hillsborough anniversary

bluemanc said:
Newlunar said:
Cheltblue said:
Mothball said:
We got knocked out of the Cup that year by Liverpool in the Quarters.Their but the grace of God

Sh*t. Didnt realise that.

In my opinion it wouldn't have happened to us.
It did happen to us & at the same stadium.
Anybody who has ever been in that end or the scoreboard end at the swamp knows that it's but for the grace of god it never happend to us.

You are right there mate

blueshortshorts said:
think you might have misjudged the mood of this particular thread..perhaps not the best way to make an entrance mate!

Anyway

WELCOME RAG

4 posts Rag left hand columnist checkitout

warpig said:
the self righteous attitude of some liverpool fans really irk me. its about time a few of them looked in the mirror and admitted to the role they played in the tragic events. specifically the hundreds of fans who jumped the barriers. to pin the blame solely at the hands of the police is a disgrace.

rip to the 96
thoughts to the families of those who lost loved ones.

Thats a bit unfair warpig.
Previous semi's at that ground had ticket checks on the approaches to avoid the build up of fans around the turnstile area which is what happened in 89 resulting in many fans with valid tickets unable to get in.
The number of tickets sold for the leppings lane terrace was below the actual capacity and even with the rush which caused the crush, the capacity was never exceeded.
The ground didn't have a valid safety certificate.
The copper in charge had never been in charge of a football game before.
The police CCTV footage of the front of the stand went missing.
The two outer pens were nowhere near full.
The year before, Everton fans nearly suffered the exact same fate in the same stand and many had to escape the fences and watch from the edge of the pitch.
An obvious warning missed and total incompetance from the police. Instead, they fed false information to the SCUM newspaper who published without question blaming Liverpool fans ("robbing the victims as they lay dying on the pitch" one said). The Police were entirely to blame and the copper in charge got early retirement and a big fat payoff due to the stress of the tragedy.

mackenzie said:
Newlunar said:
Cheltblue said:
Mothball said:
We got knocked out of the Cup that year by Liverpool in the Quarters.Their but the grace of God

Sh*t. Didnt realise that.

In my opinion it wouldn't happened to us.

In my opinion it could have.Easily.

Why Macca? When have you ever seen City fans charge a stadium entrance en masse to jib into a match. This is something that I've occasionally been slated for on here since the forum first started and I will NEVER back down on my view.
There are people walking around out there that were pissed up on that day and surged in at the back without a thought for those at the front,
I take no pleasure in the deaths of those people but I am sick to fookin death of hearing the familiar drips from the capital of self remorse.
Just because a commie tosser like Jimmie McGovern put together a play with that tiresome rag ponce Christopher Ecclestone in it. That was a load of one sided tripe for a start.

And as for the Taylor report- What a convenient white wash that was. The situation was that you have got thousands of people making an unlawful entrance into a ground. You will never find those people so you find a scapegaot instead and put the blame on his shoulders. Close the book and move on.
If you follow your logic it could have happened in any ground in the country in the 20 year span that fencing was up around the grounds. But it didn't did it?

The fact is LIVERPOOL fans are like that, plain and simple, They were entirely responsible for Heysel, not the stadium, not the Belgian police, and not the Juventus fans.
They were a set of twats in the eighties. They took pride in rampaging through European cities and stealing sportsgear which has since led to the strereotype of the thieving scouser. They even had a name for this activity.

It took what happened at Hillsborough to reel them in, because they didn't change after Heysel.

And they haven't changed one bit. Cast your mind back to Athens a couple of years ago, the ticket situation was a farce and what did those good Liverpool fans do who'd travelled without tickets? (Hands up if you spot a parallel with Hillsborough here.)
They reverted to type didn't they?
Yes, in full view of the cameras, they assaulted each other to try and rob tickets off their fellow supporters. Just like they pushed from the back in 1989.
And that shifty little **** Michael Shields is as guilty as a puppy sitting next to a pile of shit as well.

