hillsborough anniversary

eh indeed blueshortshorts - please can we stick to the straight forward rag insult as i Didnt get this either but tohught it was just cause I'm pissed!

mackenzie said:
Never realised you had been slated ages ago for your viewpoints Lunar.

And I never watched the TV dramatisation with Chris Ecclestone.

I have read plenty of accounts though, and I refute the accusations that the fans were in some way responsible. They were allowed to enter a death trap. Most grounds in this country at that time were the same. The Burnden Park disaster in the forties was in a ground that was still standing in 1989.There was a similar surge there but nobody blamed the fans.It was just an accident waiting to happen.

As or Shields? Yep, guilty.

Please don't think I'm being shirty with you Macca, it happened at Rangers as well and a few other places but Liverpudlians are the absolute masters of blame culture. Whereas other people accept accidents have happened and there is always contibuting factors, Liverpudlians differ in that thay always get together and shift the blame elsewhere.
Look at the case of Rhys Jones, they know who shoot kids FFS and still cover up for them, If my lad did that, I wouldn't sit up all night working out an alibi, I'd frogmarch him down the police station and hand him in myself.
The first time I mentioned Hillsborough in 2004 Steve King (RIP) had a hissy fit and called for me to be banned, he stated that he worked with scousers at BA and had seen them cry tears over Hillsborough. Well that's what they do isn't it? Suck everyone in with their faux sorrow. No one used to lay flowers anywhere but since Hillsborough everytime a fookin dog gets run over there's some pyjama'd chavvy woman in tears on the TV lamenting for the camera while she lays a bouquet from the local Esso.
Ambulance chasers and injury lawyers came to the fore as a direct result of scouse blame culture.
Scarblu said he disagreed with my Hillsboro view back then but said he thought it was a 'bloody brave post'.
Sometimes you have to rail against the populist view or the truth gets swallowed up in myth and semantics.

And to dispell another myth, guess what modern day Everton fans think about Heysel? They call Liverpool murderers and are seriously pissed off that they missed out on their chance on European glory when they were the cream of English football in the years after Heysel.

Newlunar said:
Please don't think I'm being shirty with you Macca, it happened at Rangers as well and a few other places but Liverpudlians are the absolute masters of blame culture. Whereas other people accept accidents have happened and there is always contibuting factors, Liverpudlians differ in that thay always get together and shift the blame elsewhere.
Look at the case of Rhys Jones, they know who shoot kids FFS and still cover up for them, If my lad did that, I wouldn't sit up all night working out an alibi, I'd frogmarch him down the police station and hand him in myself.
The first time I mentioned Hillsborough in 2004 Steve King (RIP) had a hissy fit and called for me to be banned, he stated that he worked with scousers at BA and had seen them cry tears over Hillsborough. Well that's what they do isn't it? Suck everyone in with their faux sorrow. No one used to lay flowers anywhere but since Hillsborough everytime a fookin dog gets run over there's some pyjama'd chavvy woman in tears on the TV lamenting for the camera while she lays a bouquet from the local Esso.
Ambulance chasers and injury lawyers came to the fore as a direct result of scouse blame culture.
Scarblu said he disagreed with my Hillsboro view back then but said he thought it was a 'bloody brave post'.
Sometimes you have to rail against the populist view or the truth gets swallowed up in myth and semantics.

I know you aren't being shirty with me Lunar. Not your style.

And your comments are pretty brave, because you may get a backlash (as I think you know).

It's just that having read accounts of what happened that day (and, let's face it, that is most any of us on here can do) I was actually incredibly impressed and moved by the humanity that was shown during that day and the weeks after.

No football fan should be able to see the freedom of the green grass of a football pitch just yards away, whilst being suffocated and crushed to death.

It doesn't matter whether they are Scouse or rags. What happened before or since has nothing to do with those 96 and the way they met their deaths.

mackenzie said:
Newlunar said:

And your comments are pretty brave, because you may get a backlash (as I think you know).

It's just that having read accounts of what happened that day (and, let's face it, that is most any of us on here can do) I was actually incredibly impressed and moved by the humanity that was shown during that day and the weeks after.

No football fan should be able to see the freedom of the green grass of a football pitch just yards away, whilst being suffocated and crushed to death.

It doesn't matter whether they are Scouse or rags. What happened before or since has nothing to do with those 96 and the way they met their deaths.

