debate with someone who has different views to your own however.

SerieAFan said:
Dribble said:
SerieAFan said:
Do you really believe that? I have posted on many different football forums in my time and that is one of the most bizarre posts I've ever read. Dribble is an appropriate username indeed.
Well let's look at Thomas Ince for example. Blackpool bought him from Liverpool fof £500k and 2-3 years later they want to sell him for £12m.

He's never been tested at the highest level domestically or internationally but Oyston is holding out for this ridiculous fee. Liverpool, West Ham & Swansea have all but walked away from potential deals because of this & are looking abroad for cheaper less risky alternatives.

Then one U21 Championship disaster later, the FA are complaining that young English talent are't being given chances by the bigger clubs & that's why England are shit at international football. Just like Napoli wanting £53m for Cavani & Blackpool wanting £12m for an untried & untested youngster, that my friend is a major contributory fact as to what is killing the game.

Now you can go back to your many forums & explain this 'bizzare' advanced logic to your many 'Cyber Mates' who obviously hang on you every expert word....... Oh & one last thing; who are you again because I've never heard of you oh famous & wise one......

Tom Ince has a good goalscoring record in the championship for a 21 year old. He is worth much more than when Blackpool bought him because he has improved. You also have to factor in the fact that Blackpool would have to replace him and that they only get something like 70% of the actual transfer fee after agent fees etc.

Is he worth £12m? I don't think so although I'm sure a top club could haggle that price down.
Is he worth £12m to Blackpool? He might well be seeing as he's one of their main players who they'll have to spend money replacing, so why shouldn't they look for that fee?

How is this killing the game? If you want him, pay up. If not, shove off. Why should lesser clubs should roll over as soon as a supposed big club comes calling? If the player was attracted to Liverpool, Swansea etc. then he may try to push the move himself. Maybe he'd rather stay where he is and play instead of sitting on the bench?

And Cavani? What about him? He's rated as one of the top strikers in the world, has decent time left on his contract, is playing for a club in a good financial position that makes healthy profits, has champions league football and a chance at competing on all fronts and he is adored by the fans. What price do you want to pay for him? £40m? £30m?

You have to realise just how many things are factored into these prices and to Napoli, Cavani is irreplaceable so they are right to look for a club to reach the buy out clause. That being said, Cavani wants to go to Madrid so I'd be fairly sure they'd get him for a bit less if he wants to go.

What makes you think clubs should just roll over and sell their best players for whatever price you/the buying club think they are valued at? Get real.

And that last paragraph is just snide and unnecessary. I never claimed to be an expert, just giving my opinion which is void of any insults. You don't seem to be able to have a debate with someone who has different views to your own however.
Napoli are the same club who last season derided Manchester City for spending so much on player acquisitions, so what do they do? As soon as they're aware of our interest in Cavani, ADL offers him an improved contract with a massive buy-out clause inserted. So now there's no takers, he's trying to engineer an auction to profit as much as he can which is his right and the capitalist way.

So what happens if we paid £54m for Cavani, he'll then do what he did last season and implore UEFA to force us to reign in our spending! So in ADL's book it's Ok to profiteer from us where Napoli's concerned, but it's not Ok if it's another club who profits from us? That is just double-standards from ADL & I can see where your 'bizarre' logic emanates from.

Let's look at Lescott as a case in point. During our initial squad development stage, we needed to upgrade from Richard Dunne to the likes of Kompany & Lescott. We go abroad & get Kompany for £6m, but Everton demand £22m for Lescott! They then accuse us of having no class and causing an inflationary effect on British football.

We offered £10m for Lescott and then went to £12m which were fair bids for a player of his ability. Everton didn't want to lose the player, but the player made it clear he wanted to leave so Everton put a crazy price on his head leaving an evolutionary Manchester City with the choice of doing business at £22m and moving the squad on or leaving the deal and looking elsewhere.

My (and most City fans) point is who's most at fault, the profiteering club or or the mugs who pay the fee? In my opinion we were the mugs, but we were the mugs who saw paying inflationary fees as a means to an end and plus we could afford it. So why are City being castigated when Madrid spend £80m on Ronaldo, Ibrahimovic cost Barca £60m-£70m, Torres cost Chelsea £50m and Liverpool spent £35m on Caroll, but yet we are the main team most targeted by those who favour FFP.

If the ridiculous FFP can be brought in to stop a club owner from spending his own money, why not extend the ridiculous policy to stopping clubs from putting crazy valuations on players? What I'm saying is that the whole situation is bloody ridiculous, but you can't solve the problem by sanctioning action against half of the problem whilst the other half is left alone to create an ever inflationary market.

I could understand your logic better if Everton had asked for £10m for Lescott, but we said 'No sod it, we'd rather pay you £22m'! Like you quite rightly said 'If you want him, pay up. If not, shove off'. We needed him & paid, and as a result FFP is brought in to curb our spending, but what about the club asking for the ridiculous fee? What UEFA should have done then is put fair maximum valuations on every player registered with them so the only way fees could go is down. This way the market would come down to 3 things: A: A club wants to buy a player - B: Selling club is willing/unwilling to listen to offers - C: The player is/isn't interested in moving. Simples, everyone knows where they stand!

Either change the lot, or leave the lot alone!

And Finally, if you want less barbed responses from us blue-mooners, stop trying to be a big-headed smart arse with comments like ' I have posted on many different football forums in my time and that is one of the most bizarre posts I've ever read. Dribble is an appropriate username indeed.'

I couldn't give a toss how many forums you've posted on, go get some friends & trying living outside of cyber-space....... The world's actually an alright place once you get used to it! :-)

Don't have an account? Register now and see fewer ads!

Back
  AdBlock Detected
Bluemoon relies on advertising to pay our hosting fees. Please support the site by disabling your ad blocking software to help keep the forum sustainable. Thanks.