So at the risk of a ban for stating a personal opinion I say RIP the 96 people, the real people who were responsible were never brought to book.

KpxSte said:
warpig said:
the self righteous attitude of some liverpool fans really irk me. its about time a few of them looked in the mirror and admitted to the role they played in the tragic events. specifically the hundreds of fans who jumped the barriers. to pin the blame solely at the hands of the police is a disgrace.

rip to the 96
thoughts to the families of those who lost loved ones.

Thats a bit unfair warpig.
Previous semi's at that ground had ticket checks on the approaches to avoid the build up of fans around the turnstile area which is what happened in 89 resulting in many fans with valid tickets unable to get in.
The number of tickets sold for the leppings lane terrace was below the actual capacity and even with the rush which caused the crush, the capacity was never exceeded.
The ground didn't have a valid safety certificate.
The copper in charge had never been in charge of a football game before.
The police CCTV footage of the front of the stand went missing.
The two outer pens were nowhere near full.
The year before, Everton fans nearly suffered the exact same fate in the same stand and many had to escape the fences and watch from the edge of the pitch.
An obvious warning missed and total incompetance from the police. Instead, they fed false information to the SCUM newspaper who published without question blaming Liverpool fans ("robbing the victims as they lay dying on the pitch" one said). The Police were entirely to blame and the copper in charge got early retirement and a big fat payoff due to the stress of the tragedy.

bollox ... it's liverpools fault aswell they are arrogant little shits and the fact they deny any role in this seriosuly irks me. If this happened to city and say i dunno my sister or my dad or so on died in that crush i know exactly who id blame and it wouldnt be the police. at the end of the day people died because of a crush ... who caused the crush, liverpool fans and incompetent policing. would never have happened with city, our kid (9year old girl) went to copenhagen with us, and every time and i mean every time a city fan swore anywhere near her, the lad turned round and apologized to my dad ... completely different kettle of fish city fans to scousers ... may sound pathetic and slightly naive but we respect eachother.

Never realised you had been slated ages ago for your viewpoints Lunar.

And I never watched the TV dramatisation with Chris Ecclestone.

I have read plenty of accounts though, and I refute the accusations that the fans were in some way responsible. They were allowed to enter a death trap. Most grounds in this country at that time were the same. The Burnden Park disaster in the forties was in a ground that was still standing in 1989.There was a similar surge there but nobody blamed the fans.It was just an accident waiting to happen.

As or Shields? Yep, guilty.

They did not learn their lesson, they tried to crush in withouts tickets for the 2007 final in Athens (many did but others were stopped).

wearethesouthstand said:
i kinda hope its liverpool v united in the champions league

the q/finals are due to be played on the 20th anniversary -8th and 15th april

lets see how united cope when they have to go to anfield and observe the minutes silence (even if liverpool move the date by a few days they'd have to go through with it)

see how those hypocrite two-faced bastards have to face the media spotlight and intense pressure in the build up to the game

oh, silly me , its united isnt it... there'll be no pressure at all, even if they disrupted it, it would somehow be our fault !!!!

Won't happen. They will get their usual soft draw, probably Porto. Oh, and of course they'll play the away leg first.

The scousers were no better or worse than any other set of fans at that time and I'm quite sure the outcome wouldve been the same if it'd been us. If you imagine stuck at the turnstile, valid ticket in pocket, while the game is about to kick off but its quite obvious you're not going to get in and suddenly a gate opens and the crowd start to move through it. They couldn't have known what was going to happen as they walked into the ground or through the dark tunnel into the stand and the deaths of their fellow fans. The police shouldve known though, they had camera's showing them that the middle pen was overcrowded but they opened the gate anyway and "allowed" the disaster to happen. Hindsight is a wonderful thing, but they had the warning the year before!

Don't have an account? Register now and see fewer ads!

Back
  AdBlock Detected
Bluemoon relies on advertising to pay our hosting fees. Please support the site by disabling your ad blocking software to help keep the forum sustainable. Thanks.