That's the difference between me and your average brainless rag. I don't revel in the deaths of Hillsborough my views are strong on it out of sheer anger and frustration. Lessons were learned in hindsight but no contingency could have catered for the actions of so many drunken selfish arseholes that day in my opinion.
And I accept that in the wake there were a lot of people there that pulled out the stops to try and help those who were injured. I'd have a lot more sympathy if the Liverpool fans found the will to look inwardly and condemn those they know about who played their part in the tragedy, That's my last word on the subject. (Until the myth pops up on a future thread somethime April 2010- I shouldn't wonder.)

mackenzie said:
Newlunar said:

Anyone who needs a reminder or grounding follow the link and read through the list of names and ages

<a class="postlink" href="http://www.liverpoolfc.tv/lfc_story/memorial/" onclick="window.open(this.href);return false;">http://www.liverpoolfc.tv/lfc_story/memorial/</a>

That's the difference between me and your average brainless rag. I don't revel in the deaths of Hillsborough my views are strong on it out of sheer anger and frustration. Lessons were learned in hindsight but no contingency could have catered for the actions of so many drunken selfish arseholes that day in opinion.

And I accept that in the wake there were a lot of people there that pulled out the stops to try and help those who were injured. I'd have a lot more sympathy if the Liverpool fans found the will to look inwardly and condemn those they know about who played their part in the tragedy, That's my last word on the subject. (Until the myth pops up on a future thread somethime April 2010- I shouldn't wonder.)

this^

warpig said:
That's the difference between me and your average brainless rag. I don't revel in the deaths of Hillsborough my views are strong on it out of sheer anger and frustration. Lessons were learned in hindsight but no contingency could have catered for the actions of so many drunken selfish arseholes that day in opinion.

this^
So you two were there and saw it all? You know better than Lord Taylor, with all his witnesses?

The main reason there was a crush was that there were severe traffic problems. The police were asked to delay the kick off but didn't. There were certainly people without tickets but not that many. The police decided to open the gate but then lied about it and said it was forced by the fans. The tragedy happened because fans did what any of us would have done and took the shortest way into the standing areas, instead of the stewards directing them to the sides which weren't already full. When have you heard of the police being the victims of a whitewash?

Yes, the Scousers are a self-pitying bunch. Yes they were pretty well 100% to blame for Heysel and yes, there are inconsistencies in the Shields case that throw doubt on his claims of innocence.

But the blame for Hillsborough lies squarely on the shoulders of the South Yorkshire police and the board of Sheffield Wednesday.

Newlunar said:
mackenzie said:
Newlunar said:
In my opinion it wouldn't happened to us.

In my opinion it could have.Easily.

Why Macca? When have you ever seen City fans charge a stadium entrance en masse to jib into a match. This is something that I've occasionally been slated for on here since the forum first started and I will NEVER back down on my view.
There are people walking around out there that were pissed up on that day and surged in at the back without a thought for those at the front,
I take no pleasure in the deaths of those people but I am sick to fookin death of hearing the familiar drips from the capital of self remorse.
Just because a commie tosser like Jimmie McGovern put together a play with that tiresome rag ponce Christopher Ecclestone in it. That was a load of one sided tripe for a start.

And as for the Taylor report- What a convenient white wash that was. The situation was that you have got thousands of people making an unlawful entrance into a ground. You will never find those people so you find a scapegaot instead and put the blame on his shoulders. Close the book and move on.
If you follow your logic it could have happened in any ground in the country in the 20 year span that fencing was up around the grounds. But it didn't did it?

The fact is LIVERPOOL fans are like that, plain and simple, They were entirely responsible for Heysel, not the stadium, not the Belgian police, and not the Juventus fans.
They were a set of twats in the eighties. They took pride in rampaging through European cities and stealing sportsgear which has since led to the strereotype of the thieving scouser. They even had a name for this activity.

It took what happened at Hillsborough to reel them in, because they didn't change after Heysel.

And they haven't changed one bit. Cast your mind back to Athens a couple of years ago, the ticket situation was a farce and what did those good Liverpool fans do who'd travelled without tickets? (Hands up if you spot a parallel with Hillsborough here.)
They reverted to type didn't they?
Yes, in full view of the cameras, they assaulted each other to try and rob tickets off their fellow supporters. Just like they pushed from the back in 1989.
And that shifty little **** Michael Shields is as guilty as a puppy sitting next to a pile of shit as well.

So at the risk of a ban for stating a personal opinion I say RIP the 96 people, the real people who were responsible were never brought to book.
RIP the 96 people,
You've hijacked a thread for nothing more than to spew bile about a subject you know fuck all about & then post that,quality.
City fans don't charge turnstiles do they not,how about jumping them at stoke in the 70's how about the crush at burnley in 76 or.....
Actually it was drunken City fans causing the problem pushing from the back, women, little children crying being crushed and the City fans behind shout Push Push. The Police came in and was a bit heavy handed, however if they hadn't of reacted it would of got a lot worst.

The proble was that Santander has one turnstyle to let all the city fans through and the ticket had to bar coded through a machine and really frustrated everyone. Not the best organisation.
At Heysel the scousers had all their change confiscated so they couldn't throw coins then became a target for concrete & everything the italians could lay their hands on.
The last time pool played an italian team it was roma.
find.
There were reports of visiting fans being attacked with concrete blocks, bottles, bricks and smoke bombs, and there were also a number of stabbings. These events would have tragic repercussions a year later
Entitled to your opinion ,but you really haven't got a clue.

bluemanc said:
Newlunar said:
mackenzie said:
Newlunar said:
In my opinion it wouldn't happened to us.

In my opinion it could have.Easily.

Why Macca? When have you ever seen City fans charge a stadium entrance en masse to jib into a match. This is something that I've occasionally been slated for on here since the forum first started and I will NEVER back down on my view.
There are people walking around out there that were pissed up on that day and surged in at the back without a thought for those at the front,
I take no pleasure in the deaths of those people but I am sick to fookin death of hearing the familiar drips from the capital of self remorse.
Just because a commie tosser like Jimmie McGovern put together a play with that tiresome rag ponce Christopher Ecclestone in it. That was a load of one sided tripe for a start.

And as for the Taylor report- What a convenient white wash that was. The situation was that you have got thousands of people making an unlawful entrance into a ground. You will never find those people so you find a scapegaot instead and put the blame on his shoulders. Close the book and move on.
If you follow your logic it could have happened in any ground in the country in the 20 year span that fencing was up around the grounds. But it didn't did it?

The fact is LIVERPOOL fans are like that, plain and simple, They were entirely responsible for Heysel, not the stadium, not the Belgian police, and not the Juventus fans.
They were a set of twats in the eighties. They took pride in rampaging through European cities and stealing sportsgear which has since led to the strereotype of the thieving scouser. They even had a name for this activity.

It took what happened at Hillsborough to reel them in, because they didn't change after Heysel.

And they haven't changed one bit. Cast your mind back to Athens a couple of years ago, the ticket situation was a farce and what did those good Liverpool fans do who'd travelled without tickets? (Hands up if you spot a parallel with Hillsborough here.)
They reverted to type didn't they?
Yes, in full view of the cameras, they assaulted each other to try and rob tickets off their fellow supporters. Just like they pushed from the back in 1989.
And that shifty little **** Michael Shields is as guilty as a puppy sitting next to a pile of shit as well.

So at the risk of a ban for stating a personal opinion I say RIP the 96 people, the real people who were responsible were never brought to book.
RIP the 96 people,
You've hijacked a thread for nothing more than to spew bile about a subject you know fuck all about & then post that,quality.
City fans don't charge turnstiles do they not,how about jumping them at stoke in the 70's how about the crush at burnley in 76 or.....
Actually it was drunken City fans causing the problem pushing from the back, women, little children crying being crushed and the City fans behind shout Push Push. The Police came in and was a bit heavy handed, however if they hadn't of reacted it would of got a lot worst.

The proble was that Santander has one turnstyle to let all the city fans through and the ticket had to bar coded through a machine and really frustrated everyone. Not the best organisation.
At Heysel the scousers had all their change confiscated so they couldn't throw coins then became a target for concrete & everything the italians could lay their hands on.
The last time pool played an italian team it was roma.
find.
There were reports of visiting fans being attacked with concrete blocks, bottles, bricks and smoke bombs, and there were also a number of stabbings. These events would have tragic repercussions a year later
Entitled to your opinion ,but you really haven't got a clue.

Fair enough Bluemanc, but that is nevertheless, my opinion.

Don't have an account? Register now and see fewer ads!

Back
  AdBlock Detected
Bluemoon relies on advertising to pay our hosting fees. Please support the site by disabling your ad blocking software to help keep the forum sustainable. Thanks.